Is this how Carnival is run now?

ddled

I have sailed Carnival once, Royal and Princess 25 times. This time I find myself trying to put together a group of 8 or more cabins. So far dealing with Carnival is a joke. I got the number for their group line, because 8 or more cabins cannot be booked other than via their group department. Called it-about 1:30 central time today. Was put on hold by the machine-for 90 minutes! No human ever answered. Called the main number to book twice-they transferred. me to -guess what? the group line! Again more hold, I finally gave up. The main line cannot book over 7 cabins-all I wanted was to ask some questions about payment etc that are not on the website. One told me to try calling when they were not so busy in the group department . Tried to get a supervisor-the only ones they would put me through to are in this phantom group department!  The suggestion to try when not so busy was to call during the weekend-when they are closed according to their machine. One said well there have been a lot of cancellations of sailings and they are probably busy.  Oh boy.  I can sail Liberty-Royal out of Galveston but think Vista would meet our needs better. Have sailed Vista and the ship was great, but this group department is a fantasy. Guess I will try next week. Royal answered my questions in less than 5 minutes, But I have sailed Liberty 6 times and have pretty much done it all. If Allure had made it to Galveston I would have booked that but the pandemic put that back a year. 

p

Just now, vwrestler171 said:

You called right after a bunch more cancellations were announced, what did you expect was going to happen?  They are overwhelmed with people trying to reschedule.  

Right you called the day after they announced cancellations. .. and surprised it's almost impossible to get thru.  

Until the protocols came out last night people couldnt cancel for the next 2 months announced last  night. 

ok this is my. mea culpa or some other latin term. I just called the group line, got in in 3 minutes. Had all my questions answered. She said this afternoon was a lot of everything-some cancellations, lots of other things. Wish I could use a ta but that won't work in this case. Sometimes I wonder why I volunteer but I am learning a lot. For instance the group office hours are M-F. 9-8 eastern. Good for them. Issue closed.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, ddled said:

ok this is my. mea culpa or some other latin term. I just called the group line, got in in 3 minutes. Had all my questions answered. She said this afternoon was a lot of everything-some cancellations, lots of other things. Wish I could use a ta but that won't work in this case. Sometimes I wonder why I volunteer but I am learning a lot. For instance the group office hours are M-F. 9-8 eastern. Good for them. Issue closed.

Glad it worked out for you, but why exactly would using a TA not work?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ddled said:

ok this is my. mea culpa or some other latin term.

Credat Ioannis Heald, non ego,

53 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Could you let everyone know what the not busy times are that it is best to call?

Know how baggage claim at the airport is always a cluster at first?  Pro Tip:  if you take your sweet time getting there, it isn't.

@ddled Gee, I sure hope you don't have any problems getting everyone in your group to meet all the cruise protocols in place for safe sailing. Even if you get a free cabin for being the group leader, hope everything works out for all of you.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Don Kehote said:

Know how baggage claim at the airport is always a cluster at first?  Pro Tip:  if you take your sweet time getting there, it isn't.

We have had our bag come off first, so it was nice not waiting. We have also had a piece of luggage not come off (it was sent later to our hotel). In that case, being early or late did not matter.