Royal Caribbean has jacked me around for the last time.

10 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If you know for sure you won't go and want a refund, waiting till April 2022 is taking a big gamble.

That's the reason I started the process so far in advance.  However, I was under the impression, that the protocols had to be announced before any actions/requests can be taken.

12 minutes ago, nelblu said:

That's the reason I started the process so far in advance.  However, I was under the impression, that the protocols had to be announced before any actions/requests can be taken.

They do. That's why @Biker19 was saying make a December booking NOW and apply the FCC and then when protocols are announced cancel for a full refund due to protocols.  If you wait until after the protocols are announced to book the excuse that you don't like them won't fly 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, molly361 said:

They do. That's why @Biker19 was saying make a December booking NOW and apply the FCC and then when protocols are announced cancel for a full refund due to protocols.  If you wait until after the protocols are announced to book the excuse that you don't like them won't fly 

The only reason I'm hesitant to rush now is that the vaccine mandatory protocol for schools may be around the corner here in NJ.  If that occurs, my kids need to make a decision regarding vaccines for their children.

1 minute ago, nelblu said:

The only reason I'm hesitant to rush now is that the vaccine mandatory protocol for schools may be around the corner here in NJ.  If that occurs, my kids need to make a decision regarding vaccines for their children.

That’s fine, just realize that by April 2022 the ability to cancel for a refund due to the protocols may no longer be an option. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That’s fine, just realize that by April 2022 the ability to cancel for a refund due to the protocols may no longer be an option. 

I thank you and Molly for the assistance.   A decision will be made within the next couple of months.  Hate to cancel, as I got some great pricing on the Anthem sail, plus triggered some $2k+ in excess FCCs that requires action I believe by April 30 and sail by September 22 which is problematic.   I'll fight tooth and nail so I don't lose these moneys.

1 minute ago, nelblu said:

I thank you and Molly for the assistance.   A decision will be made within the next couple of months.  Hate to cancel, as I got some great pricing on the Anthem sail, plus triggered some $2k+ in excess FCCs that requires action I believe by April 30 and sail by September 22 which is problematic.   I'll fight tooth and nail so I don't lose these moneys.

The sail by date was extended to 12/31/22  Still have to be applied by 4/30/22

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

The sail by date was extended to 12/31/22  Still have to be applied by 4/30/22

Oh thanks.  It gives me some wiggle room, but still problematic.  Wish the excess FCCs could be assigned to me as I have no problem sailing.  I paid for them and control the reservations, therefore......

On 11/2/2021 at 3:15 PM, Merion_Mom said:

Send your description of your ordeal to ayera-rodriguez@rccl.com and mbayley@rccl.com   Be calm and clear, and omit the foaming-at-the-mouth parts.  (not that I blame you; I just want you to get results)

Carol, there’s a saying about “hitting the nail on the head” and your advice here does just that.  We tried to resolve an issue with RCCL’s Resolution Dept for much, much too long.  We kept getting the run-around:  “The team is working on it.”  In fact it was a case of addition and subtraction.  I read this post and slapped myself on the side of the head:  Of course!  When the answer you’re getting makes no sense, it’s time to move your complaint up the chain.  We sent an email to M Bayley and A Yera-Rodriguez.  We simply explained the circumstances in a very calm manner.  We did this yesterday.  Today, a call came from a manager of the Resolution Team, who apologized, admitted they’d made a mistake (again, addition and subtraction), and promised a refund for the amount in question.  Good advice for all.  

• Like 6

On 11/4/2021 at 10:41 AM, nelblu said:

All applied certificates will be held on the booking that they have been applied to and are not applicable to be transferred or refunded. If you are interested in possibly changing your ship and sail dates for your upcoming cruise’s 529547, 523017, 526845 and 531281 you will need to reach out to your Travel Advisor directly for assistance. They will be able to review policy and pricing with you directly.

