Voom Surf & Stream 1 device per person vs. 2 devices for one person

Hi All,

I'm sure there's a thread about this somewhere, however I could not find it. Can anyone tell me what the difference in ordering the Surf & Stream Internet

1. One device per person

2. Two devices for one person, and share the 2nd with your spouse (less expensive)

Thanks!

Two people can share a one device internet package but can't have two devices online at the same time like one can do with the two devices package. 

All one has to do is log off of one device before logging on with the other person's device. 

10 minutes ago, TennisCruiser62 said:

Can anyone tell me what the difference in ordering the Surf & Stream Internet

Nothing, other than the two single device price will likely be higher and two separate logins.

Edited by Biker19

1 hour ago, beachnag said:

What is the best device to use on the ship,  I pad, computer  ?? phone

Any and all work well.  Just depends what you're trying to do -- use what you prefer.  (I take my Chromebook and my phone, and just log off one and log on the other.)

45 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Any and all work well.  Just depends what you're trying to do -- use what you prefer.  (I take my Chromebook and my phone, and just log off one and log on the other.)

Have you tried logging into the phone and then using that as a hotspot for the Chromebook? 

1 hour ago, optimusprime82 said:

Have you tried logging into the phone and then using that as a hotspot for the Chromebook? 

That's not how hotspotting works.  

When you hotspot with your phone, you're sharing its mobile data internet connection.  Hotspotting when on WiFi isn't an option.

3 hours ago, beachnag said:

What is the best device to use on the ship,  I pad, computer  ?? phone

We had two connections available last week on Mariner (based on the drinks/zoom package).  My wife kept one all the time and I used mine for my phone or computer as necessary.  I do work almost every day and needed both devices at different times.  Both worked fine but there were periods of low signal and my iPhone 12Pro tended to drop the connection a lot.

I am trying to decide how to do it next trip...same cruise basically; different ship.

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

That's not how hotspotting works.  

When you hotspot with your phone, you're sharing its mobile data internet connection.  Hotspotting when on WiFi isn't an option.

We did this on the Odyssey recently from my phone to my iPad and it worked fine.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Tough as Leather said:

Many thanks. I just saved even more $$$... my friend said he won't be needing it. 😄

Then get a one device package and share it in case they change their mind. For most uses, the Surf tier is enough.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2022 at 8:58 PM, tborntreger said:

Just to confirm and be sure, if I buy the 4 device voom and stream, each of the four of us can have a device on the wifi at the same time? 

From what I've read here and on RCCL blog, the answer is no. 

If you buy 4 device access in one persons name you can access the internet on any of the devices but only ONE at a time. 

If you buy 1 device in each of 4 peoples names, all 4 people can be online at the same time. 

Of course the second option is about 50% more expensive.

1 hour ago, ianj said:

From what I've read here and on RCCL blog, the answer is no. 

If you buy 4 device access in one persons name you can access the internet on any of the devices but only ONE at a time. 

If you buy 1 device in each of 4 peoples names, all 4 people can be online at the same time. 

Of course the second option is about 50% more expensive.

We have always purchased the 4 device package and we all use it with no problems.  We can all log in at the same time as we all have the same login.  Never had to log off to let someone else log on.  Only the 1 device package requires you to log off so someone else can log on.  Why would they have a "4 device package" if you couldn't use 4 devices at once!!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, RNCindy said:

We have always purchased the 4 device package and we all use it with no problems.  We can all log in at the same time as we all have the same login.  Never had to log off to let someone else log on.  Only the 1 device package requires you to log off so someone else can log on.  Why would they have a "4 device package" if you couldn't use 4 devices at once!!

Can confirm the same.  Bought one 4 device package for our family of four.  We could each use one device at a time.

• Like 2