Price Adjustment on line?

spammie

I noticed our upcoming cruise price has dropped.  Since we are past final payment I would like to get the difference in OBC.  Is there anyway to do this on line?  I am not able to call from work and when I try after I am done working the wait time is hours and hours.  I booked directly with Celebrity and not through a TA.  Thank you!

4 minutes ago, spammie said:

I noticed our upcoming cruise price has dropped.  Since we are past final payment I would like to get the difference in OBC.  Is there anyway to do this on line?  I am not able to call from work and when I try after I am done working the wait time is hours and hours.  I booked directly with Celebrity and not through a TA.  Thank you!

see this link.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/best-price-guarantee

18 minutes ago, spammie said:

Yes you can do it online. I did it for our last cruise, however the OBC didn't show up until we were in the ship..

Edited by lovrccl
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears the "Best Price Offer" deal that has been in place since June has been replaced with the long standing pre-COVID "Best Price Guarantee". Bummer, but expected.

For a request submitted after the due date of final payment AND the booking is within 48 hours from creation, the following applies:

Request for a Lower Cruise Fare

Celebrity will apply an onboard credit to the booking in the amount of 110% of the difference in price.

Request to Add or Change an Added Value Offer

Celebrity will 1) apply an Added Value Offer to booking and 2) go to prevailing eligible cruise fare

NOTE: If either the new cruise fare or Added Value Offer is not combinable with any promotion associated with the existing booking, or changes are being made outside of promotional booking window, the existing promotion will be removed from the booking. No refund or exchange will be given on a promotion offer (added value)

NOTE: An Added Value Offer refers to an amenity added to your booking, such as an onboard credit, specialty dining, shore excursion, etc.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

12 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears the "Best Price Offer" deal that has been in place since June has been replaced with the long standing pre-COVID "Best Price Guarantee". Bummer, but expected.

For a request submitted after the due date of final payment AND the booking is within 48 hours from creation, the following applies:

Request for a Lower Cruise Fare

Celebrity will apply an onboard credit to the booking in the amount of 110% of the difference in price.

Request to Add or Change an Added Value Offer

Celebrity will 1) apply an Added Value Offer to booking and 2) go to prevailing eligible cruise fare

NOTE: If either the new cruise fare or Added Value Offer is not combinable with any promotion associated with the existing booking, or changes are being made outside of promotional booking window, the existing promotion will be removed from the booking. No refund or exchange will be given on a promotion offer (added value)

NOTE: An Added Value Offer refers to an amenity added to your booking, such as an onboard credit, specialty dining, shore excursion, etc.

That link is to the wrong item. Best Offer Guarantee is part of CWC. Best Price Guarantee is the normal deal where they will adjust the price within 48 hours from booking. 

Best Offer Guarantee

If the fare on your sailing is reduced or the promotion gets better, give us a call and we’ll honor your choice right up to 48 hours before you sail. This applies to bookings made before December 17, 2021 for sailings up to May 4, 2022.

• You may change your offer as many times as desired up to 48 hours before sailing.
  • For bookings within final payment, any amounts owed will be refunded in the form of nonrefundable Onboard Credit. For bookings outside of final payment, any amounts owed will be refunded to the original form of cruise fare payment.
  • Bookings made after December 17, 2021, will be covered with our existing Best Price Guarantee policy.
  • Bookings made by UK & Ireland guests after December 17, 2021 will be covered by the existing Price Promise policy.

4 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

That link is to the wrong item. Best Offer Guarantee is part of CWC. Best Price Guarantee is the normal deal where they will adjust the price within 48 hours from booking. 

Best Offer Guarantee

If the fare on your sailing is reduced or the promotion gets better, give us a call and we’ll honor your choice right up to 48 hours before you sail. This applies to bookings made before December 17, 2021 for sailings up to May 4, 2022.

• You may change your offer as many times as desired up to 48 hours before sailing.
  • For bookings within final payment, any amounts owed will be refunded in the form of nonrefundable Onboard Credit. For bookings outside of final payment, any amounts owed will be refunded to the original form of cruise fare payment.
  • Bookings made after December 17, 2021, will be covered with our existing Best Price Guarantee policy.
  • Bookings made by UK & Ireland guests after December 17, 2021 will be covered by the existing Price Promise policy.

This Best Price Offer seems to only apply to the folks in the UK and Ireland. I can't seem to find a similar "Best Price Offer" promotion on the US Celebrity website.

• This policy only applies to new bookings and the lower fare must be bookable in the UK & IRL only.

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

This Best Price Offer seems to only apply to the folks in the UK and Ireland. I can't seem to find a similar "Best Price Offer" promotion on the US Celebrity website.

• This policy only applies to new bookings and the lower fare must be bookable in the UK & IRL only.

The CWC element is Best OFFER Guarantee. Not Best Price Offer. It's on the CWC page. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-with-confidence

4 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

The CWC element is Best OFFER Guarantee. Not Best Price Offer. It's on the CWC page. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-with-confidence

Thanks for the link. I see it now. Unfortunately, I don't see the link to the Best Offer Guarantee Form that you used to be able to send in to bypass calling?

Edited by Ken the cruiser

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks for the link. I see it now. Unfortunately, I don't see the link to the Best Offer Guarantee Form that you used to be able to send in to bypass calling?

I'm not sure there ever was one. The linked form is not correct which may explain the inconsistency in results. I submitted it and got $442 in OBC. Our travel mates submitted it and were told they did not qualify. Our bookings are identical. 

3 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

I'm not sure there ever was one. The linked form is not correct which may explain the inconsistency in results. I submitted it and got $442 in OBC. Our travel mates submitted it and were told they did not qualify. Our bookings are identical. 

Here's the link to the Form I used quite a few times between July and October which hopefully still works.

Best Price Guarantee | Celebrity Cruises

I tried this and was told I did not qualify... BUT also the discounted price on that promotion excluded AI features and port charges had doubled..so even if I got OBC it would not have been that attractive a deal... make sure you check port fees and the details of the deal before making a request.

27 minutes ago, Ocdublin said:

On hold now waiting 2 hours plus!  I hope it is worth it.  Can’t price on line since sold out!

Our experience has been if you booked your category very early then you have the best price. Let us know how you make out with repricing and what category you are in. Thanks

23 minutes ago, sasset said:

A little off topic, but when there is a price reduction is it across all categories of cabins or on can it be on select categories?

Depends upon the nature of the reduction.  If it's a straight % off, then it's a straight % off.  But you will also find unannounced (non-program) reductions on certain cruises that are used to improve bookings for those specific cruises.  How much and on which cabins varies based upon which cruise is being repriced.

What you see here in the threads are typically the major sales programs announced by the line (e.g., 20%, 2nd at 50%, etc.).  If wondering about a specific cruise, you need to keep trying to make dummy bookings for your own cruise, and perhaps join the roll call for that cruise to see what others may have noticed.  Only those checking on that particular cruise/cabin would ever know about a price reduction, unless your TA stays on top of pricing day to day.  That's one nice thing about working with a good TA.  X will not call you to tell you that there's been a price reduction for your specific cruise.  It's not in their financial interest to do so.  A good TA will.

I called the number on my invoice (booked through Celebrity) last night around 6:30 and was through to an agent in about 4 minutes. Got a total of $464 in OBC ($264 in price difference and $200 for the OBC holiday cruise offer).