Are children (3 to 5 yr olds) camps reopenjng?

Mklbee

1 minute ago, tm_aw_love said:

Camp Ocean registration during check-in never went away. I cruised in September and the online check-in still had us 'register' our toddlers for camp, but camp was definitely NOT open. 

With the approval of vaccines for children five and up, there is a possibility they will reopen the camps.  But for those too young to get the vaccine, my guess is they will not reopen for a while. 

Just now, lazydayz said:

With the approval of vaccines for children five and up, there is a possibility they will reopen the camps.  But for those too young to get the vaccine, my guess is they will not reopen for a while. 

Wishful thinking there. 

If somebody is checking in now, and seeing camp registration, they are cruising in the next couple of weeks... absolutely no possibility of being fully vaccinated in that timeframe. Maybe by the new year. 

4 minutes ago, tm_aw_love said:

Wishful thinking there. 

If somebody is checking in now, and seeing camp registration, they are cruising in the next couple of weeks... absolutely no possibility of being fully vaccinated in that timeframe. Maybe by the new year. 

Agreed.  I don't think they open the camps until the kids have been vaccinated.  

• Like 1

I don't see why not. Shots are already being given out. Our district (and many others) are running vaccine clinics for students. My smallest son is getting his first tomorrow and second 21 days later. Five to eleven year olds will start to be considered fully vaccinated starting around December 8th or there about. I suspect families may book last min Christmas and New Years cruises and don't see why the kids clubs wouldn't be open for vaccinated youth. Not having them open to fully vaccinated kids would be a disincentive for booking and unwise business decision IMO. Hopefully, Carnival will clarify this soon with a public statement regarding the reopening for 5-11 year olds soon.  

Edited by cruisingguy007

20 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I don't see why not. Shots are already being given out. Our district (and many others) are running vaccine clinics for students. My smallest son is getting his first tomorrow and second 21 days later. Five to eleven year olds will start to be considered fully vaccinated starting around December 8th or there about. I suspect families may book last min Christmas and New Years cruises and don't see why the kids clubs wouldn't be open for vaccinated youth. Not having them open to fully vaccinated kids would be a disincentive for booking and unwise business decision IMO. Hopefully, Carnival will clarify this soon with a public statement regarding the reopening for 5-11 year olds soon.  

In a way, I think you are only reiterating what has already been said. As of right now, there is no way that these children will be fully vaccinated for several weeks, so clubs will not be open for people that are 'registering' (checking-in) right now. Based on what Carnival has been doing for several months now, they won't be opening the clubs until those age groups are fully vaccinated.  

Another thing to remember is that Carnival needs to arrange for staff for the kids club.

It's not as easy as to simply "open up the clubs.". There are logistics.

Even if they did open up the kids club they would need to determine if it was worth it based on how many kids on the cruise were vaccinated.

And of course remember they have to then figure out the 5% unvaccinated and have an issue with those that originally took up the 5% but now don't have to.

9 hours ago, tm_aw_love said:

Camp Ocean registration during check-in never went away. I cruised in September and the online check-in still had us 'register' our toddlers for camp, but camp was definitely NOT open. 

Same thing happened to me. I actually got an email telling me to register my toddler for camp last month. Yeah it was 1000% not open when we got there lol. We have another cruise in Feb. He will be 3 so he cant get vaccinated. It would be nice if they would be open but we wont get our hopes up. Wont effect our fun either way

• Like 1

4 hours ago, K_e_short said:

Another thing to remember is that Carnival needs to arrange for staff for the kids club.

It's not as easy as to simply "open up the clubs.". There are logistics.

Even if they did open up the kids club they would need to determine if it was worth it based on how many kids on the cruise were vaccinated.

And of course remember they have to then figure out the 5% unvaccinated and have an issue with those that originally took up the 5% but now don't have to.

Right....if they only have like 10 kids on the ship under 5 they wont open it up. Why would they really?

