Vaccination Policy

steveweese

Just received an email from X pertaining to a health and safety checklist. Here is the part that is bothering me:

Vaccination Policy:

Acceptable proof of vaccination must be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by the country’s health authority or healthcare provider that administered the vaccination. All guests 12 and older should bring proof of vaccination with the last dose given at least 14 days before the sailing. The CDC will also consider a guest fully vaccinated with proof of vaccination that can include a mixed series of any two of the following vaccines, with a minimum of 28 days between doses: Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Sinovac, or Sinopharm.

When we were vaccinated it was 21 days apart so we are not complying to the 28 day guideline. We also have our booster. 

Who has sailed and have you heard of any problems with X checking this?

Thanks

You should be fine based on the current Healthy at Sea FAQ's

COVID-19 Booster Shots

Guests who have received 3 or more doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, due to booster regimens, will be considered fully vaccinated if at least one of these conditions is satisfied:

• At least 2 of the doses are mRNA vaccines administered at least 28 days apart. The final dose must be completed at least 14 days before sailing.
  • At least 2 of the doses are AstraZeneca administered at least 28 days apart. The final dose must be completed at least 14 days before sailing.
  • At least 1 dose is Johnson & Johnson, completed at least 14 days before sailing.

21 days between 1st and 2nd Pfizer is the ‘normal’ timeframe. Our local health dept set our second shot date 21 days after back in February. We got our booster recently. 

I agree I think that is when you mix shot types.

den

Am I correct to assume that Celebrity, as of today, is still not requiring the booster and therefore we do not need to bring proof of having received our booster shot.  (since we laminated our original cards after the 2nd shot, we were issued a separate card for the booster). 

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Am I correct to assume that Celebrity, as of today, is still not requiring the booster and therefore we do not need to bring proof of having received our booster shot.  (since we laminated our original cards after the 2nd shot, we were issued a separate card for the booster). 

Correct.  No booster info required.  And if you're filling out the dates in the app, don't use the date for the booster as your 'last' date.  What they want is the 'last' (second) date for your 'full vaccination' if you had a 2 shot series (e.g., Moderna, Pfizer).

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Correct.  No booster info required.  And if you're filling out the dates in the app, don't use the date for the booster as your 'last' date.  What they want is the 'last' (second) date for your 'full vaccination' if you had a 2 shot series (e.g., Moderna, Pfizer).

Thank you.  It may change in the next month, we do not sail until December 4th, but at least I understand the current requirements correctly. 

10 hours ago, steveweese said:

Just received an email from X pertaining to a health and safety checklist. Here is the part that is bothering me:

Vaccination Policy:

Acceptable proof of vaccination must be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by the country’s health authority or healthcare provider that administered the vaccination. All guests 12 and older should bring proof of vaccination with the last dose given at least 14 days before the sailing. The CDC will also consider a guest fully vaccinated with proof of vaccination that can include a mixed series of any two of the following vaccines, with a minimum of 28 days between doses: Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Sinovac, or Sinopharm.

When we were vaccinated it was 21 days apart so we are not complying to the 28 day guideline. We also have our booster. 

Who has sailed and have you heard of any problems with X checking this?

Thanks

The 28 days is only if you had one moderna and one pfizer, is mixed the manufacturer.

I did not see any info on the Healthy at Sea page about booster shots.  We were fully vaccinated months ago.  If we get a booster within one week of sailing, will X look at the date of the booster (3rd) shot, or the second shot?  Don’t want any surprises at the pier.  And yes, there is a reason for our  booster timing.

13 minutes ago, 81Zoomie said:

I did not see any info on the Healthy at Sea page about booster shots.  We were fully vaccinated months ago.  If we get a booster within one week of sailing, will X look at the date of the booster (3rd) shot, or the second shot?  Don’t want any surprises at the pier.  And yes, there is a reason for our  booster timing.

No one can tell you exactly what the folks at the pier will do, but Celebrity only wants people to be "fully vaccinated," and for the mRNA vaccines, right now that means only two shots.  (And for Celebrity, the second shot must have been at least 14 days before sailing.)   IMHO, you should not have a problem.  That is just my opinion. 

An earlier post on a separate thread said they’d had the Booster 10 days prior to departure and it wasn’t an issue. Their 2nd shot was months prior. The point isn’t some concern about having the shot close to departure, it is allowing the 2-shot (or J&J 1 shot) vaccines to properly set a high immunity which takes ~14 days to reach full capability of the vaccines - this is what has been stated in various CDC posts, not my guesses or assumptions. 

So a Booster within the 14d prior isn’t the issue. 

Den

As of today when I checked, Celebrity does not ask about boosters, just your first and second shots.   

Because we laminated our original shot cards, our booster is recorded on a second card. We did not provide that information, just photo’s of the front and back of our original shot cards. 

On 11/3/2021 at 4:00 PM, steveweese said:

Doesn't meet the published requirements. 

I would ask Celebrity rather than a forum.

5 hours ago, isdoo said:

Doesn't meet the published requirements. 

I would ask Celebrity rather than a forum.

The 28 fay requirement is the amount if time between doses IF yoiu received ine type for the first dose and another type for the second dose.. This dies meet the CDC requirements. Once again, this is ONLY if you received Moderna once and Pfizer once.