More Coral Princess cruises have been cancelled (including World Cruise!)

Princess has cancelled more Coral Princess cruises from Australia 😞

From Princess Cruises:

We will be replacing voyages currently scheduled on Coral Princess through May 2022 given the ongoing uncertainty of travel restrictions to the regions on these multi-destination itineraries. New Coral Princess itineraries departing from Australia for spring 2022 will be announced in due time.

As a result, these three sailings on Coral Princess will be cancelled:

• 28-night Round Australia cruise departing from Sydney on March 16, 2022 and Brisbane on March 18, 2022

• 35-night Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific cruise departing from Sydney on April 13, 2022

• 107-night Round World Cruise departing Auckland on May 14, 2022, Sydney on May 18, 2022 and Brisbane on May 22, 2022 with the voyage calling into 43 destinations in 27 countries.

More information available here: https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/cancelled-select-cruises-on-coral-through-august-2022.pdf

3 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Not unexpected. Time to consider what to book as  a replacement cruise.🤔

Very early this year I believed the 2022 WC was unlikely to go ahead. I felt that if it did, it wouldn't be in a form that would appeal to me. I booked my replacement in March - the 2023 WC. 😁

• Like 1

Not unexpected. However the replacement cruise for the March 2022 Round Australia cruise is 29 Feb 2024 and is two days shorter which I'm not happy about so we might just get our FCCs back again.

However among the replacement cruise information there is a sneak peak at the 2024 itineraries, including the world cruise which looks very, very interesting.

• Like 2

Very interesting indeed the WC.

We will be booked on the Dover to Sydney leg (if we choose option 1) and are looking longingly at the Rome to Dover part as well. Notice that there is no Dubai listed that's why I think that a new leg starts from Rome.

Here is the intinerary if anyone is interested.

Sydney, Brisbane, Bali (Benoa), Singapore, Sri Lanka (Colombo), Aqaba (for Petra),
Transit the Suez Canal, Crete (Heraklion), Salerno (for Amalfi Coast, Capri & Pompeii),

Rome (Civitavecchia), Corsica (Ajaccio), Barcelona, Tangier, Cork (Cobh - for Blarney

Castle), Brussels/Bruges (Zeebrugge), Amsterdam (Ijmuiden), Berlin (Warnemunde),

Riga, Tallinn, St. Petersburg (overnight), Helsinki, Stockholm (Nynashamn), Copenhagen,

Aarhus, Kristiansand, London (Dover), Paris/Normandy (Le Havre), Edinburgh (South

Queensferry), Akureyri, Isafjordur, Reykjavik, Sydney (Cape Breton Island), Halifax, Bar

Harbor (for Acadia National Park), Boston, New York (overnight), Key West, Panama

Canal Full Transit Historic Locks (including the Miraflores, Pedro Miguel and Gatun

Locks), Manta, Lima (Callao) (overnight), Pisco (General San Martin), Easter Island,

Pitcairn Island (Scenic Cruising), Tahiti (Papeete), Moorea, Cross International Date Line,

Auckland, Bay of Islands, Sydney

With all upcoming cruises getting filled by people who have had cruises cancelled in the last couple of years it may become very difficult booking new cruise itineraries from late 2023 onwards, and that may be the case for another couple of years. I think it's going to be a big issue.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

The credits will run out sooner or later as the prices are higher now and are likely to stay that way.

You get the choice of moving to a specific future cruise for the same fare. We will probably do that after all, in case we can't get a booking on the 2024 world cruise. That way at least we have a cruise booked for 2024 and we can always cancel it.

There is a very easy answer to all this crap going on in Australia or should I say not going on. 

Instead of putting our cancelled cruises over to 2023 and beyond, just jump on a plane and spend our money on international cruises. 

At least we'll probably be able to take one.

57 minutes ago, portcbob said:

There is a very easy answer to all this crap going on in Australia or should I say not going on. 