So we used FCC’s to pay off an Alaska Cruise in August 2022.  The price has dropped and our TA is trying to get the funds from the price drop applied to another cruise with little success so far.  If the above is correct, what happens to the left over FCC’s after a price drop.  I would be OK with OBC, but so far the money has just vanished.

1 hour ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

Carol, there’s a saying about “hitting the nail on the head” and your advice here does just that.  We tried to resolve an issue with RCCL’s Resolution Dept for much, much too long.  We kept getting the run-around:  “The team is working on it.”  In fact it was a case of addition and subtraction.  I read this post and slapped myself on the side of the head:  Of course!  When the answer you’re getting makes no sense, it’s time to move your complaint up the chain.  We sent an email to M Bayley and A Yera-Rodriguez.  We simply explained the circumstances in a very calm manner.  We did this yesterday.  Today, a call came from a manager of the Resolution Team, who apologized, admitted they’d made a mistake (again, addition and subtraction), and promised a refund for the amount in question.  Good advice for all.  

I, naturally, received no such consideration. They have not dignified my e-mail with so much as a form letter response. I assure you, my e-mail removed all of the vitriol contained in the OP and simply included facts. I did convey disappointment in the way things have gone so far, but did so both professionally and cordially. Nothing back at all. Perhaps the guy from page 1 was right and they simply don't care if my family and I take our business elsewhere. We'll be happy to do so. I love RCL ships, but despite the consistent denigration of Carnival on this subforum, I found my experiences on that line to be more similar than different when compared to Royal. I've been interested in giving Princess a try as well. I won't be cruising again soon anyway due to my impending move, but when I do ultimately sail again, it won't be on RCCL. 

8 minutes ago, Evilgrin72 said:

I, naturally, received no such consideration. They have not dignified my e-mail with so much as a form letter response. I assure you, my e-mail removed all of the vitriol contained in the OP and simply included facts. I did convey disappointment in the way things have gone so far, but did so both professionally and cordially. Nothing back at all. Perhaps the guy from page 1 was right and they simply don't care if my family and I take our business elsewhere. We'll be happy to do so. I love RCL ships, but despite the consistent denigration of Carnival on this subforum, I found my experiences on that line to be more similar than different when compared to Royal. I've been interested in giving Princess a try as well. I won't be cruising again soon anyway due to my impending move, but when I do ultimately sail again, it won't be on RCCL. 

If you are moving to the west coast, my friends who were previously dedicated RC cruisers have become very happy with Princess.

🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seville2Cabo said:

So we used FCC’s to pay off an Alaska Cruise in August 2022.  The price has dropped and our TA is trying to get the funds from the price drop applied to another cruise with little success so far.  If the above is correct, what happens to the left over FCC’s after a price drop.  I would be OK with OBC, but so far the money has just vanished.

Frustrating experience.  I also had a price drop totaling some $2k+ and converted into FCCs. They are in the names of my kids and grandkids and they are not able to sail under the current protocols. 

I have no trouble sailing and would love to use them.   I shelled out the dineros.

I understand your frustration, and I do not blame you.  The only thing I would add is that right now you can find posts like yours directed to every cruise company.The quality of customer service each person receives seems incredibly variable.  I'm not saying that's ok, it just is.  The only advice I would give you is to take a deep breath and put it in perspective.  As you said, don't cut off your nose to spite your face.  Figure this one out and go and have a good time.  As far as never sailing RCCL again, I have said the same thing about many companies in the past, and so far none of them have missed me (well, Fry's did close but I don't think it was just me that got tired of the way they treated customers), SO I have tried to learn to treat each situation that comes up as it happens.  If nothing like this has happened to you before, don't expect it to again.  If you look through the boards, you will be amazed at how similar things are.

