The Daily for Friday October 29, 2021

richwmn

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

About 30.

Roy

I was going to ask you to put me on the Celebrations list for Tuesday November 2nd as that is the day I will have my 20th and last Radiation Session.  I just got home from my 18th session.

If you would like any info on how my sessions went, side effects etc. please feel free to email me.

bdrcole at gmail.com

• Like 15

31 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I would say the area is rolling hillsides, definitely not flat.  And not real steep either.  We didn't see that many cars on the road and were ahead of the ship's tour buses.  And since there aren't that many roads it should be easy enough to figure out the route.  I'd try to get a map from the internet to take with you.  Two towns we stopped at after visiting North Cape are Skarsvag, the fishing village 8.7 miles from North Cape according to my search and Gjesvaer where bird watching tours set out from.  I'm not sure of the distance between that place and North Cape or Honningsvag.  You will also want to determine the location of the Sami village tourist building.  Since Marty of @Gail & Marty sailing awaywas driving I'm not sure how he knew which way to go.  Perhaps he'd been there before.  So if I were you and renting a vehicle I'd try to determine the route I was going to take. 

You read my mind! We always get maps etc. and in my searching I did see about Skarsvag, Gjesvaer and the Sami village tourist building.  I think rolling hills with few cars on the road is definitely doable -- (I'm the nervous nelly in fog, not DH)  😉  Thanks!

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

You read my mind! We always get maps etc. and in my searching I did see about Skarsvag, Gjesvaer and the Sami village tourist building.  I think rolling hills with few cars on the road is definitely doable -- (I'm the nervous nelly in fog, not DH)  😉  Thanks!

I just checked and I have several pictures taken with my iPhone from the private tour we took. I should be able to pull the lat and lon from them if you want.

Here are some:

653E3764-599E-4651-8592-34E5A0281EAB.jpeg

A68C1D53-99CF-4D5E-AAF6-E804487BC674.jpeg

CAC5514D-EF11-4C2E-9F20-1141608899B1.jpeg

6F3F44A4-7000-4653-9136-3B657676C0B9.jpeg

3F36ECA5-5F25-4141-AE47-163825D2251D.jpeg

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Good Afternoon Everyone from a warm and windy day at the beach.

Not a fan of tuna so will pass on todays meal suggestion. 

@ger_77   So sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Even more difficult not to be able to attend the service. Virtual hugs to you.

@rafinmdRoy-   Sorry you have to go through all that but at least it sounds like it wi;; be successful. Hang in there.  

@Horizon chaser 1957  Love the pictures of the daily elevator mats. Really brings a smile everyday.

My sister was hospitalized yesterday. Her blood counts are low so she is receiving transfusions. She still cant eat and is continuing to lose weight which is not a good thing. They are trying a new medication to curb the nausea. I really want to go to see her. She is in Boston, I am in Florida. The Doctor said absolutely not. She can only see her DH, son and my other sister. No one else.

Her son is going to set up a Zoom call tomorrow if she is up to it.  Best we can do at present.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Sending prayers 🙏 and best wishes for your sister to recover from her illness.

Graham.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, cat shepard said:

@rafinmd

Roy, I am awed by your positivity. Prayers that the radiation course has little impact and zips by quickly. 

And another vote for keeping you on the Care list, though in reality nothing could stop us from keeping you in our prayers.❤️

+1.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

My goodness!I fell asleep fir a while after lunch and so much occurred  here.

@rafinmd,Roy,I am sorry you have to go through this but hope the results are good.

@ger_77,I too thought of you and DH all day having to attend your friend's  funeral via zoom.It helps somewhat we have found but there is nothing like being there for your friends  and family. 

@cunnorl, It has to be so difficult  not to see your DS.Knowing the Docs are right does not make it easier.

@mamaofami,oh my.I hope the rest if the day is better and that you both are feeling well.At one point,I rented a bedrail  to prevent DH from falling after his stroke.Ask the agency,maybe?

More wind and rain us arriving here soon.

2 out of 3 family units have power in Massachusetts!Progress..

Terry

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon.  I finally got back to the Daily after a busy morning. It was so late and hot when I finished in the kitchen, I decided to wait until tomorrow morning to wash the motorh9me.