• Like 1

Under 5s won't have a kids club for a long time. It will take this whole thing being under control. The question is when will they open them for 5-11 year olds. There has to be some minimum criteria for the number of vaccinated in that age group on the ship to make it worth it. Next they need to find staff to manage it. I think by Feb 1, the 5% rule will be mostly gone by requiring 5 and older to be vaccinated. The under 5's will make up that small percentage. Realistically though, Spring Break and Easter time will be the only big break where kids are out of school. Most cruises until Summer will have smaller number of kids on them. 

• Like 3

The buzz is - and this cannot be proven - come January, there will be no more exemptions for any reason. Vaccinated passengers only, with all the kids clubs open for ages 5 and up.  This is being posted on some other threads and on other social media groups. Now of course, that time of year is traditionally a brief low season before spring break ramps up so the number of school age kids on board is likely to be quite small, but this gives the cruise line time also to re-introduce the clubs with small groups, basically pilot groups before the ships get closer to capacity (hopefully for them) for spring and summer 2022.

I haven't been seeing anything suggesting the cruise lines are having trouble getting their international crew and staff back.  Their labor pool is quite different than that of the US hospitality industry which is struggling with shortages domestically. I don't think they will have a minimum number in order to open Camp Ocean, as it's a great amenity and it's rotten PR not to have it after ensuring 100% vaxx, but I could see them running a single group rather than separating into the 2 levels of Stingrays and Sharks.

YES I fully understand this, if accurate, means nobody aged 4 and under will be permitted on the ships which means some families can not vacation this way unless they are able and willing to lave the littles in someone else's care.  And that means disappointment for many but as @boozincruzinmentioned we are still some time away from under 5 kids clubs.

On 11/5/2021 at 4:03 AM, KmomChicago said:

The buzz is - and this cannot be proven - come January, there will be no more exemptions for any reason. Vaccinated passengers only, with all the kids clubs open for ages 5 and up.  This is being posted on some other threads and on other social media groups. Now of course, that time of year is traditionally a brief low season before spring break ramps up so the number of school age kids on board is likely to be quite small, but this gives the cruise line time also to re-introduce the clubs with small groups, basically pilot groups before the ships get closer to capacity (hopefully for them) for spring and summer 2022.

I haven't been seeing anything suggesting the cruise lines are having trouble getting their international crew and staff back.  Their labor pool is quite different than that of the US hospitality industry which is struggling with shortages domestically. I don't think they will have a minimum number in order to open Camp Ocean, as it's a great amenity and it's rotten PR not to have it after ensuring 100% vaxx, but I could see them running a single group rather than separating into the 2 levels of Stingrays and Sharks.

YES I fully understand this, if accurate, means nobody aged 4 and under will be permitted on the ships which means some families can not vacation this way unless they are able and willing to lave the littles in someone else's care.  And that means disappointment for many but as @boozincruzinmentioned we are still some time away from under 5 kids clubs.

I doubt they wouldn't have exemptions for 5 and under. The restart has worked very well with the model they put in place already. With 5-12 now having to be vaccinated to get on the ships its going to leading alot of families who don't feel comfortable getting their kids vaccinated so soon to cancel, especially for the first few months. I dont think they'll want to lose more money with alienating the 5-under families. Ive learned to tune the internet buzz out over the last year. 

On 11/5/2021 at 2:46 PM, pamesacruisin said:

Is the O2 club for teens open?

Idk which is the 02 club but only the oldest club was open on breeze. Just the one oldest age club. Even though kids 12 and up can get vaccinated it wasnt open for ages 12 which surprised me.

Maybe as above ..they simply dont have the crew hired yet.

13 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Idk which is the 02 club but only the oldest club was open on breeze. Just the one oldest age club. Even though kids 12 and up can get vaccinated it wasnt open for ages 12 which surprised me.

Maybe as above ..they simply dont have the crew hired yet.

02 is the oldest group, 15-17. My teen spent a buncha time there in August. 

I don't know if Circle C was open. . . I had assumed it would be as both of the teen clubs are mostly just hangouts with only limited planned events and activities and as you note, everyone age 12 and up onboard was supposed o be vaxxed and Circle C is age 12-14.