How to tell if Bed is by Bathroom on Apex

LongIsCruiser

I'm sorry. I know this is a legitimate question and important for various practical reasons, but I couldn't help but have an immediate first thought.... which was "the cabins are so small, everything is next to the bathroom. Never once got lost" 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

I'm sorry. I know this is a legitimate question and important for various practical reasons, but I couldn't help but have an immediate first thought.... which was "the cabins are so small, everything is next to the bathroom. Never once got lost" 

Some like having bed by bath so that they have a more spacious area (such as it is...) by the veranda. If you want to park a scooter in the cabin you really need to have the bed by the veranda to allow enough space for the scooter.... tight but you can still get around it... and not take up a handicap cabin for someone who really needs the features of one.... these are a couple of reasons for wanting to know before hand....FYI

On 10/15/2021 at 6:06 PM, dani negreanu said:

Actually, they both have the bed by the bath.

For example, 10186 has the bed by the balcony (there is a video showing it).

Yes, 10186 does show as bed by balcony on the deck plan as in the video but 11267 is by the bath.  I didn't reference 10186 in my original post. 

Another way to determine bed placement, and the way I do it is to see where the indentation on the cabin wall is on the deck plans on the Celebrity website. If the indentation is sorta in the middle of the cabin then the bed is by the bathroom. if the indentation is by the Veranda then the bed is by the Veranda. The indentation is where the bed is located. 

22 minutes ago, CoG72crewz said:

Yes, 10186 does show as bed by balcony on the deck plan as in the video but 11267 is by the bath.  I didn't reference 10186 in my original post. 

9 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Another way to determine bed placement, and the way I do it is to see where the indentation on the cabin wall is on the deck plans on the Celebrity website. If the indentation is sorta in the middle of the cabin then the bed is by the bathroom. if the indentation is by the Veranda then the bed is by the Veranda. The indentation is where the bed is located. 

1) what I meant is that 11265, as well as 11267 have the bed by the bath.

2) the indentation is always in the middle

967EF526-F900-43F3-BF76-600F4E236693.jpeg

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

1) what I meant is that 11265, as well as 11267 have the bed by the bath.

2) the indentation is always in the middle

967EF526-F900-43F3-BF76-600F4E236693.jpeg

11265 has the bed by the balcony, don't you see the indentation?  11263 has the bed by the bathroom. And ABSOLUTELY NOT the indentation is always in the middle. That's the WHOLE REASON for the indentation. The rooms are like a puzzle, they interlock. The rooms are not a straight, rectangular box, they have alternating indentations for the bed to go into so the rest of the room can be narrower. 

• Like 1

Here is a video that explains the concept of interlocking cruiseship cabins. The purpose is to save space and allow more cabins in the same space. The video is about the new Carnival Mardi Gras but the concept is the same for many new shipbuilds. The section pertinent to this discussion starts at 7:28 (7 minutes and 28 seconds into the video). It's a very well done description of this cruiseship cabin design and helps you figure out bed placement. 

https://youtu.be/iwchgcij5Pc

Edited by kwokpot

Here's a wild idea, how about calling Celebrity?

We like outside cabins, but hate those with the bed under the window. Three trips ago we had just what we wanted. However, despite the pictures, the last 2 cruises had them under the window. When I asked the steward, he showed me where up the hall, they changes positions. Hoping that I would get the right orientation for our upcoming b2b, I just asked at booking. She responded, bed facing the bow. Just to check, I asked about the cabin we previously had. She did a couple of clicks and responded that it was oriented to port (thus under the window). 

• 1 year later...
14 minutes ago, Islander500 said:

What does it mean when there are HARD thicker solid black lines between cabins on Apex?  Like between 10127 and 10129?  I see they are connecting rooms, but was curious what those meant.

I believe that is the symbol for connecting staterooms.

1 hour ago, keesar said:

I believe that is the symbol for connecting staterooms.

Yes, I see that one; it's perpendicular to the connecting wall between the staterooms. I'm sorry I didn't describe it well. I'm referring to the hard thick black parallel line all along the entire wall dividing the 2 staterooms.