Vaccine Attestation

travelplus

Got an email for my upcoming cruise station ng they want my attestation 48 hours after getting the email which I did today . I'm fully vaccinated. They are threatening to cancel my cruise if I don't fill it out. Problem is their website is having problems. They are  threatening cancellation if I can't fill out my form because of their IT issue. That's their problem as I am not IT. I'm on the phone on hold. Hope I get it resolved.

Can they just cancel my cruise due to their shoddy  IT?

Thoughts?

• Like 1

I too am having the same problem with my “upcoming” cruise in February.  Got the urgent email.  When I log on to my planner, vaccination attestation is not an item on my “to do” list.  I do remember having to do this for my Miracle Alaska sailing a few months ago..why can’t they just keep this vaccination info in our planners?

I am traveling this week and may not have email access at all times..should I be worried if I can’t complete this task “within 48 hours” or is this truly a glitch that needs no further action at this time?  I honestly do not have 2 hours to wait on hold so I’m hoping someone here might be able to confirm?

• Like 1

Under Manage my Cruise I only see "To Do" Online Checkin February 12,2022. Hmm seems like it was sent in error and caused  panic! Question is if a child were to get vaccinated  in December for a February Cruise and was fully vaccinated a month before the sail date how could they cacel the cruise?

I am going to ask for some OBC for this panic(:n

Edited by travelplus

I just got the same one an hour ago for my cruise that is 128 DAYS AWAY.  MUST ATTEST WITHIN 48 hours for my cruise that is 4 MONTHS AWAY.  I have an under-12 year old traveling with us, and clearly he can't be vaccinated yet.  Their guildlines say that they are "hopeful" that ages 5-11 will be allowed to get the vaccine, but they are also saying that exemptions aren't available for that age group, so if I attest to this right now while he is unvaccinated, I guess they will automatically cancel all of us?  We were holding off until close to final payment date to see if the policy changes, or vaccines become available , we aren't going without our under-12 year old.

The Carnival site is now working and I completed the form.  The strange part is that after you have completed the form and you go back to the Carnival site and view the Cruise Manager, you will see the following: VIEW VACCINATION SURVEY FOR BOOKING.  It is all lined out and gives the impression it should not have been requested at this time or else it is completed and done with.  Take your pick.    

The vaccine attestation isn't even showing on my planner or "to do" list for my Feb cruise.  I thought it was too early because for our last cruise it was closer to the sail date.  I'll check again tomorrow, but I certainly do not have the time to wait on hold for hours  especially while at work.   I sure wish those fully-vaccinated could have their status stored in their profile or somewhere.  However, I do know they have to check so this must be the easier way to have it done.  

6 hours ago, saltshell said:

Got it. Filled it out an hour ago. January cruise. Done deal.

Same here.  Was surprised to get it so early, but done and done.  If I have to fill out another when cruise gets closer will do so.  Not a biggie, imho.  

4 hours ago, ilovesparky13 said:

The attestation only applies to cruises that sail in 2021. As of now, they have not expanded it to 2022 yet. 

I thought all protocols, including the vaccine requirements, were continued through February. Is that not the case?

I just wish they would mail merge the Vaccine Attestation Required email with the sailing date like they do every other email they send me...  So I would not have to go through several cruises to find one with a survey item as a to-do list item...  (in my case it was a January cruise). 

Every time this email comes out, their website is overloaded until the rush diminishes.  (this is the fourth such email for the fourth such applicable cruise for me).  This time, I didn't even try to log right in, I just wanted a day and... no issues.

3 hours ago, tytanbri said:

I thought all protocols, including the vaccine requirements, were continued through February. Is that not the case?

The "To Do" list for my January 22nd, 2022 sailing certainly had a Vaccine Attestation (survey) open this morning. 

• Haha 1