Question about drink packages

Cheryl0806

I just booked the Apex for next August. It is supposed to include drinks. Wi-Fi and tips. When I started to look at the planning section I noticed several drink packages. Why did the ad say drinks, Wi-Fi and tips are always included? What types of drinks can I expect with the included drinks?

What you booked does include tge classic package.  You can upgrade to a premium beverage plan.  You should be able to see the difference on the Celebrity website.

all kinds of drinks are included in your plan.  The main difference is in the brands of liquor, beer, etc in each.

Similarly you will have the basic Wi-Fi plan but you can upgrade to a plan that allows streaming if you wish.

Edited by Alakegirl

Always included doesn't actually mean that drinks, wifi, and tips are always included. It's a booking promo on certain bookings that get the classic beverage package, unlimited surf internet, and wifi. Not everyone books with the promo so they still sell the beverage packages and you can upgrade to premium if you want.

“Always Included” Pricing Packages apply to sailings booked and departing on or after November 17, 2020, excluding Galapagos cruises, in an inside, ocean view, veranda, Concierge Class, or AquaClass® stateroom (“Eligible Bookings”). All guests in an Eligible Booking who choose the “Always Included” pricing package will receive a Classic Beverage Package and Gratuities Included and an unlimited Surf Internet package. Eligible sailings listed at celebrity.com/.

The Classic and Premium Beverage Package is available for selected drinks only, and does not include room service, in-stateroom purchases, mini bar items or souvenir glasses. Optional gratuities may apply to certain on-board purchases (such as spa, specialty dining and drinks above the package amount -see below) and are not included in the Gratuities Included offer.

The Classic Beverage Package includes all Carbonated Drinks, Bottled Water, Juices including Apple, Cranberry, Orange, Lemon, Grapefruit, Premium Coffees and Teas as well as beer, spirits, cocktails and wines by the glass up to $9 per serving. Bottles of wine are not included.

The Premium Beverage Package includes All Carbonated Drinks, Premium Bottled Water, Freshly Squeezed and Bottled/Canned Juices, San Pellegrino, Red Bull, Vitamin water, Honest Iced Teas and Premium Coffees and Teas as well as beer, spirits, cocktails and wines by the glass up to $15 per serving. Bottles of wine are not included.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Cheryl0806 said:

I just booked the Apex for next August. It is supposed to include drinks. Wi-Fi and tips. When I started to look at the planning section I noticed several drink packages. Why did the ad say drinks, Wi-Fi and tips are always included? What types of drinks can I expect with the included drinks?

Hi Cheryl, if you search this forum you will find a lot of answers about the drink packages.  Classic or Premium.  Some posts have the actual list of alcohol/beverages.

• Like 1

I booked a cruise a few days ago.  It shows up in the Cruise Planner, but does not reflect the AI amenities.  I looked back at the paperwork from my TA and it says that amenities may take up to 10 days to be reflected on the website or app.  I will check back after the 10 days are up to see about possibly upgrading the drink package.  I think I read that it is only $9 pppd to upgrade.  I will do the math to see if it works.  Good luck to you!

54 minutes ago, 808lady said:

I booked a cruise a few days ago.  It shows up in the Cruise Planner, but does not reflect the AI amenities.  I looked back at the paperwork from my TA and it says that amenities may take up to 10 days to be reflected on the website or app.  I will check back after the 10 days are up to see about possibly upgrading the drink package.  I think I read that it is only $9 pppd to upgrade.  I will do the math to see if it works.  Good luck to you!

It has taken about 10 days for the Classic Package to be reflected in the Cruise Planner for all four of my Celebrity sailings so far. Not sure what the delay is about. But, for example, I booked a cruise last Monday and the Classic Package with the option to pay to upgrade to Premium just finally showed up in the Cruise Planner for me this morning.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

What you booked does include tge classic package.  You can upgrade to a premium beverage plan.  You should be able to see the difference on the Celebrity website.

all kinds of drinks are included in your plan.  The main difference is in the brands of liquor, beer, etc in each.

Similarly you will have the basic Wi-Fi plan but you can upgrade to a plan that allows streaming if you wish.

IMO, if you have the AI package, and whether or not your drink plan is Classic or Premium, the drinks are always included, just at different price levels for each.

4 hours ago, 808lady said:

The upgrade from Classic to Premium is $10 pppd plus a 20% gratuity - so a total of $12 pppd.  Note that either one or both occupants in a cabin can upgrade - works out well when one person likes particular more expensive drinks while the other person does not.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

It has taken about 10 days for the Classic Package to be reflected in the Cruise Planner for all four of my Celebrity sailings so far. Not sure what the delay is about. But, for example, I booked a cruise last Monday and the Classic Package with the option to pay to upgrade to Premium just finally showed up in the Cruise Planner for me this morning.

7 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I am waiting for my cruise planner to update as well so I can purchase the drink package upgrade. Does anyone know for the 5% classic Captains Club discount  if we have to call in for the discount or is it automatically applied to an online order?

Edited by Janedoe2012
Typo

10 hours ago, 808lady said:

You do not need to wait.  Your TA should be able to process that upgrade for you. 

1 hour ago, Janedoe2012 said:

I am waiting for my cruise planner to update as well so I can purchase the drink package upgrade. Does anyone know for the 5% classic Captains Club discount  if we have to call in for the discount or is it automatically applied to an online order?

I just checked my Aug. 2022 Alaska cruise, and it doesn't appear that the 5% discount was applied to the upgrade.

• Like 1