Edited by MrMarc
To add note about Fry's
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Evilgrin72 said:

Just a suggestion that I’ve used with other companies and that most times gets a positive outcome.  I post the issue on all their social media feeds.  If they don’t reply, I call them out as much as necessary.  Eventually they come to you and try to show they care.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/4/2021 at 3:30 PM, nelblu said:

According to what I read recently, they are not allowed to make any decision.  It's against the rules (similar to unruly people who pass an airplane while seeing evil eye (there is noting else to see) from people who attend a flight), and by avoiding those  rules, they terrorize everyone who might experience their desire to think.  The bottom line we are passed to fight with businesses (like a cruse line) that simply try to survive.

Hey, I got a response from Michael Bayley's office! 

They apologized for all the difficulty I've had applying my FCCs and the misinformation I've received from customer service. They thanked me for my loyalty and patronage and for being a C & A member. 

I now owe $50 MORE than what the CS rep told me I owed. This is insanity. 

At this point, my best bet may be to just cancel my drink and Wi-Fi packages so that I can at least hopefully see that money again sometime in March, let them keep the $800 I gave them in June 2019 for the original cruise and the $200 I gave them for a deposit on this one and just no-show. I'll be out a thousand dollars but I'll get that much back just canceling the packages. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Evilgrin72 said:

They apologized for all the difficulty I've had applying my FCCs and the misinformation I've received from customer service. They thanked me for my loyalty and patronage and for being a C & A member. 

I now owe $50 MORE than what the CS rep told me I owed. This is insanity. 

At this point, my best bet may be to just cancel my drink and Wi-Fi packages so that I can at least hopefully see that money again sometime in March, let them keep the $800 I gave them in June 2019 for the original cruise and the $200 I gave them for a deposit on this one and just no-show. I'll be out a thousand dollars but I'll get that much back just canceling the packages. 

Did you let them know you aren't satisfied?   See what you can negotiate. I hope it works. 

53 minutes ago, Evilgrin72 said:

Hey, you got boilerplate from them!  Clearly they value you and your letter very much or they might have raised the price by even more.

• Haha 3

Finally, at long last, this got resolved. After two more long, sometimes contentious email chains with both the resolution team and the executive office, they appear to have wiped out my balance due. They also issued back just shy of $300 in unused FCC and gave me an extra $100 on board credit for my aggravation. 

I still want to step onto the ship without them telling me I still have a balance due before I fully believe it at this point, but the site does show no balance due. If this is in fact over, it was far more arduous and frustrating than it should have been, but in the end it was resolved to my satisfaction. I don't have to boycott RCCL, but will absolutely look at other lines more seriously going forward. 

Edited by Evilgrin72
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I am so glad it is finally resolved.  You are right, it never should have taken all this.  My wish is that you have the best cruise of your life.  A few minutes on a ship and hopefully all your cares and frustrations will dissolve with the sea air.  

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 7:41 PM, maureencruiser said:

I feel your pain and couldn't resist clicking, what a headline!!  They can't explain what happened to my $1323 FCC.  It's just gone.  Do send a concise email to M Bayley, they're very good there.  They ended up giving me credit to replace the missing FCC. 

We have also "missed/lost" $1900 +, $1700+, $1300+ and some hundreds of smaller FCCs down Royal's Tunnel of Love! Royal can "see" them, cannot find the numbers....whatever that is supposed to mean. Wrote to the executive offices. Someone replied promptly and set up a call. Talked to them, worked it out cruise by cuise; still working out some; removed a TA that screwed up for one, and figuring out the FCCs used on the rest of the cruises (and new fragments regenerated) is still a work in process. I honestly believe that they will never figure it out completely, the way they are using FCCs on one cruise and regenerating leftovers of the same. Confusing? VERY!!!!
My die hard cruiser DH wants to still deal with FCCs, so he calls and sorts it out. It is all very frustrating, but I have moved on.  Now, I just pack the bags and ask "which cruise?"

Just an FYI....Princess handled this the best.👍

Celebrity comes second,
Royal...oy vey as they say!🙏😁😁

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1