Options for Covid test pre=cruise

Nebr.cruiser

8 hours ago, photomikey said:

145,000 out of how many?  I see you listed the numerator - what's the denominator?

8 hours ago, photomikey said:

145,000 out of how many?  I see you listed the numerator - what's the denominator?

Not quite sure what you mean.  That was simply the number of new cases for a day last week.  It’s trending down which is good.  95,000 new cases yesterday in this country.  I hope they drop the requirements as well, but I wouldn’t count on it anytime soon.  

9 hours ago, bdstickks0944 said:

Not quite sure what you mean.  That was simply the number of new cases for a day last week.  It’s trending down which is good.  95,000 new cases yesterday in this country.  I hope they drop the requirements as well, but I wouldn’t count on it anytime soon.  

It's <52,000 new cases in the US yesterday per the New York Times, but that number is no longer important given the lack of severity of the dominant strain. Many of those could be asymptomatic or just runny noses.

Hospitalizations are down 43% in the last 2 weeks. That's a more relevant stat, though even that is cloudy as it doesn't necessarily mean one was hospitalized due to covid.

Bottom line, all the metrics, relevant or not, are going in the right direction--and quickly.

• Like 2

Question for those who have actually done the NAVICA proctored test sold by Celebrity.  I will need to do this test on Thursday.  I have downloaded the NAVICA app.   Do I absolutely need an emed account as well?  I’m seeing conflicting Info regarding what I need to have ready for this Abbott lab test.  Thanks so much! 

4 minutes ago, ATLfuzzy said:

Question for those who have actually done the NAVICA proctored test sold by Celebrity.  I will need to do this test on Thursday.  I have downloaded the NAVICA app.   Do I absolutely need an emed account as well?  I’m seeing conflicting Info regarding what I need to have ready for this Abbott lab test.  Thanks so much! 

Yes, you must set up an account to take the test. It can be done at the start of your test if you don't want to do it ahead of time.

6 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Yes, you must set up an account to take the test. It can be done at the start of your test if you don't want to do it ahead of time.

Aha.  So navica is just to view the test results?   Emed is where you “do” the test?  Is that right.  And thank ya! 

56 minutes ago, ATLfuzzy said:

I've done the test three times. This gets confusing. 

Abbott is the company that makes the test.

Navica is the app/company that stores your personal info and connects it to your test.

EMed is the company that proctors the test. They also sell tests directly.

Optum Store sells tests.

You DO need a Navica account to login (at eMed.com, see attached screenshot), test, and get your results. You DO NOT need an eMed account. That's used only for buying tests through them.

Screenshot_20220304-102026.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ATLfuzzy said:

Aha.  So navica is just to view the test results?   Emed is where you “do” the test?  Is that right.  And thank ya! 

Yes, and as part of the process where you "do" the test on emed.com, you will either login to your existing Navica account or create one if you don't already have one.

My advice thus far in dealing with CVS websites is to NOT use CVS to schedule a test. Thus far trying to set up the appropriate accounts has been a nightmare. Been at it for hours last night and again today. Talked to 5 different reps. NOone seems to be able to help with the problem that the system claims they do not have enough info to verify my wife's identity in order to set up an account. Go somewhere else. 

So much information here! Thank you all ☺️
I haven’t seen this answer so forgive me if it’s already been answered someplace in these 22 pages 🥴 For those of you that have used CVS…

We have tests scheduled at CVS for Wednesday before a Friday cruise. It’s the Rapid Antigen test. Will they send me a text or email with the results? And, is that proof good enough to use to board the ship? Or, do I have to create an account with CVS for each of us? 

20 hours ago, RichYak said:

Yes, and as part of the process where you "do" the test on emed.com, you will either login to your existing Navica account or create one if you don't already have one.

Thanks for calcification.

One further question if I may………..

I don’t need an appointment right? I just log into my NAVICA account at the time I want to take the test and follow the links through to the online video proctor?

TIA

1 hour ago, zanderblue said:

Thanks for calcification.

One further question if I may………..

I don’t need an appointment right? I just log into my NAVICA account at the time I want to take the test and follow the links through to the online video proctor?

TIA

It's first come first serve and the wait times are very short.

• Like 1

Won't it be nice when this thread goes away someday?  Sigh.

We're getting ready to order the proctored tests.  I did note a while back that someone said they had an issue with the liquid portion of the proctored tests being missing/dried up.  Has anyone else had that issue or was it one of those very unusual circumstances?

28 minutes ago, Vagabond Knight said:

We're getting ready to order the proctored tests.  I did note a while back that someone said they had an issue with the liquid portion of the proctored tests being missing/dried up.  Has anyone else had that issue or was it one of those very unusual circumstances?

I was one who had that issue back in October. To my knowledge, that is no longer a problem. The reagent used to come in a very small bottle with a twist-off cap. It now comes in a fully sealed plastic container where you break it open by twisting off the top.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Vagabond Knight said:

I had a test that was missing the testing card.  Fortunately I had an extra test with me.  The proctor witnessed me opening the test, and the missing card, but was able to allow going forward with the back up test.  Always carry one extra just in case.    I was able to request a replacement test from Optum.  That expiration date is Jan 2023. 

• Like 2

Does anyone know if a UK resident can get an antigen test at either Walgreens or CVS when I go to CVS it recognises we are in UK and I cannot enter their website.

When I go to Walgreens it says I have to provide my state and insurance details can I pay it myself?

If I can get an antigen test any idea of the cost

We are departing San Diego in May 

On 3/4/2022 at 10:34 AM, Ipeeinthepools said:

No you need a test 2 days before your departure date.  Thursday is fine for a Saturday departure.

question.  If we are boarding the vessel in Europe (ie Spain or Italy) can we still do this online and if so, do we have to wait for US office hours?  TIA

2 hours ago, mitz18 said:

question.  If we are boarding the vessel in Europe (ie Spain or Italy) can we still do this online and if so, do we have to wait for US office hours?  TIA

You can, and if you are referring to the Navica/Emed test, it's 24/7.