I Can’t Take it Anymore…..

Duffysmom

7 hours ago, brisalta said:

They now have an option in the app to turn location finding by other passengers off and that is the default setting.

Where is that option located?  When I was completing dear SIL's check in, I saw that option that needed to be turned on, and decided to go back to it later and now I can't find it.

8 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

If you can get through to the medallion department they can help you with the credit card.

I've gotten through to the medallion department two or three times, spending over an hour on the phone with them each time, and no, they have not been able to fix the problem. They get the same results I get each time. My credit card shows as the default card, but the app insists it's not there.

40 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

I've gotten through to the medallion department two or three times, spending over an hour on the phone with them each time, and no, they have not been able to fix the problem. They get the same results I get each time. My credit card shows as the default card, but the app insists it's not there.

Just wondering if the January cruise which you cancelled is still showing on your app?  SIL rebooked the same cruise and ran into the same problem of the app not recognizing the same credit card.  She was still showing green lane for the cruise under the first booking number but couldn't complete the check in for the same cruise under the new booking number.  After the first booking number finally got deleted, she went to full green lane for the new booking number.  I don't know if this info helps.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

Just wondering if the January cruise which you cancelled is still showing on your app?  SIL rebooked the same cruise and ran into the same problem of the app not recognizing the same credit card.  She was still showing green lane for the cruise under the first booking number but couldn't complete the check in for the same cruise under the new booking number.  After the first booking number finally got deleted, she went to full green lane for the new booking number.  I don't know if this info helps.

Nope....cancelled cruises are all gone from the app.

We currently have 6 bookings, all using the same info, and the app only recognizes my credit card on one of the bookings. 1 out of 6 is a pretty lousy record.

13 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

We currently have 6 bookings, all using the same info, and the app only recognizes my credit card on one of the bookings. 1 out of 6 is a pretty lousy record.

I think they have a sync issue with their database.  It is not you, it is them!!  I had everything set up (credit card) on the app on my last cruise and found out that it was different from what the ship system has once onboard.  Front desk had to redo it for us on their end.

34 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Yeah, it seems that if a credit card is showing for one cruise, it can't also be used for any other active bookings.  Hopefully, this won't be an issue if you are able to complete check in through the web based personalizer once that gets reinstated.  🤞

6 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

It is crazy (frightening?) that they don't have some CSR over-ride to jam the card number into your

booking while you are on the phone.

5 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

It is crazy (frightening?) that they don't have some CSR over-ride to jam the card number into your

booking while you are on the phone.

They have tried and told me that they can't get the system to save the info.

However, they claim that all will be fine when I check in and they run my card at the port. (I'll believe it when I see it)

In the meantime, I am unable to make specialty dining reservations. Thankfully, the ship will be at reduced capacity, so there shouldn't be any problems with us eating where we want, when we want.

38 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

However, they claim that all will be fine when I check in and they run my card at the port. (I'll believe it when I see it)

In the meantime, I am unable to make specialty dining reservations. Thankfully, the ship will be at reduced capacity, so there shouldn't be any problems with us eating where we want, when we want.

Just wait and see.  Miracles can happened. My credit card was finally recognized an hour before boarding.  Green lane cleared. Go figure. 

8 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Where is that option located?  When I was completing dear SIL's check in, I saw that option that needed to be turned on, and decided to go back to it later and now I can't find it.

On the Medallion app home page click on the icon at the upper left then "My Preferences" ---> "OceanCompass" ---> "Hide Location" at which point you can turn it off or on.

12 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Ugh, that’s awful!  I must’ve been fortunate when they were able to help me with mine. So frustrating!

OK I’m done! Tried every suggestion and nothing works. What do I need to board without a working medallion? I have my booking number, vaccine card, credit card, what else do they require?

Funny thing is in 2019 we sailed twice with the medallion, the new and improved medallion is beyond frustrating.  I’m fearful they will not acknowledge my booking number at the port, then what….

Please, advice needed.

6 minutes ago, Duffysmom said:

OK I’m done! Tried every suggestion and nothing works. What do I need to board without a working medallion? I have my booking number, vaccine card, credit card, what else do they require?

Funny thing is in 2019 we sailed twice with the medallion, the new and improved medallion is beyond frustrating.  I’m fearful they will not acknowledge my booking number at the port, then what….

Please, advice needed.

There is nothing wrong with the physical Medallion.  NP with your booking at the port. 

The MC App has issues for some/many people.  Whole different beast.  You need your vaccine proof, your passport, your <= 2-day Covid test result, your credit card, and booking number or your Travel Summary.

unlike many here I have not had any problems with it. first down loaded it prior to my cruise on the Royal (Royals last cruise before shutdown). on a Samsung 8. Upgraded to a Samsung 21 with the Ap automatically getting installed on the new phone. Just put the information in for my Hawaii cruise in March with no problems at all.

On 10/26/2021 at 3:37 PM, CineGraphic said:

I don't remember which airline it was, but they used to have ads:

"Is this any way to run an airline???"

It seems to me being able to charge a customer is key to the success of any business

... that entering the customer's credit card number is directly related to generating revenue.

But, then, I'm not a global innovator...

"Is this any way to run  a cruiseline?"

• Like 1