Arrival Times

What does my arrival time is from 12:30-1 mean? Does it mean the time to enter the port,? Drop off luggage? Or be at the counter, etc? My son will need the additional COVID test at the dock, does that happen prior to the 12:30-1 time? Any chance of arriving early and getting onboard faster? Port Canaveral if that matters. Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Heymarco said:

Arrival time is when you are allowed in the terminal building. Latest reports have been that Royal has been very strict about this. You will be asked to wait outside until your time.

I’ve heard this as well, although today we arrived in Bayonne at 1:40 for a 2pm check in and no one checked or asked. We still didn’t get on the ship until 3:30, due to our kids covid tests. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DanieleBelle said:

If Im in a junior suite do I get to board early?

We were on Ovation last week in a suite.  Check-in time was 12:30 (earliest possible time for that cruise).  We were told 1/2hr before to 1/2hr after scheduled check-in time was acceptable (12-1pm).

We arrived at 11:15.  We were quite a ways back in line, but still onboard by 11:45.  Nobody we saw was questioned about scheduled arrival time.  Appears it varies by ship, and even by sailing.

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

We were on Ovation last week in a suite.  Check-in time was 12:30 (earliest possible time for that cruise).  We were told 1/2hr before to 1/2hr after scheduled check-in time was acceptable (12-1pm).

It’s actually up to an hour before or after scheduled check-in time for any stateroom Junior Suite or above.

Miami terminal is not very strict with check-in times. I have been on two out of Miami and arrived 90 minutes before my scheduled check in and they let me and everyone else who arrived early in.  The employees advised that It really depends on how busy they are at the terminal when you arrive, as to whether or not they will let you in early.

Edited by TheBucketLister

7 hours ago, DanieleBelle said:

Typically not really, I don’t think the jr suites have priority boarding, but I could be wrong. Right now no one is getting priority boarding, at least those with kids who need to get the day of test. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomservo said:

I don’t think the jr suites have priority boarding, but I could be wrong. Right now no one is getting priority boarding…

If they give you pushback show them this:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/crown-anchor-society/program-updates

This has been in effect since 08/24/2021.  But priority in the way of up to one hour earlier than scheduled check-in, not first on like before.  Yes, Junior Suites get this benefit, as long as your boarding pass says suite.

Edited by TheBucketLister
  • Like 1

Symphony of the Seas (10/2) Arrival at pier (12:45pm arrival, check-in scheduled for 1:30pm .  Went to suites arrival sign and were literally inside and finished check-in within 10 minutes and was onboard the ship immediately.  IT  helped that we had requisite paperwork in hand (negative COVID test, proof of full vaccination, passport & set sail pass) and just breezed through 3 check points, received our “purple “The Royal Comeback” wrist band” and literally walked onto the ship.  Grandson had to have mandated COVID testing at boarding, so he (w/ his parents - also in Suite Cabin) had a separate line to check-in so he could be tested.  They had to wait in separate area until his test results were completed (took over an hour).  Cabins opened at 2pm, luggage delivered at 3pm.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 7:49 PM, DanieleBelle said:

What does my arrival time is from 12:30-1 mean? Does it mean the time to enter the port,? Drop off luggage? Or be at the counter, etc? My son will need the additional COVID test at the dock, does that happen prior to the 12:30-1 time? Any chance of arriving early and getting onboard faster? Port Canaveral if that matters. Thanks! 

Arrival time means nothing at PC. Was on Allure last week, had 12:30-1:00 time also in a CLS. Got there about 11:15am, dropped off luggage, and there already was 100+ people in line. Asked one of the Port guys about the check in time and he just laughed. He said, "We lost that battle weeks ago". Ha! The line started moving at 11:30 and we were in CK right around noon having Champagnes. 

So, as far as Canaveral, go when you want and enjoy your cruise! 

• Like 4

On 10/12/2021 at 9:26 AM, TYMAN said:

Arrival time means nothing at PC. Was on Allure last week, had 12:30-1:00 time also in a CLS. Got there about 11:15am, dropped off luggage, and there already was 100+ people in line. Asked one of the Port guys about the check in time and he just laughed. He said, "We lost that battle weeks ago". Ha! The line started moving at 11:30 and we were in CK right around noon having Champagnes. 

So, as far as Canaveral, go when you want and enjoy your cruise! 

