Diamond Drink Vouchers

Do they automatically apply "vouchers" to first four drinks of the day or can you tell server whether or not to apply it?  I am thinking that I would want to pay for my cappuccinos and save the four free drinks for more expensive cocktails or wine in the evening.

33 minutes ago, cherski said:

Do they automatically apply "vouchers" to first four drinks of the day or can you tell server whether or not to apply it?  I am thinking that I would want to pay for my cappuccinos and save the four free drinks for more expensive cocktails or wine in the evening.

They will usually apply unless you tell them not to

On my recent Liberty of the Seas as a Diamond Crown and Anchor I received a 50% discount on a milk shake.

That being said it was not very good, milk, ice cream (or ice milk) and strawberry syrup (red colored, strawberry flavored sugar water).  No real strawberries of any sort.

The same syrup was used for their strawberry sundae

I will not be getting either again, very disappointing

19 hours ago, cherski said:

You could get your cappuccinos in the Diamond lounge. That's what we do!

Just now, TennisCruiser62 said:

I thought I heard Diamond members were not being allowed in the Diamond lounge right now. It is for guests who purchase Suites only. Is that true?

We had no trouble getting into the Diamond lounge on Ovation in Sept. I'm expecting the same on Anthem later this month. Are you perhaps thinking of the Suite lounge?

32 minutes ago, TennisCruiser62 said:

I thought I heard Diamond members were not being allowed in the Diamond lounge right now. It is for guests who purchase Suites only. Is that true?

You're thinking of Pinnacles not being allowed in the Suites Lounge to keep numbers down during COVID protocols.

Diamond and up have always been allowed in the Diamond Lounge.

Suite guests are not allowed in the Diamond Lounge unless they are Diamond level or higher. 

On 10/13/2021 at 5:56 PM, Another_Critic said:

Yes, correct.  Any bar, except Bionic. 

According to the website, which I know doesn't mean it's true...  not good at Rising Tide, either.  

Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Club members will be able to redeem their complimentary beverage vouchers (for drinks valued up to $13) at any venue except Starbucks, Bionic Bar and Rising Tide Bar, at any time throughout the day.

44 minutes ago, maureencruiser said:

According to the website, which I know doesn't mean it's true...  not good at Rising Tide, either.  

Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Club members will be able to redeem their complimentary beverage vouchers (for drinks valued up to $13) at any venue except Starbucks, Bionic Bar and Rising Tide Bar, at any time throughout the day.

That seems to be YMMV.  I used 2 vouchers at RT on Oasis in October.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2021 at 9:25 PM, goldengirl said:

If they are giving vouchers they need it to be on any drink you choose we all like different types of beverages

Previously, the Diamond Lounge had a specific, limited menu of drinks that were available.  This is an expansion of that, not a restriction.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, coloxray said:

So if I order a drink for more than the $13 and use a voucher will I just have to pay the difference or do I need to make sure it is under the $13 limit?

From what I've read it consistently inconsistent. Maybe pay the difference and maybe not.   You have to try to consistently find something over $ 13 anyway.

14 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

From what I've read it consistently inconsistent. Maybe pay the difference and maybe not.   You have to try to consistently find something over $ 13 anyway.

Top shelf liquors can make a drink cost more than $13, but pretty much everything is $13 or less made with well liquor.  Most reports I've seen say you pay the difference.

Edited by BND

33 minutes ago, BND said:

Top shelf liquors can make a drink cost more than $13, but pretty much everything is $13 or less made with well liquor.  Most reports I've seen say you pay the difference.

If you mix anything,  don't you degrade the taste and quality of the booze?

If you drink it strait up,  that makes/retains the quality.

47 minutes ago, Oxo said:

If you mix anything,  don't you degrade the taste and quality of the booze?

If you drink it strait up,  that makes/retains the quality.

Um, okay.  There are top shelf liquors that a shot cost more than $13.  There are also some people who will only drink certain liquors in mixed drinks.

2 minutes ago, BND said:

Um, okay.   There are top shelf liquors that a shot cost more than $13.  There are also some people who will only drink certain liquors in mixed drinks.  But, this discussion was about drinks that cost over $13 and how they're billed.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, maureencruiser said:

4 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

That seems to be YMMV.  I used 2 vouchers at RT on Oasis in October.

2 hours ago, coloxray said:

So if I order a drink for more than the $13 and use a voucher will I just have to pay the difference or do I need to make sure it is under the $13 limit?

1 hour ago, neverbeenhere said:

From everything I have been reading, Symphony is the outlier here.  On Symphony, you can't use the vouchers on the Rising Tide Bar.  On Symphony, you can't just "pay the difference" for a drink that costs more than $13.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

From everything I have been reading, Symphony is the outlier here.  On Symphony, you can't use the vouchers on the Rising Tide Bar.  On Symphony, you can't just "pay the difference" for a drink that costs more than $13.

We used vouchers on Rising Tide Bar on Harmony.  With regard to the over $13, all top shelf booze was $13 or under.  Even B&B on the rocks was under $13.  

Wine is a different story.  You will definitely find wines over the $13 limit.