beverage package offered $479 all in

I've just purchased the drink package for my cruise in January. I will check the price from time to time to see if it goes down. If it does, how do I cancel the package I have? I don't see that as an option.

I grabbed it for $479. A glass of wine at dinner is about $12, a mimosa at brunch, plus two cocktails in the afternoon and then later at the club brings me to $68, so…definitely break even. And that’s a “light” day.

Any more than that and I will be belting out God Bless America at one of the On Air karaoke events LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jerick said:

I've just purchased the drink package for my cruise in January. I will check the price from time to time to see if it goes down. If it does, how do I cancel the package I have? I don't see that as an option.

In the planner under order history should be a link to the package which should have a modify/cancel link. 

1 hour ago, jerick said:

Log into your Cruise Planner in the Upper Left hand side there are a few links Click on Order History
Look at all of your purchases, if the price has gone down on any of them click cancel and then repurchase at the lower rate
Remember they add 18% Gratuity on some of the items... do not cancel before checking the bottom line of what you paid! 

3 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

I grabbed it for $479. A glass of wine at dinner is about $12, a mimosa at brunch, plus two cocktails in the afternoon and then later at the club brings me to $68, so…definitely break even. And that’s a “light” day.

Any more than that and I will be belting out God Bless America at one of the On Air karaoke events LOL

Keep in mind that the package also includes non-alcoholic drinks (including bottled water), so you'll do even better. Here's hoping you can get a better price! 

5 hours ago, BND said:

It's only a good deal if it's less than you would normally spend.  You can't go by what you actually drink when you have the package because the fact you have the package will affect what you actually order.  I know for a fact we would never spend that much since we never have come close.

I agree with you to an extent. 

I agree with you if one feels that one must drink more in order to justify the package they purchased. The typical "since I bought the package, I have to drink X more today."

However, if one simply enjoys more because one has the package, well, that's part of the value. 

• Like 1

Navigator (which hasn't even started sailing yet. :classic_rolleyes: ) Is still $62 p/p per day. :classic_rolleyes: On sale. $70 per day when it is not. We're not going to purchase it at that price. 

We will just wait until it gets closer, or an actual sale. :classic_smile:

6 hours ago, DCPIV said:

I agree with you to an extent. 

I agree with you if one feels that one must drink more in order to justify the package they purchased. The typical "since I bought the package, I have to drink X more today."

However, if one simply enjoys more because one has the package, well, that's part of the value. 

I'm just addressing that financial value only really applies if you are actually saving money over what you normally would.   Most people will order more to justify it as we've seen reported on here.  For example, we never buy fresh squeezed OJ, but would if we had the package just to justify having it.   DH would order sodas (which he does not need being type II) for the same reason.  Plus, as I've posted before, RCI wouldn't offer these packages unless they made them money.  Anyone who thinks they're getting anything over on RCI would be wrong.

8 hours ago, BND said:

I'm just addressing that financial value only really applies if you are actually saving money over what you normally would.   Most people will order more to justify it as we've seen reported on here.  For example, we never buy fresh squeezed OJ, but would if we had the package just to justify having it.   DH would order sodas (which he does not need being type II) for the same reason.  Plus, as I've posted before, RCI wouldn't offer these packages unless they made them money.  Anyone who thinks they're getting anything over on RCI would be wrong.

For me, having had the drinks package, I've ordered stuff not because I need to justify the cost, but for the peace of mind of knowing it's all been paid for through the package. I wasn't worried about drinking as much as I can to use up the limit. But I was happy that it gave me an fixed upper cap to my drinking bill. Of course it doesn't cover all drinks, but it certainly covers most drinks, evough for me anyway. Furthermore it was more convenient, in that I had a lot more all included drinks options and places to go to than just the basic buffet+ areas to choose from. Plus, you're on holiday, why stress about how much you're spending on each drink every time.

Of course I did a lot of research on this befordhand, and I concluded I would probably break even, maybe even be a bit more expensive with the package. But the added peace of mind & convenience was worth any possible extra cost.

• Like 1

Sorry for all the questions, but can I order two drinks at the same time on the package if you’re staying solo? How strict is RCI on this? Coming from NCL here and never been questioned on grabbing two drinks (although I’ve never abused it).

Sometimes I grab a drink for someone else who has a package but they didn’t hand me their card, or if they did, the bartender shoo’ed the second card away anyway. 

23 hours ago, jerick said:

I just called today to cancel my drink package, took ten mins, we always get drink package but we are diamond plus so that’s five free drinks and in suite so free drinks there, saved 900.

15 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

Sorry for all the questions, but can I order two drinks at the same time on the package if you’re staying solo? How strict is RCI on this? Coming from NCL here and never been questioned on grabbing two drinks (although I’ve never abused it).

Sometimes I grab a drink for someone else who has a package but they didn’t hand me their card, or if they did, the bartender shoo’ed the second card away anyway. 

Typically not allowed to get two at the same time, but you can order a shot and down it right at the bar, then get another drink right away.  

If getting a drink for someone else, you need their card.