We took a quick ride into town just to see if anything had  changed.  Not much had  hanged (of course), but more people are beginning  to get here for the winter. Maybe, this will mean more vendors will be here.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, I can't imagine your frustration w8th the slow progress on your bathroom, in addition to the cable and internet issues.

@cunnorl  i'm very sorry your sister is in the hospital, and I hope the medicine makes her feel better.  I can't imagine how hard it must be to not be able to see her.  Hope the phone call tomorrow works out and you can video visit.

@mamaofami  Carol, sorry Sam slipped out of bed and that his warfarin levels are so high.  I hope they settle into a normal range soon.   Hope all of you and enjoy some really boring, uneventful days for awhile.  You deserve them.

@bdrcole  An early congratulation on finishing your radiation course on Tuesday.

Lenda 

• Like 14

Roy I thank you for putting Kakalena back on the prayer list. Yesterday she posted on facebook that her cancer is extremely aggressive and  she goes into hospice on Monday. She is planning to sell her condo so she can move closer to her son and grandchildren. She has been and still is looking forward to our cruise to Hawaii, in January. My prayer is that she will be able to go and enjoy herself.

I am very sorry that you have to have extensive radiation. I am praying that it will be totally successful and that you will not suffer from side effects.  Please keep yourself on the prayer list as well.

Jane

• Like 8
  • Thanks 10

7 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

Roy I thank you for putting Kakalena back on the prayer list. Yesterday she posted on facebook that her cancer is extremely aggressive and  she goes into hospice on Monday. She is planning to sell her condo so she can move closer to her son and grandchildren. She has been and still is looking forward to our cruise to Hawaii, in January. My prayer is that she will be able to go and enjoy herself.

I am very sorry that you have to have extensive radiation. I am praying that it will be totally successful and that you will not suffer from side effects.  Please keep yourself on the prayer list as well.

Jane

Thank you for the update on your friend.  I hope she will be able to join you on your cruise and be able to enjoy the cuise.

Lenda

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good evening, everyone.

I went to the store today to buy Halloween candy and decided to pick up a few items.  As I was putting the "few Items" in the car I realized that I had totally forgotten the Halloween candy.  The whole reason for coming to the store to begin with!

@rafinmd Sorry to hear about the need for radiation, but you'll come through it well, knowing you.  It does seem like everything is conspiring to keep you off a ship.   Normally I think you are cruising more than you are home.  

@bdrcole Congratulations on completing your radiation treatments (almost).   You can be an inspiration to Roy.

@mamaofamiOh, my goodness!   Maybe you need to strap Sam into bed.  What a scare that must of been.

@cunnorl It must be very difficult to not be able to go to your sister.   I hope the Zoom helps a bit and that she gets better quickly.

@Seasick Sailor What a mess to have a bathroom in disrepair and no internet or cable.  I hope you have laid in a good supply of reading material.  

@smitty34877 Hey, 3 out of 4 is pretty good.  Making progress!

• Like 15

4 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Good afternoon everyone. I just realized I never got here today. I woke to find out that Sam slid out of bed. Thankfully, he did not hit his head because his warfarin numbers are 2x what they should be and for the moment he’s off of it. We just sent another blood reading to his cardiologist and are waiting to hear from them about what to give him this weekend. They just called and he’s off the meds till Sunday night. 
Never a dull moment here.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

You can use a few less “dull moments” Carol 😔. So glad he didn’t hurt his head thankfully 👍 

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

About 30.

Roy

Yikes - that’s a lot.  😱. You are in my prayers 🙏🏻 

3 hours ago, bdrcole said:

I was going to ask you to put me on the Celebrations list for Tuesday November 2nd as that is the day I will have my 20th and last Radiation Session.  I just got home from my 18th session.

If you would like any info on how my sessions went, side effects etc. please feel free to email me.

bdrcole at gmail.com

So glad you will be done and so kind of you to offer to help Roy.  Bless you ♥️ 

1 hour ago, lazey1 said:

thanks for the update, Jane although it is a sad one 😔 

I pray for her and pray that she can go and enjoy one last cruise 🙏🏻 with you.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, lazey1 said:

Jane

Sending prayers 🙏 for Kakalena that she can sell her condo and enjoy her cruise to Hawaii in January with you Jane.

Graham.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1