Vegan Food On Princess

jdacombe

4 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

I’m here for almost a month, I was working off the vegetarian menu which is beyond limited. 
I spoke with the restaurant manager, he said a vegan menu doesn’t exist on the CB and moving forward I just have to chat with him the night before and we’ll come up with a plan for the next day.

I just wanted to alert people at least on  this ship a separate Vegan menu doesn’t exist.

***I’m only a vegetarian but with that still don’t eat certain foods so i was hoping for options.

Why can't the food options be fleet wide? Good grief. We have a transatlantic booked on the CB for November 2024.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, nini said:

Why can't the food options be fleet wide? Good grief. We have a transatlantic booked on the CB for November 2024.

Right?!?! I was saying to my brother that at least with Royal Caribbean I know every single ship there is a vegan menu. I don't understand why Princess can't do the same. It's honestly the main reason I'm hesitant to book longer itineraries with them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TravelingBeyondBoundaries said:

Right?!?! I was saying to my brother that at least with Royal Caribbean I know every single ship there is a vegan menu. I don't understand why Princess can't do the same. It's honestly the main reason I'm hesitant to book longer itineraries with them.

I typically "make do", but staff bend over backwards for gluten free and diabetics. We are truly no different. I did not plan to have genetics that create a cholesterol manufacturing physical body!!!

If the tables were turned, they would " get it".

Edited by nini
Additional words

5 hours ago, Napagirl said:

I have found that to be the case! One Princess cruise we had a vegan host in the MDR and my meals were spectacular!

I hope you gave that host a write up as someone who made your cruise special.

1 hour ago, TravelingBeyondBoundaries said:

No vegan menu on Celebrity either. 
We always have to rely on getting a good waiter or Head Waiter. 
(Although we’ve had good luck about 90% of the time on Princess and Celebrity. It’s MUCH better than what happens in restaurants on land. ) 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2023 at 12:11 AM, Napagirl said:

We are now looking at booking the Crown and this time we'll be in the MDR. In previous years on Princess I've done well in the MDR by talking to the headwaiter in the beginning and getting things customized. It seems like the vegan menus vary wildly from ship to ship. Curious to see what is happening on the Crown.

We have just booked Crown for next October and have also noticed the MDR approach seems to vary from ship to ship. Our TA wrote the following on our booking confirmation

"Princess Cruises have noted Nicole's Vegan dietary requirement and asked me to pass on the following

information. Please be advised: Vegetarian items are designated on our dining room menus with a 'V' and

vegetarian selections are featured in all dining locations, including the buffet. Although we do not offer a vegan menu, some vegetarian selections may be suitable to your requirements. Certain menu items, but not all, may be

modified to accommodate your diet. Tofu, egg-free pasta and vegetarian burgers are available onboard and can

be prepared in a variety of styles. Please liaise with your Head Waiter or the Maitre d' Hotel upon boarding to

confirm suitable selections."

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, chamima said:

No vegan menu on Celebrity either. 
We always have to rely on getting a good waiter or Head Waiter. 
(Although we’ve had good luck about 90% of the time on Princess and Celebrity. It’s MUCH better than what happens in restaurants on land. ) 

Just got off Celebrity Silhouette and first two nights ordered directly from a vegetarian menu. They then asked if we would pre order each night to make things easier for them. After dinner the head waiter brought the daily menu for the next night along with the vegetarian and the vegan menu. Lots of choice, amazing food!!!

We're on the Sapphire Princess next week, hoping there will be a vegetarian menu. Could be the deciding factor for our next cruise. Will report back.

My son had very mixed experiences last August, in the IC he saw a pie advertised as vegan, when he selected it he found that the pastry had been egg washed, he queried this and to Princess's credit they changed the title to Vegetarian.

He had mixed experience in the MDR, on two occasions he received some very good vegan food, however on one of the formal nights he received food containing dairy products and was offered unsatisfactory alternatives, he ended up with a salad and a vegan dessert. Had no problem when eating at Alfredos.

6 hours ago, jdacombe said:

My son had very mixed experiences last August, in the IC he saw a pie advertised as vegan, when he selected it he found that the pastry had been egg washed, he queried this and to Princess's credit they changed the title to Vegetarian.

He had mixed experience in the MDR, on two occasions he received some very good vegan food, however on one of the formal nights he received food containing dairy products and was offered unsatisfactory alternatives, he ended up with a salad and a vegan dessert. Had no problem when eating at Alfredos.

What did your son order at Alfredo's? Did he just opt for no cheese? Actually, I am fine with just the tomato base and lots of veggies.

1 hour ago, nini said:

What did your son order at Alfredo's? Did he just opt for no cheese? Actually, I am fine with just the tomato base and lots of veggies.

Yes, I believe he asked for no cheese toppings. He was quite impressed with tge quality of the food there. Actually it was Zizis@on the Enchanted 

• 4 weeks later...

