Carnival sold me Bermuda but is giving me Freeport

Ilovesailaway

6 minutes ago, WKUTopperFan said:

I should have done some research before I posted last night... but it was late and I was mad. Last month Bermuda  eased their cruise ship Covid entry requirements.  The exact particulars are available on a government website. In brief, unvaccinated children under 11 are allowed to get off the ship if they sail with a vaccinated parent. Testing requirements are similar to Carnival's requirements for boarding if Bermuda is first port of call. If Bermuda is not first port of call, additional onboard testing is required.  Prior to sailing, an entry authorization must be applied for and costs $40  per person.

Carnival needs to share this with it's Guests. The summer Bermuda cruising season is kicking off very soon. 

Exactly..that makes it more confusing as to why they picked on one week in 2023 to reroute a bermuda port of call..

And I did call and was not given an answer as to what happened.

1 hour ago, csoud68 said:

Exactly..that makes it more confusing as to why they picked on one week in 2023 to reroute a bermuda port of call..

And I did call and was not given an answer as to what happened.

I doubt that the information was shared with the customer service folks. If they are only doing one week in 2023 then I would suppose there is a specific non-COVID reason (dock maintenance/availability, or even something related to the ship, although that seems less likely). 

40 minutes ago, nycmedic said:

We are booked for June 16 out on NY.  Our ship is not even listed on the Bermuda website form.

it is toooo early for June. Check back next month. by the middle of may that cruise will be listed 

Not to hijack this thread, but please tell me more about Bermuda!  You all seem to love it so much, and I’ve never even seen it on an itinerary before!  I feel like I’m missing out.  What’s not to miss in Bermuda? 

12 minutes ago, elmojessi said:

Not to hijack this thread, but please tell me more about Bermuda!  You all seem to love it so much, and I’ve never even seen it on an itinerary before!  I feel like I’m missing out.  What’s not to miss in Bermuda? 

Check out the Bermuda Ports of Call board here on CC.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/118-bermuda/

On 4/21/2022 at 12:02 PM, shof515 said:

Cruise ships been docking at bermuda for about a year. i went on two bermuda cruises last year with NCL.

Bermuda requires everyone to pay a fee and upload test results and vaccination information. More information on their website:

https://www.gov.bm/applying-bermuda-travel-authorisation

I am wondering.....now that NCL allows unvaccinated children to sail....will the ships be able to go to Bermuda?

6 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I am wondering.....now that NCL allows unvaccinated children to sail....will the ships be able to go to Bermuda?

I previously posted information regarding the most up to date regulations regarding cruise ship entry requirements from the government of Bermuda. I also posted a link to the government's host site. Your answer can be found there.

On another similar thread here, a cruiser that is to sail on RC Enchantment May 5 to Bermuda has heard nothing from RC, and only found about this regulation here. I would think the cruise lines would inform passengers so they can take the excursions. Talked to TA today, who said Bermuda govt is very difficult. Carnival is cancelling (alternate destinations) Bermuda 2023 cruises over situation.

1 hour ago, joyandjerry said:

On another similar thread here, a cruiser that is to sail on RC Enchantment May 5 to Bermuda has heard nothing from RC, and only found about this regulation here. I would think the cruise lines would inform passengers so they can take the excursions. Talked to TA today, who said Bermuda govt is very difficult. Carnival is cancelling (alternate destinations) Bermuda 2023 cruises over situation.

Bermuda sort of wants the cruise tourism dollars, but they don't need it. I seem to recall they're even quite choosy when it comes to allowing people to move  to their island.

Tom

We ended up swapping our May 22nd cruise to Horizon. With it being the first Carnival ship out there we were just afraid of the unknown, and paying more for something we could get cheaper elsewhere lol. So hopefully we can rebook a Bermuda cruise in the future, be nice if we could get one out of Florida and not have to fly for it.

1 hour ago, Ellusionz said:

We ended up swapping our May 22nd cruise to Horizon. With it being the first Carnival ship out there we were just afraid of the unknown, and paying more for something we could get cheaper elsewhere lol. So hopefully we can rebook a Bermuda cruise in the future, be nice if we could get one out of Florida and not have to fly for it.

Carnival allowed you to change sailings because you were booked on a Bermuda itinerary? Had they changed your itinerary? Please explain.  I absolutely don't want to get stuck going to Nassau and Freeport when I paid for days in Bermuda. 

On 4/23/2022 at 8:54 PM, WKUTopperFan said:

Carnival allowed you to change sailings because you were booked on a Bermuda itinerary? Had they changed your itinerary? Please explain.  I absolutely don't want to get stuck going to Nassau and Freeport when I paid for days in Bermuda. 

There was no fees to change bookings a couple months ago. Dunno if that still applies, especially with it being past final payment. Itinary didn't change yet that I know of, we just decided not to take the chance since most of our party lives in Florida and can't see the point of paying to fly elsewhere with prolly a good 50/50 chance of it changing to a trip we could do local for much cheaper lol

Edited by Ellusionz