You just made my day ;o)

On 10/11/2021 at 10:19 PM, tomservo said:

Typically not really, I don’t think the jr suites have priority boarding, but I could be wrong. Right now no one is getting priority boarding, at least those with kids who need to get the day of test. 

Yes, JS does have priority boarding.  We stay in JS all the time and I have seen reports of JS and above being allowed to board earlier than official check in time.

• Like 1

What kind of priority boarding does The Key have - vs just being Gold?  

We last cruised in 2017.  We boarded then with the Gold group - but we're getting The Key this time (for internet - plus show seating and all).  Do those with The Key board before the Gold group?  

2 hours ago, moonltnite said:

What kind of priority boarding does The Key have - vs just being Gold?  

We last cruised in 2017.  We boarded then with the Gold group - but we're getting The Key this time (for internet - plus show seating and all).  Do those with The Key board before the Gold group?  

Based on the info I received, the only C&A status that matters now is Pinnacle, they can board an hour each way like those staying in suites. The RCG rep I spoke with says those with the Key will be similar to Suites/Pin as they are allowed an hour each way. So if check-in time is 1pm, you can board around noon, but you won't actually be able to just show up at 10:30. Of course based on ports YMMV, you could potentially be able to show up whenever.

On 10/10/2021 at 9:43 PM, tomservo said:

I’ve heard this as well, although today we arrived in Bayonne at 1:40 for a 2pm check in and no one checked or asked. We still didn’t get on the ship until 3:30, due to our kids covid tests. 

Could you not have just told them to meet you at Windjammers?  LOL Kidding.

Back on land today and can report the arrival times are a joke at Port Canaveral. Not one single person asked to see our arrival time.  We arrived at 11am (had a 12:30-1:00 time), would have been onboard at 11:20 if not for traveling with our unvaccinated son who needed the additional COVID test. Got that done and waited 40 mins for negative result and was on board by 12:20. Not too bad actually. But for those wanting to know, you can arrive at anytime not just between your scheduled arrival time. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DanieleBelle said:

Back on land today and can report the arrival times are a joke at Port Canaveral. Not one single person asked to see our arrival time.  We arrived at 11am (had a 12:30-1:00 time), would have been onboard at 11:20 if not for traveling with our unvaccinated son who needed the additional COVID test. Got that done and waited 40 mins for negative result and was on board by 12:20. Not too bad actually. But for those wanting to know, you can arrive at anytime not just between your scheduled arrival time. 

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.  I've heard this reported but we don't want everyone to know that.  We're out of PC on Nov 28 and would like to not have crazy crowds.  We have a 12 o'clock arrival and are in a JS but plan to arrive around 1100.  We also have Jamie's reservations at 1230 (HOTS).

12 hours ago, DanieleBelle said:

Just curious how you handled your checked luggage prior to having your unvaccinated sons' COVID test and waiting for result? 

We will be traveling with a family group of 7 in late November out of Miami with an unvaccinated grandson.  We suspect Miami procedures will be similar to Port Canaveral.

We got to thinking if we check our bags before the testing/wait and then he tests positive (unlikely because of test 3 days before, but possible) and we are denied boarding, those bags would be impossible to retrieve - they would already be in the massive stacks of bags being loaded on the ship.  So do they have a special drop-off spot for luggage for this situation that doesn't get loaded until you are cleared?  To complicate things further, we are driving/parking at the Port of Miami and apparently you normally drop off your bags right after you enter the parking garage (in the garage area). 

Also, probably a dumb question, but we assume the test is performed once you enter the terminal at your arrival time (or before if they let you) and they probably have a special line/waiting area for the unvaccinated testing? Or is the testing/wait area outside the terminal before entry? We would obviously also need our entire travel party to wait for the results.  

On 10/11/2021 at 2:25 PM, DanieleBelle said:

Joke, I am assuming. 😉   

But simple answer...No...yes...maybe.  Seems to be all over the board on enforcing that.  

Edited by island lady

56 minutes ago, ReadyToCruise2 said:

those bags would be impossible to retrieve - they would already be in the massive stacks of bags being loaded on the ship.

It's more of a conveyor belt and after some time it could be retrieved - probably not as soon as you get a positive result and denied boarding but probably fairly quickly.

• Like 1