How long on hold for EMed Binax test?

BURNS1

What has everyone’s experience been with this test? It’s going to be my only option for my cruise in December (flying back from a wedding in Puerto Rico the evening before), but it feels like I’ve read a lot of comments saying they had defective tests

I got in almost immediately, though I did do it at maybe 11pm at night EST.  However, you should be aware that there is a chance you might get a inconclusive result, which happened to me.  Fortunately for me, I had an appointment set up as a backup, otherwise, I would have been screwed.

6 hours ago, hotsauce126 said:

What has everyone’s experience been with this test? It’s going to be my only option for my cruise in December (flying back from a wedding in Puerto Rico the evening before), but it feels like I’ve read a lot of comments saying they had defective tests

I’ve read one defective test and one person dropped their test. I purchased 3 with the intent to use 2. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kjenaz said:

Please be aware that people are across multiple time zones.  I did mine late at night on the East Coast and got immediate answer.

Has anyone done an early morning test (e.g. after midnight) East Coast time?  What was the wait?  

1 hour ago, SherriZ366 said:

Has anyone done an early morning test (e.g. after midnight) East Coast time?  What was the wait?  

My husband and I did it right after midnight east coast and had no wait at all.   The whole process took less than 20 min.

12 minutes ago, dancersp119 said:

We are cruising on a Sunday and live on the east coast...If we call right after midnight so it's wicked early Friday am should all be good???

The eMed Lab Report timestamps your test time in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), which may not be your local time zone. You may search online to find the corresponding UTC to your local time zone if you would like to verify the local time on your eMed Lab Report.

For your convenience, we are providing you the continental U.S. time zones and their corresponding UTC. We are currently in Daylight Savings Time in parts of the U.S., therefore:

• the Easter Daylight Time (EDT) corresponding to Coordinated Universal Time is minus four hours (-04:00);
  • the Central Daylight Time (CDT) corresponding to Coordinated Universal Time is minus five hours (-05:00);
  • the Mountain Daylight Time (MDT) corresponding to Coordinated Universal Time is minus six hours (-06:00);
  • the Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) corresponding to Coordinated Universal Time is minus seven hours (-07:00).

• Like 1

I've done these a few times and never had more than 15 minutes wait.

On a side note, I've only done these by myself but will be traveling with a companion in November and we will both be doing it.  For those that have had multiple people, do you do it one at a time or can 2 people do it on 1 call?

Based on the UTC time being 4 or 5 hours ahead of east coast time, it looks like you could test on Thursday night for a Sunday cruise out of the east coast.  Am I getting that wrong?  Anyone done that?

Our flight to San Juan is at 6am on Friday 19 nov for a cruise on Sunday 21 nov.  Would be great if we could test around 10pm on the 18th so we get a result and a little sleep before traveling.

2 hours ago, dad son team said:

On a side note, I've only done these by myself but will be traveling with a companion in November and we will both be doing it.  For those that have had multiple people, do you do it one at a time or can 2 people do it on 1 call?

Each person has to have their own account set up in Navica.  You will need to completely log out and then the next person logs on and waits their turn for another proctor.

11 hours ago, bajathree said:

The eMed Lab Report timestamps your test time in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), which may not be your local time zone. You may search online to find the corresponding UTC to your local time zone if you would like to verify the local time on your eMed Lab Report.

For your convenience, we are providing you the continental U.S. time zones and their corresponding UTC. We are currently in Daylight Savings Time in parts of the U.S., therefore:

• the Easter Daylight Time (EDT) corresponding to Coordinated Universal Time is minus four hours (-04:00);
  • the Central Daylight Time (CDT) corresponding to Coordinated Universal Time is minus five hours (-05:00);
  • the Mountain Daylight Time (MDT) corresponding to Coordinated Universal Time is minus six hours (-06:00);
  • the Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) corresponding to Coordinated Universal Time is minus seven hours (-07:00).

9 hours ago, dianajo67 said:

Based on the UTC time being 4 or 5 hours ahead of east coast time, it looks like you could test on Thursday night for a Sunday cruise out of the east coast.  Am I getting that wrong?  Anyone done that?

Our flight to San Juan is at 6am on Friday 19 nov for a cruise on Sunday 21 nov.  Would be great if we could test around 10pm on the 18th so we get a result and a little sleep before traveling.

Here’s my experience to help others. It’s Tuesday 10/26 evening EST and past midnight 10/27 UTC. We cruise Friday 10/29.

The email results have UTC 10/27. The app results have our local info which is 10/26.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, bgoff60 said:

Is it best to do the appointment and test with a smart phone or a PC / laptop with camera?

I used my laptop. You have to let the test be in view the whole time. Was easy on a laptop (desktop with webcam probably even easier). Not sure how I would get my phone at the right angle even with a stand or holder, although apparently a bunch manage.

We cruise Friday (YAY!!!).  Did our tests at home today (using cell phones) at approximately 1:00PM Eastern time.  Waited about 10 seconds to be connected.  It was extremely easy and we just propped our phone against a stack of books.  From start to finish about 20 minutes.