Instead of putting our cancelled cruises over to 2023 and beyond, just jump on a plane and spend our money on international cruises. 

This is one option that we have used.

4 hours ago, portcbob said:

Yep, fly to UK, plenty of cruises from Southampton, try P&O UK, they are good.

1 hour ago, Bizziecruzer said:

This is the world cruise 2024 aboard the Island Princess. Apparently goes on sale next week. This itinerary may help with limited available cabins on Coral. image.png.204a57be3844ce9eead7fa60f0e95913.png

Sorry but I don't understand how a US departure world cruise on Island, with a totally different itinerary, would help with cabin availability on the Australian world cruise on Coral.

15 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Sorry but I don't understand how a US departure world cruise on Island, with a totally different itinerary, would help with cabin availability on the Australian world cruise on Coral.

Just off the  top of my head, people who have already done WC and are looking for something different (no NYC, north east Europe) USA cruisers who don't like the long flight to downunder.

2 minutes ago, Bizziecruzer said:

Just off the  top of my head, people who have already done WC and are looking for something different (no NYC, north east Europe) USA cruisers who don't like the long flight to downunder.

But that is totally irrelevant to availability on the Coral cruise for people who would like to book on that one. 

On 11/5/2021 at 9:30 AM, OzKiwiJJ said:

But that is totally irrelevant to availability on the Coral cruise for people who would like to book on that one. 

I think the point they're trying to make is that Island, whilst in the same class, has more cabins than Coral - so it's an alternative that may interest some people in the event that Coral is booked out.

We've just received the confirmation of our move-over to the 2024 Round Australia cruise. It's two days shorter than the 2022 one. Princess have reduce the fare by $410 ie $200 per day plus $10 in port fees.

By my calculation the Plus fare we booked worked out at $376.75pp per day so essentially Princess have increased the fare slightly. 

Anyway if we manage to get a booking on the 2024 world cruise we'll be cancelling the Round Australia so it's no big deal.

9 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We've just received the confirmation of our move-over to the 2024 Round Australia cruise. It's two days shorter than the 2022 one. Princess have reduce the fare by $410 ie $200 per day plus $10 in port fees.

By my calculation the Plus fare we booked worked out at $376.75pp per day so essentially Princess have increased the fare slightly. 

Anyway if we manage to get a booking on the 2024 world cruise we'll be cancelling the Round Australia so it's no big deal.

Will you do the full monty on the 24 WC, like 107 days?

9 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Will you do the full monty on the 24 WC, like 107 days?

Yes, and the 24 WC is 110 days. 

It's something we've both always dreamed of doing. With no cruising for two or more years, and the fact that we are getting older, we figure we need to do it sooner than later while we still have some money. It might mean not so much cruising after that one but at least we'll have achieved our dream. We're really keen to get on the 2024 cruise as it goes to the Baltic countries. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there might be some cabins left after all the move-over offers have been processed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there might be some cabins left after all the move-over offers have been processed.

I think you have a good chance as a lot of people said (on the roll call) that they cancelled 2022 and booked 2023, anyway you will know soon as it goes on sale in Early December.

24 minutes ago, sewgood said:

I think you have a good chance as a lot of people said (on the roll call) that they cancelled 2022 and booked 2023, anyway you will know soon as it goes on sale in Early December.

But I wanna know NOW!!!!!! 🤣

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

For 2024 world cruise.  I couldn’t wait that long if I was booked.  I hope I can continue to make last minute bookings in the future.

That's the one with the itinerary we really, really want to do so we'll have to wait. 🙁 Ah well, we have a couple of other cruises booked before that one so that will keep us amused. And the big cruises like that book out quite quickly.

Hi OzKiwkiJj,

sorry do not know your name.

that cruise sounds wonderful.   I hope you get on it,   Too long for my husband.   But it sounds great if you would like it.  

have you got a good travel agent or are you booking direct with Princess?

good luck

eileen