Any one on rccl anthem of the sea?

On 11/11/2021 at 5:54 PM, matt1 said:

Anthem of the Seas has departed Coco Cay, and now will have two days at sea before pulling back into Bayonne…

56916052-BD4C-4277-B897-6C978725A818.jpeg

😁

I hate to tell you but be prepared for a very chilly arrival sunday morning.  Catch all the warmth you can before then.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tomahawk246 said:

I am on Anthem next week starting this Sunday, what are some of the possibilities that will happen for next weeks cruise? Is it possible that they will cancel the cruise?

Sounds like it maybe some entertainment staff that tested positive since they cancelled spectra and were for now.   

Or could be they loaded on new crew that has to go through their quarantine period.  Many reasons for a code yellow.

They know how to deal with this and quarantining I highly doubt your cruise would be cancelled.  

3 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Wore the material band on 2 recent cruises. 1st cruise had them put on right wrist, mistake, ends hanging down were getting into my food. Some folks cut ends off. 2nd cruise put on left wrist & no problem. So light would forget I even had it on. Dried quickly. 

I think you have it correct. I have read many comments about the band getting in food and being wet. I wore the band on my left wrist and had no issue eating nor do I recall it being noticeable much less bothersome when in the pool, hot tub or showering on my recent cruise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I hate to tell you but be prepared for a very chilly arrival sunday morning.  Catch all the warmth you can before then.

I did a 9-nt Bahamas out of Baltimore on Celebrity Mercury back in December 2010. We didn’t hit warm weather on the way down until Nassau, after the two port stops before that (Charleston SC high temp of 32°, and Key West sunrise temp of 46°) failed to rid us of our coats and scarfs. It was an unusual cold snap that hit way down into the Deep South that year! On the way back, the two sea days were definitely cold enough for blankets topside.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, matt1 said:

I did a 9-nt Bahamas out of Baltimore on Celebrity Mercury back in December 2010. We didn’t hit warm weather on the way down until Nassau, after the two port stops before that (Charleston SC high temp of 32°, and Key West sunrise temp of 46°) failed to rid us of our coats and scarfs. It was an unusual cold snap that hit way down into the Deep South that year! On the way back, the two sea days were definitely cold enough for blankets topside.

I remember cruising during that cold snap too.  It was so cold in Tampa the day we disembarked that we could see our breath!  We had weather warm enough to swim on only one day of the cruise in Roatan.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

I remember cruising during that cold snap too.  It was so cold in Tampa the day we disembarked that we could see our breath!  We had weather warm enough to swim on only one day of the cruise in Roatan.

We had black ice on the decks that morning when Celebrity Mercury pulled into Charleston. It was “only” 32°, but that type of windy cold that just bites right through to the bone…

999DBD26-E08A-41C8-A810-42BAC2006339.jpeg

11 minutes ago, mets123 said:

Please........stop with the positioning updates, I'm sure if anyone is interested, they could check.

I was just trying to be helpful to those who maybe don’t know how, or don’t have the smartphone/computer programs to check. Even Chengkp75 said on a different thread that he trusted CruiseMapper the least, and at least Marine Traffic (not everyone has a subscription) gets very frequent updates via satellite of a ship’s positions.

But, if it bothers you that much, I will stop.

Sorry it has become such a problem. 

😎

Just now, matt1 said:

I was just trying to be helpful to those who maybe don’t know how, or don’t have the smartphone/computer programs to check. Even Chengkp75 said on a different thread that he trusted CruiseMapper the least, and at least Marine Traffic (not everyone has a subscription) gets very frequent updates via satellite of a ship’s positions.

😎

The whole point of this thread is to follow Anthem and everything else that has to do with ship. I say YOU DO YOU.

BTW I enjoy the updates and the dailies. Hoping the next sailing ppl start to post pictures!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, alexgtp said:

The whole point of this thread is to follow Anthem and everything else that has to do with ship. I say YOU DO YOU.

BTW I enjoy the updates and the dailies. Hoping the next sailing ppl start to post pictures!

Agree, if he does not want to read, just pass it by.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, welshrich said:

It was Joff Eaton when she sailed the UK cruises, they usually do 4 months on so it maybe still him.

No Joff got off in Southampton and is now back home.

Struggling to understand how Anthem has the big C - the whole purpose of sailing over empty was that there was no possibility of infection amongst the staff.   I understood that any new staff who boarded in the USA had flown into USA early to complete quarantine in a hotel there.

2 hours ago, matt1 said:

😎

And the survey says,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Keep up the position updates!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Matt1's excitement is very contageous!😁 I am enjoying his bits and pieces of info. I will also be looking forward to comparing notes whe he is actually on the ship and posting live. (hope you are goign to do that Matt1?)That would be one heck of a live report! We are on the Thanksgiving cruise.

• Like 1

Anybody know which sea days, if any, we'll be able to sun out on the deck?  Hoping to be able to sit out the day after we leave Nassau for Bayonne.  Forgot to mention we're on the 11/28 sailing.

Edited by Luv2Crus40
Addition.

9 minutes ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

Anybody know which sea days, if any, we'll be able to sun out on the deck?  Hoping to be able to sit out the day after we leave Nassau for Bayonne.  Forgot to mention we're on the 11/28 sailing.

Don't plan on any.  Be happy if you can.  Assuming you are leaving Nassau late in the afternoon and you're hoping for the next day.  By then you will be further north.  Usually anything north of the Carolinas will be cool.  That doesn't mean that if the sun is out you can't enjoy a walk with a jacket.