Complimentary Gift with Gold Status

doconner

I’m on my first MSC cruise at the moment (MSC Seaside) and prior to the cruise we were status matched up to Gold Status. 

The status benefits mention at ‘complimentary gift’ and I guess I expected something to have been delivered to our cabin at some point during the week, but it hasn’t. 

I’m wondering what these gifts tend to be with MSC, and if I should I have expected it in my cabin before the last day, or is it likely to arrive today. 

I don’t want to go look like a fool at guest services asking ‘where’s my free gift?’ if it’s just going to be a branded ink pen or something that is likely to be deliver on the last day anyway. 

thanks

I remember it came at the end of the cruise with one of the last room services. But it was so low value I already forget. You can go the MSC shop on board and see what is the cheapest MSC souvenier and than you will probably get 🙂

As I said, I don´t remember what it was, but I remember that it was 2 or 3 € in the gift shop.

It’s the Cruise Consultant who is responsible for the distribution of the gifts.  You could always go to the desk to enquire (when it’s open - it’s also where you book future cruises). 

The most common gift has been a tote bag.  We have several and use them as shoe bags when packing.  I throw one into hand luggage as they’re handy as an extra, light, backpack.  Also when going ashore, to carry water, etc. 

We’ve also received pens, caps, a notepad and, once, on a Lirica-class ship, we got a fabulous book on the ‘Renaissance’ project (all about the stretching of the ships, with some great photos). 

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 3

On my first cruise with MSC last week (Divina), we had a letter in the cabin detailing what each level receives, and stating that it was subject to availability.

When nothing appeared in the cabin, we went to see the club representative who explained that the gifts had not been delivered to the ship before the cruise, so there were none to be given out.

We had to ask for the status pins too, which they did have in stock.

4 hours ago, phissy said:

Never did receive our chocolate ship.

☹️     But, on the other hand, considering that you would have received it on the last night of your cruise and that you live in Seattle, how would you get it home? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

☹️     But, on the other hand, considering that you would have received it on the last night of your cruise and that you live in Seattle, how would you get it home? 

We spent a week in Barcelona after. So, it would have been enjoyed . I am assuming that they are made of quality chocolate. Currently, this may not be the case. 🙄

• Like 1

It varies as does the service provided by that group.  We had a Mera with two Diamonds and a gold.  Got three totes, two hats, two ships, and a note for dinner.  Next was Divinia and had two ships and note for dinner nothing else.  Ships delivered with knock on door while dnd sign out.  Both were last month.

Now we know why nothing on Divinia.  Seemed to be not stocked well overall.

The chocolate ship is for black members; at least it should be and was on our September Mera cruise.  The ships are the same kind sold on our cruise in the Jean Phillipe Chocolate Shop.  The have milk and dark chocolate, not sure about white though.  For us, as gold, we received two black drawstring type lightweight backpacks that say MSC on them.  

Edited by CampNCruise74

22 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

The OP was talking about Gold Status award.  Isn't the ship only for Black/Platinum?  We never got it when we were Gold.  Just curious.

2 minutes ago, JAGR said:

The OP was talking about Gold Status award.  Isn't the ship only for Black/Platinum?  We never got it when we were Gold.  Just curious.

I have a Black Card and was in YC.  The ship appeared on the night before return to Miami.  

7 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I have a Black Card and was in YC.  The ship appeared on the night before return to Miami.  

Right.  That's how it's been for Black since I've been there.  I was referring to the OP's question on Gold, and I never got a ship at that level.  I understand YC club has nothing to do with it  You can sail Bella as Black and still get a ship.

Edited by JAGR
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, capriccio said:

That's what we (with Diamond status) received on the Meraviglia in January 2020.

I am still not totally clear about the loyalty status levels are on MSC nor the "rewards" for being at what level.  On this same cruise, as a YC guest, and with a Black Card (is this Diamond status?), I don't recall getting any gifts other than cookies, fruit, the chocolate ship.  Certainly did not get a backpack; maybe a tote?  (If I did, is it still packed in a piece of luggage?)