Q about bringing soft drinks onto the Koningsdam

Lorabelle

It seems there is conflicting information as to whether soft drinks are still allowed to be brought on board at embarkation.  Has anyone who has recently sailed the Koningsdam taken soft drinks in cans onboard the ship?  I would like to bring a few, but don't want to go through the hassle if they are going to be denied.  

You can certainly bring soft drinks on board - there is a limit.  Cans or cartons are acceptable.  A screen shot of the applicable portion of the “Know Before You Go” is below for you.

6785A8BC-8FEC-40F3-B933-BDEF38DC5B52.thumb.png.b2fb1f1d579dc6a1c539c1fc291a123d.png

6 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

If you read what @kazu posted, you will see that soft drinks are NOT allowed to be brought onboard in any form. Water in cans or cartons - up to 6 liters - is allowed.

Oops I had typo. My not didn’t get in there.  😱  Thanks for the catching that. 

• 3 weeks later...

I just thought I would update this for anyone interested.  This is just my experience, and I'm not really wanting to debate whether bringing soft drinks onboard is right or wrong.

We saw a gentleman ahead of us in line take a 12 pack of Coke onboard with no issue whatsoever.  He hand carried it, put it through the xray machine, and carried it onto the ship.  

We brought a few cans of soda in our tote bag that we had leftover from our hotel stay in San Diego, figuring it was fine if they took them.  But, the tote was x-rayed, nothing was said, no one asked to see inside our tote and we were on our merry way.  

Of course, this is the Koningsdam on that particular sailing.  YMMV. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lorabelle said:

I just thought I would update this for anyone interested.  This is just my experience, and I'm not really wanting to debate whether bringing soft drinks onboard is right or wrong.

We saw a gentleman ahead of us in line take a 12 pack of Coke onboard with no issue whatsoever.  He hand carried it, put it through the xray machine, and carried it onto the ship.  

We brought a few cans of soda in our tote bag that we had leftover from our hotel stay in San Diego, figuring it was fine if they took them.  But, the tote was x-rayed, nothing was said, no one asked to see inside our tote and we were on our merry way.  

Of course, this is the Koningsdam on that particular sailing.  YMMV. 

Lorabelle,

Thanks for sharing.  It is confusing as the contract differs from what is online.

1 hour ago, CaliforniaAC said:

Has anyone tried to bring on water? We usually bring on two one gallon plastic jugs. I just drink a lot of water.

Thanks!

Filled plastic beverage containers are not permitted.  Metal cans of water are OK. Just bring an empty bottle (plastic is OK) and fill it from the tap. 

I got on the ship on Sunday and as a test I took a 500 ml water plastic water bottle on.  I just wanted to repeat what another poster did on a ship in Europe to see what would happen.  I was prepared to lose it.  No one batted an eyelash.  Will it be like that n the future?  Impossible to say.

1 hour ago, Crew News said:

Filled plastic beverage containers are not permitted.  Metal cans of water are OK. Just bring an empty bottle (plastic is OK) and fill it from the tap. 

Thank you. Yes, planning on bringing a Takena with me. I can see the looks on the fellow passengers faces when I am filling my one gallon jug at the water station in the Lido Buffet... especially the ones behind me holding their empty glasses   🤣

We brought water onboard, but we purchased it in the cartons that are specified as acceptable.  (Brand was Flow Alkaline Water)  It was in the tote with the cans of soda.  We didn't bring on any plastic, because it was specifically outlawed even before they disallowed bringing on soft drinks, so we didn't want for that to create a problem. 

We did bring our empty stainless water flasks as well, and they could easily be filled with water and ice from the Lido if you wanted.  Water there tasted good.