Internet devices question

volk904

13 minutes ago, volk904 said:

My question is on how the RCCL internet works. If i buy a package for 1 device can I  switch that between my phone and Ipad using one at a time? I know have done this on another cruise line.

We get d+ 24 hour free for one device and when the other person logs in the first device drops off .you could have many devices just only one connectioned at a time 😇

Yes.

login.com and logout.com , this will redirect you to the RCCL portal page where you can login to your device and log your device out Even have the option to bump off someone who is currently logged in

You will use a login account YOU create to login into ship's wifi.

Very easy to use.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, slyster said:

Can i buy a package for 2 or 3 devices and share it with someone in another cabin (family member)? 

I've wandered passed the wifi desk on the first day and seen people grouping up with strangers to share the 4 device plan.😄

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RobInMN said:

I've wandered passed the wifi desk on the first day and seen people grouping up with strangers to share the 4 device plan.😄

I always do this -- I buy the 4-device plan in advance, then "sell off" the other three devices to people on the Roll Call... that way we all get the cheaper rate.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, brillohead said:

I always do this -- I buy the 4-device plan in advance, then "sell off" the other three devices to people on the Roll Call... that way we all get the cheaper rate.

Likewise. So much cheaper. It works great........until the teenage kids and the wife of the others don't "follow the rules".

We are Diamond.  They use to give a day or two free on one device.  Are they still offering that?  If not is it really cheaper to purchase a package before the cruise, or will they offer you a good price once you get on?

7 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

24hours continuous one device for each Diamond member. Or a discount on a package by the Diamond member, I’m going to say $25ish discount but that amount could be wrong. 

Thankyou!

7 hours ago, FireEMT978 said:

Likewise. So much cheaper. It works great........until the teenage kids and the wife of the others don't "follow the rules".

I'm VERY explicit about the need to log off before logging in with another device.  This is a savings for them, but they need to follow the rules or they're going to be getting bumped off themselves.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, judydoc said:

We are Diamond.  They use to give a day or two free on one device.  Are they still offering that?  If not is it really cheaper to purchase a package before the cruise, or will they offer you a good price once you get on?

Which way is cheaper depends on how much internet you need and what they're charging on board at the time of your cruise. Each of you as Diamond will get a 24-hour period for free, or the equivalent in money-off of a package purchase, on board.

If you only need to check emails once in a while, what some people do is they don't need it on the first day because they can use cell data plan until dinnertime.  Then they activate one freebie partway through the second (or third) day, and they can continue to use that for the first part of the third (or fourth) day until the 24 hours are up. 

Depending on port days (when they can get free wifi at a store/restaurant) or how much they need to use the wifi, they either take the fourth (or fifth) day off and then activate the second person's free 24 hours for the last half of the fifth (or sixth) day and continue to use that for the first half of the following day.

Alternately, if they need more than just another 24 hours of connectivity, they use the second person's coupon for money off the purchase of an unlimited wifi package for the remaining days.  

But all of this depends on what the on-board price is for internet at that time (it varies from one ship to another).  In many cases, even with the D discount, it's cheaper to just buy a wifi package in the Cruise Planner before sailing and not use the on-board coupon at all. 

You can ask someone on a recent Roll Call for your ship what the on-board price is when your cruise gets near, but in general the on-board price in the past has typically been at least 150% of the Cruise Planner price before the cruise.

On 10/20/2021 at 2:07 AM, brillohead said:

This cracks me up.  I can’t believe I never thought of that before.  Smart deal.

Thanks ya’ll!

• Like 2

On 10/19/2021 at 9:55 AM, Hogbay said:

We get d+ 24 hour free for one device and when the other person logs in the first device drops off .you could have many devices just only one connectioned at a time 😇

You both get 2 days as D+. Why doesn't the other person just sign up with their own D+ account? And it is only like $2.99 for the third day near the end of the cruise. . 

5 hours ago, Coralc said:

You both get 2 days as D+. Why doesn't the other person just sign up with their own D+ account? And it is only like $2.99 for the third day near the end of the cruise. . 

We do not see land for three days so we do midday to midday then same on return 7night to see a lsland better 10 +nights.🙂

• Thanks 1