Going on the Crown Princess in August and really hoping they can accommodate me and my daughter. We are going on Royal in July and excited to try their new vegan options. We are on Princess for 11 nights so it's going to be a long cruise if we don't have many options lol

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TravelingBeyondBoundaries said:

Going on the Crown Princess in August and really hoping they can accommodate me and my daughter. We are going on Royal in July and excited to try their new vegan options. We are on Princess for 11 nights so it's going to be a long cruise if we don't have many options lol

I'll be on the Crown in October so fingers crossed! Will you please come back to the thread and let us know?

3 minutes ago, TravelingBeyondBoundaries said:

Definitely! I'll also be taking pictures lol

I'm reading a thread reporting from the Crown, an Alaska cruise. I see a few options here and there when they post the menus. I usually do fine on Princess by letting our server in the MDR know I'm vegan - but that was pre-pause. Our last cruise we only ate in the buffet. So this will be the test!

4 hours ago, Napagirl said:

I'm reading a thread reporting from the Crown, an Alaska cruise. I see a few options here and there when they post the menus. I usually do fine on Princess by letting our server in the MDR know I'm vegan - but that was pre-pause. Our last cruise we only ate in the buffet. So this will be the test!

I just wish that they would broaden their horizons from Indian food and eggplant. I am allergic to eggplant.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2023 at 11:13 PM, nini said:

I just wish that they would broaden their horizons from Indian food and eggplant. I am allergic to eggplant.

On the Grand they came up with all kinds of delicious vegan options including soups and desserts! I don't think I had eggplant once.

3 hours ago, Napagirl said:

On the Grand they came up with all kinds of delicious vegan options including soups and desserts! I don't think I had eggplant once.

Nice! I am.looking forward to some great vegan dishes on the Sky beginning June 3.  I love mushrooms so we shall see. Someone posted a menu that had some yummy looking dishes.

• Like 1

We were on Crown in April. My husband is a vegan with other dietary requirements. We let the restaurant manager know in advance as well as any specialty dining we did.  We were on a 15 day cruise, so while there were Indian dishes (which he likes) there were plenty of other creative and delicious options for him.  There were even vegan options at the poolside grill and plenty at the buffet. Enjoy your cruise! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Familycruzer11 said:

We were on Crown in April. My husband is a vegan with other dietary requirements. We let the restaurant manager know in advance as well as any specialty dining we did.  We were on a 15 day cruise, so while there were Indian dishes (which he likes) there were plenty of other creative and delicious options for him.  There were even vegan options at the poolside grill and plenty at the buffet. Enjoy your cruise! 

I'm so very happy to hear this!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Familycruzer11 said:

@Familycruzer11 When did you speak with the restaurant manager?

1 minute ago, nini said:

@Familycruzer11 When did you speak with the restaurant manager?

We always do this on embarkation day in MDR (we usually do Club Class/Reserve, but same idea) and 24-48 hours ahead of any specialty dining.  If they have ample notice, they can accommodate very well.  I know we put vegan in the profile, but it isn't enough - have to talk to Restaurant Manager and ask for same wait staff as possible for seating if you can. 

In the buffet, we never accept "i think it is vegan' from the serving staff- we ask them to make sure with the chef and they always do and the chef will confirm if something is indeed vegan.   it would be nice if things were properly labeled vegan, vegetarian, etc  -- not there yet I guess, but moving in the right direction with expanded and creative options.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Familycruzer11 said:

We always do this on embarkation day in MDR (we usually do Club Class/Reserve, but same idea) and 24-48 hours ahead of any specialty dining.  If they have ample notice, they can accommodate very well. 

In the MDR, did they bring out a menu each night for the following night's dining to sort of plan it out?

8 minutes ago, Napagirl said:

In the MDR, did they bring out a menu each night for the following night's dining to sort of plan it out?

They did do that for our 2022 Cruise - my husband would look at a dish and ask if it could be done vegan, and it would be, or some variation.  They did not do that on the last cruise. Instead the restaurant manager would discuss what they planned for the following evening to make sure it was to his liking.  There were a couple of times my husband asked for something else and they accommodated.  We also made sure to tell the MDR if we had a specialty restaurant booked so they would not go to the trouble. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Familycruzer11 said:

We always do this on embarkation day in MDR (we usually do Club Class/Reserve, but same idea) and 24-48 hours ahead of any specialty dining.  If they have ample notice, they can accommodate very well.  I know we put vegan in the profile, but it isn't enough - have to talk to Restaurant Manager and ask for same wait staff as possible for seating if you can. 

In the buffet, we never accept "i think it is vegan' from the serving staff- we ask them to make sure with the chef and they always do and the chef will confirm if something is indeed vegan.   it would be nice if things were properly labeled vegan, vegetarian, etc  -- not there yet I guess, but moving in the right direction with expanded and creative options.

Thank you. I only need where I can say vegetarian for my preferences. The word  "vegan" puts everyone in a tailspin.