Celebrity Edge October 23, 2021 Proof of Covid test?

tonylander

I am looking for any information regarding Covid testing at CVS or Walgreens..   PCR.. Antigen..

Rapid Diagnostic (ID NOW) at Walgreen  Calling Walgreens is impossible, 

any one know if this is accepeted?What proof do we need to show at boarding, e-mail on Ph?  confirmation Txt on phone... what do have to show them.

CVS cannot guarantee 1 o 2 days

Walgreen not guaranteed before travel

Is the best option to buy only from RCCL the Home test and results in 15 min?

What has been the the best process for past cruisers.

28 minutes ago, tonylander said:

I am looking for any information regarding Covid testing at CVS or Walgreens..   PCR.. Antigen..

any one know if this is accepeted?What proof do we need to show at boarding, e-mail on Ph?  confirmation Txt on phone... what do have to show them.

We board the 16th. We ordered the test online and have a CVS appointment. Hoping between the 2 we will have the results to show. I believe you just need to show the negative results via email or text from wherever you have test done. Having to do this is a pain in the...however it certainly makes us feel better about cruising. 

Edited by lovrccl
  • Thanks 1

In regards to CVS. There are some that will do the antigen test that you get back within 2 hours. You need to go online, put in your zip code to see if any of them do it in your area. They are pretty much locations with minute clinics. Make sure you mark antigen test. 
Most likely your local CVS only does the PCR. 

The ID now is not accepted if it not a telemedicine test.

Edited by kelib
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lovrccl said:

We board the 16th. We ordered the test online and have a CVS appointment. Hoping between the 2 we will have the results to show. I believe you just need to show the negative results via email or text from wherever you have test done. Having to do this is a pain in the...however it certainly makes us feel better about cruising. 

I did the antigen test through CVS late August for the Edge. They will send you a text, but also a link to sign up to have a record of your test. I just printed that and took to the ship. Ended up being much easier than I thought and was never charged anything for it.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, lovrccl said:

Thank you for your input. Good idea.... I have an appt with Walgreens but will also get the home test.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kelib said:

In regards to CVS. There are some that will do the antigen test that you get back within 2 hours. You need to go online, put in your zip code to see if any of them do it in your area. They are pretty much locations with minute clinics. Make sure you mark antigen test. 
Most likely your local CVS only does the PCR. 

The ID now is not accepted if it not a telemedicine test.

Yes the only one we could sign up for was the PCR. 

2 hours ago, kelib said:

I did the antigen test through CVS late August for the Edge. They will send you a text, but also a link to sign up to have a record of your test. I just printed that and took to the ship. Ended up being much easier than I thought and was never charged anything for it.

Are antigen or pcr test taken 48 hr prior to the cruise with results accepted by Celebrity?

7 minutes ago, maggieq said:

I looked at the celebrity website and they show the ID NOW NAAT test to be acceptable.  Has this changed.?

This is what the email said from Celebrity • Vaccinated guests 12 and older: will be required to present a negative Antigen or PCR test conducted within two days of boarding the ship.

2 hours ago, weregoingcruising said:

Are antigen or pcr test taken 48 hr prior to the cruise with results accepted by Celebrity?

As long as they are done either in person or proctored over the internet they are good. Someone has to verify who is taking the test. 

Our local CVS stores in Pinellas County Fl show that some do rapid antigen tests but when you try to book they universally say "no times available".  Frustrating.  Lots of urgent care centers doing the rapid antigen test but are charging from $125 to $200 dollars!  Even with insurance!

2 hours ago, maggieq said:

I looked at the celebrity website and they show the ID NOW NAAT test to be acceptable.  Has this changed.?

Yes, it is acceptable but the issue can be turnaround time. I see you are in NJ.
I know of 2 CVS stores in Burlington County that do the Antigen test which you get the results fast. I had my results back in 90 minutes. I am sure there are other CVS sites in NJ that do this just usually not your neighborhood one. 
Also, if you are going to CVS, they start scheduling their appointments 2 weeks in advance. They fill up quick so it’s best to get on their site ASAP. 

25 minutes ago, mjmagee said:

Our local CVS stores in Pinellas County Fl show that some do rapid antigen tests but when you try to book they universally say "no times available".  Frustrating.  Lots of urgent care centers doing the rapid antigen test but are charging from $125 to $200 dollars!  Even with insurance!

We are having the same issue in Tampa with Walgreens and CVS. We ordered the tests from the link Celebrity provided and made an appt for a PCR test with CVS as that s all that is available and just keep checking to see if any appointments open for rapid tests. Hoping the test kits work out but would like a backup plan for rapid test

• Like 1

At this point it seems like the backup plan is only available if you are willing to pay considerably out of pocket. I will keep searching as my cruise is not till 11/28 and if I find something more reasonably I will be sure to post about it.

9 minutes ago, mjmagee said:

At this point it seems like the backup plan is only available if you are willing to pay considerably out of pocket. I will keep searching as my cruise is not till 11/28 and if I find something more reasonably I will be sure to post about it.

Thanks will do the same We go on 10/23 

8 hours ago, tonylander said:

Hi, I booked through covid clinic dot org...  they want a printed copy of results, you will be showing these multiple times through embark process.    For our next cruise in November, I might do the at home test via video conference.   For your proof of vaccination make sure you have the app & upload your CDC card if you are on a ship that is supported by app.   Also bring your CDC card, this will be examined & scanned as well.   

CVS opens booking for tests 13 days out.  So if you want to test on the 21st or 22nd check now as they fill fast.  We found the closer to the major metro   we looked for CVS sites doing the rapid test the more CVS stores we found who did them.  

On 10/10/2021 at 9:49 PM, mjmagee said:

I went to the CVS Pharmacy and they say that they only accept appointments the day of... so what u need to do is wait till midnight and try to book for that morning....

Although, I did get lucky and was able to book on the 21st  PCR.. Good luck

On 10/10/2021 at 9:49 PM, mjmagee said:

yup, the antigen tests get booked up fast.

cvs only lets you schedule 2 weeks out.

for my Oct 26 cruise, i made an appt today for oct 24 and oct 25 at different lcoations. (just in case one cvs covid testing get shuts down for some reaosn like the tester called out sick.)

Almost all of the CVS's around me in CT do both tests. They open reservations 13 days prior. We cruise on the Edge on 10/30, and fly down to MCO on 10/28. On 10/15, I will make a reservation for an antigen test at a nearby CVS for the morning of the 28th -- our flight is at 1:25pm from BDL, about 40 miles from home. The next day, I will make another appointment for a CVS near our house in Orlando for Friday 10/29 as a back up. There seems to be availability as soon as the dates open up. 

If all goes well the morning of the 28th, I'll cancel the appointments for the 29th. 

Not sure what Plan C is yet. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

On 10/10/2021 at 10:27 PM, mjmagee said:

http://pinellas.floridahealth.gov/newsroom/2021/09/schedule-changes-at-pinellas-testing-sites.html

The Largo location offers PCR and rapid tests at no cost. I ordered the tests from Celebrity, but planning this as my back-up.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 2:01 PM, tonylander said:

ID NOW from Walgreens has been accepted. Our results came back in under two hours.

• Thanks 1

On 10/10/2021 at 9:36 PM, kelib said:

As long as they are done either in person or proctored over the internet they are good. Someone has to verify who is taking the test. 

Not all proctored tests over the internet are accepted.  Proctored tests with eMed are the only proctored tests that are accepted.