Jewel of the Seas - did I just get unlucky?

diana11

Just back from 7 days on the Jewel of the Seas. It was the first time on Royal Caribbean for us and I booked a balcony guarantee cabin.  We were horrified with the state of the room. The balcony divider had all the paint scratched off, the curtains were ripped, the ceiling was stained and the air con did not work. As well as this, we had a smell of rotten eggs coming from the balcony. On closer inspection we had cracked soil pipes going over the top of our balcony which is where the smell was likely escaping from. We were on deck 7.

We did get moved after 24 hours but it did ruin the first day of our holiday. Were we just unlucky or is this a true reflection of Royal Caribbean? Are cabins not checked?

image0.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

Edited by diana11
spelling

• diana11 changed the title to Jewel of the Seas - did I just get unlucky?

That is definitely not at all something I have experienced or would expect to experience from Royal, especially now with limited capacity, it's a lot easier to mark off cabins as unbookable. I feel like usually that would be caught, and maybe with all the new hires it slipped through the cracks, but definitely not justifiable.

I'd also follow up with post-cruise guest relations. Being moved to a new room is literally the bare minimum

• Like 1

The cabin number was 7616. I have sent an email to the UK email address since returning home and I have not even had an acknowledgement. Does anyone have a different email address that I can send the photos to?

2 hours ago, diana11 said:

The cabin number was 7616. I have sent an email to the UK email address since returning home and I have not even had an acknowledgement. Does anyone have a different email address that I can send the photos to?

But you got another cabin, right? How was that one? Was it an upgrade?  

4 hours ago, diana11 said:

Email.  Mbayley@rccl.com.   

What you experienced is definitely not the norm.  Let him know how this impacted your cruise experience with royal.

I’m glad you got moved to another cabin. That is certainly not the standard of Royal Caribbean cabins, although we have been in cabins that did need a little bit of repair here in there. Nothing like you are showing. 

I know it’s such a pain to move cabins, but I’m glad they were able to accommodate you. 
m