Celebrity “Go Green”

long time lurker

We are sailing next week on the Equinox and just received an email regarding the Go Green program.  I had seen earlier threads regarding this.  If the only change is that the 2nd service is still received but more of a “straightening up” than a full cleaning I am fine with it.  I do still want twice daily service as it is nice to have fresh towels if needed and a turned down bed (with chocolate of course 😃).  Has anyone done this and what did you think?  TIA

26 minutes ago, long time lurker said:

We are sailing next week on the Equinox and just received an email regarding the Go Green program.  I had seen earlier threads regarding this.  If the only change is that the 2nd service is still received but more of a “straightening up” than a full cleaning I am fine with it.  I do still want twice daily service as it is nice to have fresh towels if needed and a turned down bed (with chocolate of course 😃).  Has anyone done this and what did you think?  TIA

We will always prefer the traditional twice a day stateroom service. We never participated in the save the waves program either. 

• Like 2

I asked the same question "has anyone done this and what did you think" in one of those previous threads and got a lot of the same comments about what people pay for or prefer.  Seems no one with real experience answers the question, but everyone else jumps in no matter how direct you ask it.

I'm sailing tomorrow and signed up for the program so I'll post something about what exactly I get and I hope it will be in time for you to make a decision about signing up for it or not.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

I signed up for it before our last cruise 9/30. I didn’t notice any difference. We had turndown service in the evening with chocolates on the pillow. Towels on the floor were changed, but we do participate in the save the waves program so we definitely use our towels more than once just like at home! Extra points were automatically given at the end of the cruise. 

We used it as well on Millennium to Alaska.  The only difference I noticed was no towel animals.  Still got the chocolates, towels on the floor were replaced, etc.  I was wondering why I got 5 extra points for that cruise... now I remember why!

We're only on a 3 night trip starting today, but we're in a Celebrity Suite we booked on the double points special so we should get 36 pts for the normal rate, another 36 for the promo and another 12 for Go Green. Ends up being 84 total for 3 nights. Not bad in my opinion. Like Alakegirl said, depends upon the room and I'd add length of trip.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

We're only on a 3 night trip starting today, but we're in a Celebrity Suite we booked on the double points special so we should get 36 pts for the normal rate, another 36 for the promo and another 12 for Go Green. Ends up being 84 total for 3 nights. Not bad in my opinion. Like Alakegirl said, depends upon the room and I'd add length of trip.

Enjoy!

We're on board and have met with both our retreat host and cabin attendant. I mentioned I had signed up for go green and they were happy to hear it and said they would talk with captain's club to make sure we got the extra points. I asked what the difference in service was and their response was "not much really". She will still come in each evening to tidy up, take any towels on the floor, provide turned down service and chocolates. The main vacuuming or other cleaning services will be done each morning. I'll post again in a couple days and comment about any differences we may notice. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We stepped off the Summit today and as promised here is an update as to our experience for the "Go Green" program.

While it was only a really short three night trip I tired to do some things differently on those nights so we could see the differences between this program and typical housekeeping service.

First the morning service was the same as always, noting to discuss there.

At night our wastebaskets were emptied every night, glasses we left out on the table or other places were replaced with fresh ones and our butler filled our ice bucket as we had requested (ice wouldn't be part of "Go Green" but I'd guess the glasses could have been), our bed was turned down every night, sometimes we hadn't touched it, one day we took a nap and it was completely unmade.  We received chocolates each night.  All the papers on our desk and table were straightened and the new daily or other invites or letters were neatly placed.

As for the bathroom.... If a towel was hanging on a hook it was left there, if one was on the floor it was replaced.  One night I folded one up very neatly and placed it over the bathtub, it was removed and a fresh one placed on the shelf (the one on the hook was left alone, and no replacement was left), a different night I hung two towels on hooks, but folded the bathmat in a square and placed it over the tub, towels were again left, no replacements, but the mat was folded nicer and left there (I don't know if it was replaced or not). Hand towels we used were replaced no matter how nicely we folded them,  bar soap was left in the soap dish for the entire trip as I think is normal now.  Each morning the shampoo, conditioner, and body wash bottles were placed in a tray in the tub/shower, at night they were left where we placed them after using them.  

Honestly in our experience I couldn't tell the difference in the service level.  It could have been that this was a very short trip with only 379 guests and we were in a Celebrity Suite so we have have received a little extra service for both of those reasons, but I plan to sign up for this again on our March trip so we'll see if things are similar then.

Hope this helps everyone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4