Real-Time Pre, During and Post Review of the NCL Joy, November 27, 2021 Sailing in the Haven

Sthrngary

I just looked again and she's headed for Miami.  I'll be happier when she arrives in Miami.

Happier for you when the cruise embarks Miami on the 20th for you and happiest when I'm on her on Dec 11.  I'll be cruising with you from Ct.  Have a wonderful time.

• Thanks 1

NCL Encore has left the New NCL Miami Terminal to anker out in the water.  There is what looks like a Royal C. ship in the NCL Miami Terminal.  The NCL Joy is just outside of Florida for docking in this terminal later today.  

All reports are the NCL Joy looks great, it tip top shape.  As we know, the ship had a $50 Million Dollar renovation to take it from the Asian to American Market in 2019 then due to Covid stop sailing.  Since this is a real time journal of sorts, this is some other things that I have noticed about both the November 20 and 27th sailing.  The NCL Haven suites are sold out on both sailings. 

Covid has affected most of us for two years.  Now with lower capacity, the cruise brands wanting to impress to sale more cabins, the ships maintained with new air filtration systems, and 100% fully vaccinated/pier testing for Covid.  All of this has allowed folks to upgrade to the Haven which I think is a wonderful situation. 

I has been my experience that new guest to the haven are so thrilled and excited that it is infections.  They never thought this would happen and enjoy every single minute.  I love being around that kind of attitude.  It makes my cruise.  The past Haven guest whom have been cancelled four time like myself have visualized the experience for two years. The crew want to please and are just happy to be back at work.  

This for every single guest whether in the Haven or not this cruise will be a "Once in a Life Time Cruise".  Everything we all have wanted.  Chairs by the pool, availabilities of restaurant reservations, policies for health/safety, less crowded and GREAT ATTITUDES.

Cruise well everyone. 

• Like 3

Looks like you were right on the timing of upgrade processing.  I am on the Encore 11/28 and just received an email that states ""Real time bidding has been opened on your cruise.  For a limited time and on select upgrade types, this special feature of the Upgrade Advantage Program will notify guests when they have been outbid for a specific upgrade type."  X category "is a very popular upgrade type, and other guests have made higher offers."  It then lets me update my offer.  So, clearly this means I have been outbid in at least one category, but since I bid on a few different rooms, I assume that I cannot assume anything about the other categories? I am more interested in some of the other rooms, so letting this one go is ok by me.  But, has anyone seen this Real Time Bidding before?  It's a bit confusing, are they just trying to drive me back to the updates page?  I suppose that makes sense from a revenue standpoint...Any thoughts are welcome

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just got upgrade to family villa in the haven from a balcony suite for this same sailing! Beyond excited. Me and my brother having a long overdue brothers trip. 

Been wanting to experience the haven for many years but it’s always been outta my price range. Beyond thrilled we have this chance. Not even sure where to begin or what to do to take full advantage of it. We will be on your same sailing it seems!

I think you posted another haven pro tip thread on here ? 
I’ve been avoiding it til now as to not get my hopes up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pieson said:

Just got upgrade to family villa in the haven from a balcony suite for this same sailing! Beyond excited. Me and my brother having a long overdue brothers trip. 

Been wanting to experience the haven for many years but it’s always been outta my price range. Beyond thrilled we have this chance. Not even sure where to begin or what to do to take full advantage of it. We will be on your same sailing it seems!

I think you posted another haven pro tip thread on here ? 
I’ve been avoiding it til now as to not get my hopes up. 

I did do an op-Ed on The Secrets of the NCL Haven VIP Experience.  Search the word Haven on cruise critic or Google and it will show up.  I will also respond if you ask me any question here.  My goal is everyone has a great time.

Cruise Well

• Like 2

On 11/15/2021 at 10:22 AM, Sthrngary said:

This morning, I booked four Covid-19 PCR tests for our local CVS for Wednesday, November 24, 2021.  It takes one to two days to get the results back.  In my area, it takes one day.  I am NOT doing this as a requirement of NCL, it is NOT.  I am not doing this to have NCL pay for quarantine if we test positive at the port, I have Travel Insurance.  I am doing this for my sanity and peace of mind.  

The one thing I know is, if one of my party of four is tested Positive at the port, no one in the party can cruise.  It is "All for one and one for all" type situation.  

I get it for sure,  our first experience on NCL is next year on the Prima inaugural.  We have 8 of us going and are already fretting over one negative test that ruins it for everyone.  Especially when it involves flights to Europe.  Travelling in these times isn’t for the faint at heart, that’s for sure.  We want this experience so bad that a cancellation for any reason will be heartbreaking.  Hopefully the testing is easy to coordinate by August. Enjoy your cruise , we’re all rooting for a successful cruise for you and your family. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Drews_Cruise said:

I get it for sure,  our first experience on NCL is next year on the Prima inaugural.  We have 8 of us going and are already fretting over one negative test that ruins it for everyone.  Especially when it involves flights to Europe.  Travelling in these times isn’t for the faint at heart, that’s for sure.  We want this experience so bad that a cancellation for any reason will be heartbreaking.  Hopefully the testing is easy to coordinate by August. Enjoy your cruise , we’re all rooting for a successful cruise for you and your family. 

