Booking/Reserving shows on Oasis. Is Oasis accepting entertainment reservations?

swdke

Are reservations being taken for shows on the Oasis?  I just booked last night for a November sailing, switching from the Jewel to the Oasis.  My switched reservation looks good on the App and website, but not able to pick shows. Website says to check back later or book on board.  Wondering if something is not yet complete in the ship switch on my booking preventing me from booking shows, or if shows are already closed out, or maybe reservations are not being accepted due to Covid restrictions?  What am I missing?  Appreciate your help and information.  Thank you.

59 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The various threads which keep repeating the answer to this issue- shows can only be booked on board. 

But has RCI provided a reason for the change? It would be much easier to take care of this ahead of time.

1 hour ago, handbellplayer said:

So if I have booked UDP,  I will have to make both dining and entertainment reservations on board....  Wow- That will make for an extremely stressful first day on board!

Get an early boarding time

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

But has RCI provided a reason for the change? It would be much easier to take care of this ahead of time.

It takes five minutes. Get yourself a drink, relax, and make your reservation. How much stress is there?

4 hours ago, mets123 said:

It takes five minutes. Get yourself a drink, relax, and make your reservation. How much stress is there?

Depends how early you manage to get on the ship. I know one thing, there was no stress when I was able to do it at home. Scheduling  entertainment around other things we wanted to do took a bit of thought and time. And, I don't see any good reason for the change.

39 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Depends how early you manage to get on the ship. I know one thing, there was no stress when I was able to do it at home. Scheduling  entertainment around other things we wanted to do took a bit of thought and time. And, I don't see any good reason for the change.

You probably don't see the benefits of restricting online access to the C&A gifts either😉🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

This. Exactly.

33 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You probably don't see the benefits of restricting online access to the C&A gifts either😉🤣🤣

Personally,  I love waiting on hold to speak to an ill trained agent to try to get gift  they they can't pronounce. 

First they have to read a script then check my sail date, reservation # , birth date, C&A number, mailing address and email.  Then they want to  discuss the welcome beverages which I have no intention of changing.   I tell them what I want to change and they tell me they will check to see of it is a valid selection for my C&A category.   Then the dreaded, " CAN I PUT YOU ON A BRIEF HOLD?"   Sometimes that is the last I hear of the agent and have to start all over again.  Of course now my  account is still open and they have to do some magic to close it, open it and start over.   

I hopefully get it changed and then have to hear more script.  

Changing it on-line took  90 seconds, if that . 

M

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blauelini said:

I heard there is a kiosk on deck 5 of Symphony OTS you can walk up to and book shows. I'm on her in November. Does anyone know exactly where this is located? I want to beeline to it as soon as a board.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. I don't want to have to beeline it any where when I board at the start of my vacation. I want to gave it done. As it is it takes me a bit of time to transition from the stresses of every day life.

31 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

This is exactly what I'm talking about. I don't want to have to beeline it any where when I board at the start of my vacation. I want to gave it done. As it is it takes me a bit of time to transition from the stresses of every day life.

If you don't want this stress, don't go on a cruise. See, it took five seconds and your stress is gone forever.