Booking Confirmation

SummerXU

Booked my first RCCL cruise last week. (YAY!) The only confirmation I received was a very generic, all-text email saying they had received a $XXX deposit towards booking number XXXXXX. It didn’t list my cabin number, balance due, itinerary or anything. 

I’ve since created an account and downloaded the app. I’m able to see my cabin number and itinerary (although no times are listed) but I’ve looked everywhere for an itemized breakdown of my deposit, balance, cruise fare, taxes, etc. and can’t find anything. What am I missing?! This info has to be somewhere!

Did you book directly with RCI ?....I always get a detailed booking confirmation emailed to me almost instantly and then print out the hard copy and move the emailed one to my travel folder.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Did you book directly with RCI ?....I always get a detailed booking confirmation emailed to me almost instantly and then print out the hard copy and move the emailed one to my travel folder.

Yes, directly on the website which is why I’m so surprised I didn’t receive a detailed confirmation. I expected something with pretty graphics and logos and all the details. 

22 minutes ago, SummerXU said:

Yes, directly on the website which is why I’m so surprised I didn’t receive a detailed confirmation. I expected something with pretty graphics and logos and all the details. 

And so you should have....If you don't receive it soon call RCI directly....best of luck.

Look (hard) for any attachments.  I had to search my email to find it, but alas it was there.   It was a real tiny paper clip on the top right and at the VERY bottom there was a link too.  This was on gmail.

• Like 2

I believe currently RC won’t send confirmation invoices when making an initial booking unless you ask for one, because the pricing of cruises are extremely volatile.  I feel RC don’t want you to easily know for sure what price you booked the cruise at.  This is based on my experience booking 5 cruises with them over the last few months.

6 minutes ago, RKHOOKER said:

I believe currently RC won’t send confirmation invoices when making an initial booking unless you ask for one, because the pricing of cruises are extremely volatile.  I feel RC don’t want you to easily know for sure what price you booked the cruise at.  This is based on my experience booking 5 cruises with them over the last few months.

This has been my experience as well

12 hours ago, RKHOOKER said:

I have booked 7 2022 cruises directly with RCI over the past year and got booking confirmations almost instantly....I don't have to ask...they verify my email and advise me it's on it's way and it usually is sometimes before I hang up if I have other matters I need to discuss.

Sorry this has been your experience but mine is/has been completely different.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I have booked 7 2022 cruises directly with RCI over the past year and got booking confirmations almost instantly....I don't have to ask...they verify my email and advise me it's on it's way and it usually is sometimes before I hang up if I have other matters I need to discuss.

Sorry this has been your experience but mine is/has been completely different.

I think those not getting the email are people who book online with no agent involved.  I booked 2 cruises last month online.  No detailed booking confirmation document.   Just the useless email the OP spoke of.  I had to use the phone tree process shown above to get mine. 

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My experience has been that if you speak with someone to do the booking, they email you the itemized confirmation but when you do the booking all on line, you just get the generic email.  As stated earlier, you can call through the automated line and request the invoice.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MeHeartCruising said:

I think those not getting the email are people who book online with no agent involved.  I booked 2 cruises last month online.  No detailed booking confirmation document.   Just the useless email the OP spoke of.  I had to use the phone tree process shown above to get mine. 

Correct. When Booking online I always have to call the Auto Site to get Detailed Confirmation. When talking to Person payment, changes, they always send me new detailed one.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SummerXU said:

Booked my first RCCL cruise last week. (YAY!) The only confirmation I received was a very generic, all-text email saying they had received a $XXX deposit towards booking number XXXXXX. It didn’t list my cabin number, balance due, itinerary or anything. 

I’ve since created an account and downloaded the app. I’m able to see my cabin number and itinerary (although no times are listed) but I’ve looked everywhere for an itemized breakdown of my deposit, balance, cruise fare, taxes, etc. and can’t find anything. What am I missing?! This info has to be somewhere!

I booked my first RCL cruise direct online a month ago and had the same experience as yours from the email and the C&A account. I made a post on this board and got suggestion to call RCL up and demand for a proper PDF confirmation invoice.  Since then, I saw 2 other posters on this board saying that they had the same experience. Always have that invoice on hand to countercheck the details and cancellation policy. I never had this issue when I booked with the other lines. 

Edited by Serengeti228

6 hours ago, RKHOOKER said:

It’s simple, when you book online & pay the deposit you should receive a confirmation invoice.  You shouldn’t have to call up RC & be on hold for an hour just to request your invoice.  Come on Royal up your game!

First sentence: Completely agree. I swear it used to be that way, and this new policy only started around the pandemic start. It's not like they are saving any money. It's an automatic email.

Second sentence: You don't have to wait on hold. It's a auto-menu item. See post #5:

On 10/27/2021 at 9:51 PM, AshleyDillo said:

Reservation Number: 866-562-7625; opt 4; opt 2 or 3; opt 1.

it's 4, 2, 1. And you may need to say "confirmation".

Edited by RobInMN
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, RobInMN said:

First sentence: Completely agree. I swear it used to be that way, and this new policy only started around the pandemic start. It's not like they are saving any money. It's an automatic email.

Second sentence: You don't have to wait on hold. It's a auto-menu item. See post #5:

Agree, many things have been tweeked post pandemic...and not necessarily for the good or even useful for us consumers.

I'll continue to call directly to RCI to make my bookings and make final payment.

Thank you so much everyone! I used the phone prompts suggested above and got my email confirmation immediately. (I now know silly little things like when my final payment is due! Details, schmetails!) I still find it so odd that I had to request this instead of it automatically being sent to me, but at least it's taken care of now.

Again, appreciate everyone's help!

• Like 3

Thanks for this.  Thought I was nuts.  Not concerned about invoice as it is an inexpensive 3 day cruise, but there was no final payment date on confirmation email, and couldn’t find online.  Thought it was because it fell in that final payment pushed back group of cruises. I called about something else and asked for final payment due date. No explanation as to why it wasn’t available anywhere to find myself. 

On 10/29/2021 at 1:29 AM, RKHOOKER said:

You shouldn’t have to call up RC & be on hold for an hour just to request your invoice.

I agree that it should could come automatically, but it's only a couple minutes or so on the phone (if you know the secret handshake, of course).

• 1 month later...
On 10/29/2021 at 8:31 AM, RobInMN said:

Has anyone been able to get the auto-menu confirmation to work recently- it no longer seems to work? It makes you enter an agency number even tho I select the option that I did it online.

1 hour ago, chines03 said:

Has anyone been able to get the auto-menu confirmation to work recently- it no longer seems to work? It makes you enter an agency number even tho I select the option that I did it online.

That happened to me the last time I tried to get one. That was a month or so ago. I ended up talking to a person to get it and tried to explain what the auto prompts were doing, but I don't think he understood.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 8:39 PM, chines03 said:

On 12/10/2021 at 10:20 PM, RobInMN said:

That happened to me the last time I tried to get one. That was a month or so ago. I ended up talking to a person to get it and tried to explain what the auto prompts were doing, but I don't think he understood.

Have tried to use the automated system twice in the past week, and it no longer works. The first time it forced me into an are you a TA dead end before it connected me with their front line reservations staff, and the second time it dumped me directly to the reservations staff before I had a chance to get past the first two prompts.