Thank you.  I have told this story but if you might not know.  My wife and I were on a Crystal Cruises sailing in late August 2021.  8-Days prior she got "Breakthrough Covid".  That was disappointing because we obviously had to cancel the cruise and lose 50% (We had travel insurance to they made us whole).  It would have been worse if we were at the port ready to board. 

On your trip.  I envy you all going on Prima. That one will be one to remember.

Cruise well.

Hi, it’s great to see you again after seeing you on the summer Crystal cruise board! We have just booked a short little NCL cruise for January so I’m back on the NCL board. So we ended up getting Covid beginning of Sept, I’m wondering if we will need that letter from

board of Health in case we still show positive before our cruise. Did you end up getting a letter for your last cruise?

Sthrngary

I just saw in another post that the Joy is in Miami port. As we are cruising the week after you, I hope you will post the status of any covid issues - or lack thereof - while onboard.  I understand the Joy is clean and just hoping it stays that way. I will be following this thread for your comments.  thanks & happy sailing

27 minutes ago, kitty-sail said:

Sthrngary

I just saw in another post that the Joy is in Miami port. As we are cruising the week after you, I hope you will post the status of any covid issues - or lack thereof - while onboard.  I understand the Joy is clean and just hoping it stays that way. I will be following this thread for your comments.  thanks & happy sailing

Yes, I watched the Miami Terminal Webcam and the NCL Joy Webcam yesterday night.  Hard to believe.  To make you feel better, I was on the Crystal Serenity on the Sept 21, 2021 sailing.  Fully vaccinated, new air filtration system, test at the port.  The week previous to our there was on covid case, no spread.  

Happy to report back, and I hope those going out tomorrow will do the same thing.  Positive thoughts all around.

Cruise well.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mjh2w1 said:

What's with the coffee machine in the Horizon Lounge on the Joy?  It looks like it does various types of coffee, but just not sure of the details.

What features does it offer?  It's at the 2:00 minute mark on this video:  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mjh2w1 said:

What features does it offer?  It's at the 2:00 minute mark on this video:  

This machine is actually serving Starbucks Coffees.  Cappuccino, Expresso, and the list goes on.  The front screen is a touch screen, just press what you want and you are off to the races.  Many Internet Influences talk about this type of machine as one of the benefits of the Haven.  Because elsewhere you have to pay for Starbucks.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

This machine is actually serving Starbucks Coffees.  Cappuccino, Expresso, and the list goes on.  The front screen is a touch screen, just press what you want and you are off to the races.  Many Internet Influences talk about this type of machine as one of the benefits of the Haven.  Because elsewhere you have to pay for Starbucks.  

Nice

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

My wife just fell in more love with the Haven.  Our last cruise on Escape, 50% of our onboard charges were her getting her Starbucks.  Maybe this will bring it down a bit.

• Haha 2

November 22, 2021: And the Family Questions Begin, LOL.

Those that read my posts know I developed a 27 page Family Journey Document.  It has all information like flights, days, reservations, id's, passports, covid-19 test/barcodes, and the list goes on.  It was done several weeks ago.  I then got them printed.  All of this for the "Texts" I got this morning, 5 days before my cruise.  

The questions started with, "When is the Cruise?", "When is the flights?", "What is the brand of the air?", "What time do we leave the house?", "Why do we leave this early?".   

"NO CHANGES, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT. CALL YOUR CONGRESS PERSON!!!"

With a smile on my face, I sent the PDF copy of my document to my family.  I am done preparing and I am on Vacation Mode.  After I sent the document, I made myself a cup of coffee.  

Cruise well everyone. 

Edited by Sthrngary
  • Like 2
  • Haha 15

9 minutes ago, maryivo said:

I am also so looking forward to the Cavern club!  I cannot wait and I hope the concierge is able to get us up close as I heard it is difficult to get a good seat!  Love me some Beatles!

I don't believe the concierge can help us in the Cavern Club I am afraid.  I think it is first come, first served.  Yet, standing in this club gives a unique thrill as well.  Either way, going to be fun for sure.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

I don't believe the concierge can help us in the Cavern Club I am afraid.  I think it is first come, first served.  Yet, standing in this club gives a unique thrill as well.  Either way, going to be fun for sure.

I'll just have to get myself there early and park it!  We're on the April 9th sailing (Joy) out of Miami.  Can't wait to be in the Haven and on the ship in general! This has been a 4-year in progress cruise with all the interruptions.  Enjoy your cruise.

2 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

Yet, standing in this club gives a unique thrill as well.  Either way, going to be fun for sure.

So totally agree!!

When I sailed Encore in January 2020 I just walked into the Cavern Club one night literally 20 seconds before they kicked off their show and stood all of 3 feet in front of the guy doing George and had the best time.

Fun, fun show!

• Thanks 1