How are far aft interior cabins, Main Deck, Zuiderdam?

dawei

We wanted a J-category interior on Zuiderdam's Main Deck, but there was only one cabin left on that entire deck, a K category far aft for the 2024 World Cruise when I recently spoke with our TA. So, we told him to grab it.

If you have stayed in one of those 4, K-category cabins, your impressions would be appreciated. They look very similar/identical to the J cabins from a diagram we found. It appears the main or only difference is their location vs the midship J cabins. One question that comes immediately to mind is about engine noise. Wonder if it is a problem? Other than that possibility, those cabins look like they are fine.

David

6 minutes ago, RuthC said:

The K-cabins on Main Deck are identical in size to the J-cabins more forward on that same deck. 
I have not stayed in them, so can't speak to any noise concerns. 

We stayed in a K cabin on the Eurodam and we never experienced any engine noise. Great cabins!

Edited by Boytjie

Many thanks for the responses to my question about far aft cabins on Zuidy's Main Deck. We were in a J-cabin on that deck for VOV and were pleasantly surprised at how nice and large it was.

Tbay, thanks for mentioning the noise from MDR above. I hadn't thought about that possibility. Hopefully, it wasn't too loud; at least it shouldn't be an all-the-time event.

David

4 hours ago, dawei said:

Many thanks for the responses to my question about far aft cabins on Zuidy's Main Deck. We were in a J-cabin on that deck for VOV and were pleasantly surprised at how nice and large it was.

Tbay, thanks for mentioning the noise from MDR above. I hadn't thought about that possibility. Hopefully, it wasn't too loud; at least it shouldn't be an all-the-time event.

David

Cabin tool checker is a good site to view what's above/below your cabin location.

I use cruisedeckplans dot com for their "deck-drag" function.

And although access to cabin photos on their site is supposed to be members only, if you Google specific cabins (don't forget to check on sister ships), you can often find a photo.  Once you access the page, you can see every photo they have of cabins in that particular ship class.  There are videos, too.

Anyway, I was going to go for a K cabin when I did my Club Orange purchase for Eurodam if the J I wanted wasn't available (it was) and was curious if they were the same.  Love my J cabin! 

Good to know that the K cabins will be a future option if I can't get a J I want.

We've stayed in the Special K cabins in that location on a number of shops. Never had any issues with noise or vibration. Not from engines, dining room, elevators or crew passage behind the room.

Good location with easy access to MDR and Lido deck.

This is always my first choice for inside cabin.

• Like 1

The noise wasn't too bad or too loud. Around 11 to  midnight and 6 am.

Never bothered DH but I am a light sleeper.

I would stay in that cabin again. The size outweighs the noise.