Retroactive Shareholder Benefit - possible?

CenTexan

I've been waiting for 3 weeks for my Shareholder Benefit to process. My cruise is in 10 days.

Has anyone ever received their Shareholder Benefit AFTER the cruise?

Not sure what to do . . . have called and (especially useless) tried the LIVE CHAT option.

I’ve never heard about anyone getting it retroactively…have you called the shareholder benefit section?

(800) 872-6779 ext 30317

On the rare occasion when I’ve had a problem they were able to immediately correct it for me. It’s easier for them to locate a request by providing info such as date & time your request was emailed or faxed.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 3

Wow! That's the Princess service I remember!

The very friendly rep (was it "Alda?") looked for my original email, did not find it, then waited online while I emailed it again. Once she received it, she immediately posted the OBC.

She also used the same request and posted our OBC for our April 2022 TA cruise. 

Thank you for the suggestion and info, Astro Flyer. I'll keep that info in my permanent files! 

(I meant to ask about the "retroactive" bit, but forgot . . .)

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, CenTexan said:

The very friendly rep (was it "Alda?") looked for my original email, did not find it, then waited online while I emailed it again. Once she received it, she immediately posted the OBC.

Thank you for the suggestion and info, Astro Flyer. I'll keep that info in my permanent files! 

GREAT!!! 👍

That’s the type of wonderful service I’ve received whenever I need to contact the shareholders benefit section.

We request our SOBC to be in my wife’s name (joint ownership CCL shares) to balance with my military OBC however it goes to me because I’m listed first on the reservation. When using OBC to pre-purchase tours we want to have equal amounts to use without calling their busy 800-PRINCESS number to share our OBC. I’ve found it much easier to call the shareholder benefit number who quickly answers & within a minute has transferred my SOBC to my wife…great service! 😃

Since requiring tour’s pre-payment I’ve been able to get SOBC & MOBC for cruises years in advance which began when requiring tour’s pre-payment several years ago.

Edited by Astro Flyer

34 minutes ago, CenTexan said:

Yes they (Alda) is awesome.  Always helping us out!

Edited by GonzoWCS
Capitalization

42 minutes ago, CenTexan said:

I spoke to Alda yesterday, as well.  She is amazing, isn't she?  

And ... so very friendly!!  

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

I’ve never heard about anyone getting it retroactively…have you called the shareholder benefit section?

(800) 872-6779 ext 30317

On the rare occasion when I’ve had a problem they were able to immediately correct it for me. It’s easier for them to locate a request by providing info such as date & time your request was emailed or faxed.

Thanks!

I talked to the amazing Alda.  She couldn't find my fax from 7 days ago, so I emailed my info to her and it went into their junk folder.  She set up my November, March and 2023 cruises.

Turns out a couple of years ago they changed the timing for submitting shareholder info.  Before, you couldn't submit it until 90 days before sailing.  Now you can submit it anytime, which is causing delays.

Also, she said emailing is fine (except for my junk folder experience).  Thanks for the heads up about who to call!

4 hours ago, CenTexan said:

Thanks - will try that now.

The other option is to refax it in, with a cover letter indicating when your initial request was submitted.  I have had requests get lost, but created quickly when I submitted a second request after waiting a couple of weeks.

14 hours ago, CenTexan said:

Has anyone ever received their Shareholder Benefit AFTER the cruise?

Shareholder OBC is non-refundable OBC. Hard to give you something that is non-refundable after the cruise is over.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

(800) 872-6779 ext 30317

Just curious...  How were you ever able to locate that number and extension?  (I've never needed to call as my SHOBC request was always sent via snail mail.)

Edited by Daniel A

3 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Just curious...  How were you ever able to locate that number and extension?  (I've never needed to call as my SHOBC request was always sent via snail mail.)

I first learned about the Booking Support number from a post on this board but it’s also on the webpage for all CCL SOBC contacts. If you have issues with your snail mail submission you might be able to also get support from them. My calls to them have been mostly to transfer SOBC to my wife’s account.

https://www.carnivalcorporation.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

8C3F8380-15FD-43FC-9E6C-662F239DEAD1.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So we emailed our shareholders onboard credit form on Tuesday the 19th and so far nothing. So my husband called using the number you posted (by the way thanks) and the woman that he talked with said that they are extremely busy with all the request. Don’t know if we should just wait or send it in as a fax too.

6 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

I first learned about the Booking Support number from a post on this board but it’s also on the webpage for all CCL SOBC contacts. If you have issues with your snail mail submission you might be able to also get support from them. My calls to them have been mostly to transfer SOBC to my wife’s account.

https://www.carnivalcorporation.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

8C3F8380-15FD-43FC-9E6C-662F239DEAD1.jpeg

Thank you for that info.  I only mentioned snail mail as I've not experienced any difficulties when mailing it in.

• Like 1

I mailed my shareholders benefit form weeks ago. They couldn't find it. Then faxed and was denied because my name wasn't on my statement. So fixed it and faxed it again only to never hear back. So I finally got through to a helpful rep on the phone. Finally emailed it again, but was told to bring my paperwork on board since there's no guarantee it'll be processed before we sail this Saturday the 23rd on the Majestic.

Prior to the pandemic and the melt down of CCL stock I'd never had an issue, doing what I did this time.

On 10/21/2021 at 8:10 PM, RJGallagher1955 said:

I mailed my shareholders benefit form weeks ago. They couldn't find it. Then faxed and was denied because my name wasn't on my statement. So fixed it and faxed it again only to never hear back. So I finally got through to a helpful rep on the phone. Finally emailed it again, but was told to bring my paperwork on board since there's no guarantee it'll be processed before we sail this Saturday the 23rd on the Majestic.

They tried that one with me, too. Problem is...it IS on the statement. Sent it back a 2nd time and noted in the comment that the name is there. If I have to try for a 3rd time, I'll draw arrows all around the name.😂

On 10/21/2021 at 12:09 PM, Astro Flyer said:

it’s also on the webpage for all CCL SOBC contacts

This^^

Fact is that the Shareholder Benefit is offered by Carnival Corp rather than the individual cruise lines.

Long, long ago I applied for the Benefit on a HAL cruise.  Nothing happened as our sail date drew closer and closer.

Impatience finally won out and I called HAL in Seattle.  It was clear that dealing with the Shareholder Benefit was a nuisance for whomever I spoke to.  Nevertheless it was applied and I have had no further problems.

While CCL is the source of the benefit, the individual cruise lines take the applications and apply the benefit.  I think that is why so many think it is a Princess or HAL or Carnival program.

On 10/20/2021 at 12:31 PM, Astro Flyer said:

(800) 872-6779 ext 30317

Thank you so much for posting this number.  My SOBC was in my account and then disappeared. I tried the Live Chat but the representative couldn't figure it out.  Once I found this number and called, Barbara quickly reinstated the credit.  You just saved me so much angst!!!