Saint Greg's Panorama - LIVE - October 23-30 2021

Saint Greg

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

And the one that said it was weird was talking down on carnival as well. She went on Royal. She says royal is closer to Princess than carnival. She claims Johnny rockets wasn’t an additional charge when she went. Everything I’ve heard says that it was. “We’ll it wasn’t when I went.”

Perhaps she went for breakfast, if it was offered.  Then it's free.  Or maybe she had the Unlimited Dining Package, which can be used at JR.  Otherwise, you get charged.

• Like 2

I didn’t get to the window until 4:35. At 4:40 the lady asked me if she could help me. I told her what was up. She steps away. She comes back at 4:45 and says she needs to print my paper work real quick. She comes back at 4:55 and asks for me to hold up my ID. She then sends me a single swab in the paper. She asks me to take it out, stick it one half inch into each nostril and swirl five times in each. Then put it back in the paper. So I was done like 5pm and had my results within 30 minutes.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I didn’t get to the window until 4:35. At 4:40 the lady asked me if she could help me. I told her what was up. She steps away. She comes back at 4:45 and says she needs to print my paper work real quick. She comes back at 4:55 and asks for me to hold up my ID. She then sends me a single swab in the paper. She asks me to take it out, stick it one half inch into each nostril and swirl five times in each. Then put it back in the paper. So I was done like 5pm and had my results within 30 minutes.

Congrats Greg! We had our tests this morning on the Miracle and we're all good to go! 👍😎🤗

• Like 12

8 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

And this is an example of why I usually don't tell people what I'm doing. I was blindsided by the what are you doing question yesterday....so I told one person. Today I had a meeting and everyone knows about it now. One person is like "I heard you are going on a cruise!" Another person "I heard you just went on a cruise. Didn't you just go on a cruise?" Uhhhhh. I went to Cancun over the summer. "Oh okay. I heard you just went on a cruise. I was thinking it would be weird if you just went on one and you're going again already." Stay out of my business.

Next time someone asks where you are going, just get that wild eyed look and tell them that you hit somebody's car and to pay for the damages the judge decided that you have to be the aggrieved party's butler for one week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So I had my 6 month cleaning and exam today. Also had annual xrays and a 5 year panoramic xray screening. Dentist said I will need either implant or a flipper in the future. I had never heard the term “flipper” till this week in your review Greg. So bizarre to hear the dentist discussing this.

Thanks for the info as at least I knew what he was talking about. And I’m pretty sure when the time comes I’ll be getting the implant (I already have one).

• Like 2

So @Saint Greg if you don't mind me asking, did Walgreens take your insurance? Was there a charge to get the test there? And exactly which test did you request? I'm thinking of trying them in Austin on Xmas Eve before our cruise on the 26th of December...

I'm asking what kind of test because when I did a search the fastest test (the one where you get the results back quickly) were not available ANYWHERE in Texas, which I found a bit strange...

Edited by Shaded Lady
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Definitely. Let me know if there’s something I can bring him. And if he needs anything from the ports or whatever. As long as I’m there just let me know and I’ll take care of it.

Hi Greg,

That is so very kind of you to offer. I will ask him, thank you.  

He had oral surgery on one of his quadrants. Just what he needed before going away for 7 months!  

I mention this because he’s been on a liquid, now liquid & super soft food diet. He brought a portable, rechargeable battery hand operated blender-thing onboard. Blending a shake of protein powder ,milk & yogurt. Supplemented now with soft fish & mashed potatoes. Just your typical cruise food …🛳😄

Hey, just was interrupted writing this to talk with Mark.  He’s been calling a few times a day all week.   He told me to tell you thank you, but yeah he really doesn’t need anything ….. except to get out of the cabin! 🤣🤣  

He was hoping to be let out of quarantine on Saturday, but Sunday is the big day!

Thank you again Greg!  I’ll be looking forward to reading here about your Panorama cruise next week. 

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

Edited by Markmom18
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Roscoe13 said:

Next time someone asks where you are going, just get that wild eyed look and tell them that you hit somebody's car and to pay for the damages the judge decided that you have to be the aggrieved party's butler for one week.

I don’t think he’d decide it. I think he’d decree it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

So @Saint Greg if you don't mind me asking, did Walgreens take your insurance? Was there a charge to get the test there? And exactly which test did you request? I'm thinking of trying them in Austin on Xmas Eve before our cruise on the 26th of December...

I'm asking what kind of test because when I did a search the fastest test (the one where you get the results back quickly) were not available ANYWHERE in Texas, which I found a bit strange...

yes and If you don’t have it I’ve heard the government takes care of it. My concern about relying on Walgreens is they don’t take appointments until 2 days out. Seems risky.

Oh I did the ID now test which is a naat. No the rapid antigen was not available.This is the one that’s within 24 hours.. That’s one of the reasons I wanted to move my Friday appointment to today. If it actually took 24 hours…. It was 30 mins for me.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

The Alchemy Bar can help you with that! 😎

The Alchemy Bar can cure various ailments.  And if cures are needed first thing in the morning, the Bloody Mary @ Pig n Anchor has many medicinal qualities since it contains multiple food groups.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

The Alchemy Bar can cure various ailments.  And if cures are needed first thing in the morning, the Bloody Mary @ Pig n Anchor has many medicinal qualities since it contains multiple food groups.

One of my favorite breakfast!! It hits ALL the major food groups all in one glass!!! plus, alcohol kills almost everything especially a double shot!!! lol

• Like 5

On 10/21/2021 at 12:05 PM, Saint Greg said:

And the one that said it was weird was talking down on carnival as well. She went on Royal. She says royal is closer to Princess than carnival. She claims Johnny rockets wasn’t an additional charge when she went. Everything I’ve heard says that it was. “We’ll it wasn’t when I went.”

BWAHAHAHAHA

Confession...I've never been on Royal...but I've seen the adds and sailed on the other 2.

I guess she equates riding the elevator with people on scooters with a flow rider...and watching people bundled up on blankets napping in the sun on the pool deck, while a continuous loop of a crackling fire plays on the MUTS screen, to a rock climbing wall. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I didn’t trust my packing so I unpacked and repacked. All good. 

Spirit is sending texts and emails asking for people willing to switch flights which is weird. I just did online check in and there are like 32 empty seats. It looks like my row is full but the 4 rows in front of mine are totally empty. Of course there could be people who booked but didn’t pay for the pick your seat option. Surely if they’re looking to bump someone they won’t do it to someone who paid for a seat upgrade.

Good night.

• Like 5