Cruising back to back

The longest I have done is a month.  When we do b2b, etc, I bring a small plastic bottle of woolite and wash bathing suits, bras, quick drying tops in bathroom sink then hang dry on clothes line in shower or hang bathing suits and blouses/tops on back of chairs on port chairs on balcony.  Then I use their laundry service and stuff as much as possible into their laundry bag, bring scotch tape to close bag shut.  Dont mix darks with whites as they usually put everything in the bag into same washer.    Or after done your check in process with b2b group take a small suitcase full of laundry and go to a laundry mat.  I have done this at Fll port by taking uber to closest laundromat then walking to store for more wine to take back onboard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruiserLH5758 said:

We will be cruising back to back for 6 weeks straight on the Oasis of the seas any tips on packing and getting laundry done.

If you are asking to save money on laundry research your ports to see who has a laundromat near the port and do it that way. Going off in Miami is silly (sorry) as the cost and time and inconvenience would be crazy.

1 minute ago, RoyalC said:

If you are asking to save money on laundry research your ports to see who has a laundromat near the port and do it that way. Going off in Miami is silly (sorry) as the cost and time and inconvenience would be crazy.

Where would it NOT be inconvenient and expensive?

On an island

3 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Where would it NOT be inconvenient and expensive?

Well, let's see- in Miami you get a taxi or Uber or whatever. Nothing is close to port- two rides total (each way) plus laundry cost and time expense. I said look in port as some in my experience do have laundry nearby. That is much cheaper and more convenient and takes much less time. It is obvious the OP does not want to do laundry with RCI due to expense. Everyone knows they do laundry otherwise Op would not ask. 

18 minutes ago, RoyalC said:

On an island

Well, let's see- in Miami you get a taxi or Uber or whatever. Nothing is close to port- two rides total (each way) plus laundry cost and time expense. I said look in port as some in my experience do have laundry nearby. That is much cheaper and more convenient and takes much less time. It is obvious the OP does not want to do laundry with RCI due to expense. Everyone knows they do laundry otherwise Op would not ask. 

You didn't answer my question. Which port do you suggest, then?

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I bring a small plastic bottle of woolite and wash bathing suits, bras, quick drying tops in bathroom sink then hang dry on clothes line in shower or hang bathing suits and blouses/tops on back of chairs on port chairs on balcony.

I like to use strong magnetic hooks to hang damp laundry from the ceiling in the room. 

I hang anything that is dripping in the shower, but once things stop dripping, I hang them in the room, because there's no ventilation in the bathroom.  I have a small (4") fan that I put on the desk to circulate air, and things dry quickly with the air moving.  I put shirts and swimsuits on a hanger, and other items I use a pants/skirt hanger with spring-clips to hang things without creasing.

Another hack is to put a towel on the floor, then put a wet item on the towel, then roll the towel up and walk on it -- it forces the water out of the clothing and into the towel, without wringing it out and causing wrinkles or stretching the fabric.  Then hang on hanger as above.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoyalC said:

You want me to list all the ports when I do not know where the OP is docking at in the six weeks of cruising? Stop trolling...

That was unnecessarily unpleasant.  You told the OP not to do laundry in Miami because of the inconvenience and expense.  I don't understand why you think it would be any better in a port of call. 

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

I like to use strong magnetic hooks to hang damp laundry from the ceiling in the room. 

I hang anything that is dripping in the shower, but once things stop dripping, I hang them in the room, because there's no ventilation in the bathroom.  I have a small (4") fan that I put on the desk to circulate air, and things dry quickly with the air moving.  I put shirts and swimsuits on a hanger, and other items I use a pants/skirt hanger with spring-clips to hang things without creasing.

Another hack is to put a towel on the floor, then put a wet item on the towel, then roll the towel up and walk on it -- it forces the water out of the clothing and into the towel, without wringing it out and causing wrinkles or stretching the fabric.  Then hang on hanger as above.

I also have used the magnetic hooks to hang stuff.  I have rolled up items in a towel but never never thought about walking on it, that is a good idea.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I don't understand why you think it would be any better in a port of call. 

We once had a pleasant walk in Halifax to a laundry with free wifi - probably cheaper, easier and more convenient than Miami, though granted not many itineraries include Miami and Halifax.

Biker, who has cut back on TAs and need to do laundry (above the free laundry D+ and up perk).

Edited by Biker19

10 hours ago, RoyalC said:

So you are saying it is cheaper and easier to get off at cozumel or costa maya or st maarten and find a laundromat then going to one in miami.     Oasis sails a eastern and western caribbean itinerary.  

???

14 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Miami has everything you need. Head into town between some cruises, buy whatever you need. (Clothing, toothpaste, handcuffs, etc…) 

If you politely sniff around the excursion or front desk the morning of a port call there is often a low priced crew or bus/train shuttle.  A hand made sign may appear.  In the case of some ports,  an actual city bus route may be nearby.   In Orlando there is regularly a crew shuttle van to the nearest mall.  

Edited by ew101

2 hours ago, ew101 said:

If you politely sniff around the excursion or front desk the morning of a port call there is often a low priced crew or bus/train shuttle.  A hand made sign may appear.  In the case of some ports,  an actual city bus route may be nearby.   In Orlando there is regularly a crew shuttle van to the nearest mall.  

Miami - Bus came to the old piers, I haven't checked the new terminal, yet.

2 hours ago, ew101 said:

This is on-topic.  Right now there is a serious sale on four day RCCL trips out of Orlando.  How hard is it these days to add on a three-day?  With the testing is it even possible?  

B2B cruises are fine  They test you on board 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ew101 said:

OMG! You must delete the shuttle van to the nearest mall!!!! LOL, now we have somewhere to go when we dock in Orlando. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ew101 said:

This is on-topic.  Right now there is a serious sale on four day RCCL trips out of Orlando.  How hard is it these days to add on a three-day?  With the testing is it even possible?  

b2b's are easy - they will provide you with a free covid test onboard on the last day of first sailing.

Miami has a free trolley from the port to downtown.

We use it many times when doing b2b's.  The Coral Way trolley stops every 15 to 20 minutes, Monday thru Saturday 6:30a.m. to 8p.m.

You can google to find many coin operated Laundries in MIA; nearest one to port is at 840 SW 8th Street: Miami Brickell Cleaners and Coin Laundry.  

• Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 10:55 AM, ew101 said:

I was under the impression that (for now) crew were not permitted to leave the ship.  

M

OP - I would  recommend you pack for 2 weeks, with mix and match items.  Delicate items can be hand  washed.  For  heartier items you can take advantage of the on board  wash and fold special and for other items  the regular on board laundry services or dry cleaning.   We sail mostly B2B and I pack for one week ( or less).    

We recently met a couple  on board for 3 months.    They used a local (Port Canaveral)  hotel as home base for their car, to receive packages and every so often left the ship on turnaround day  to uber to the hotel.  There they did self serve laundry, changed out some clothes, picked up anything they needed  and returned to the ship. 

Enjoy your time on board. 

M