Options for Covid test pre=cruise

Nebr.cruiser

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

You can, and if you are referring to the Navica/Emed test, it's 24/7.

Just looked and the one we have is made by Abbott and came from the Celebrity site link - it's called BinaxNOW.  The box indicates we need to have the Navica App & for questions call Emed.

1 hour ago, mitz18 said:

Just looked and the one we have is made by Abbott and came from the Celebrity site link - it's called BinaxNOW.  The box indicates we need to have the Navica App & for questions call Emed.

That's the test I was referring to.

My husband and I did our proctored Abbott Covid test today.  You do need to have a sign-in set up for the Navica app.  The whole process took around 25 minutes.  No wait to be connected to the proctor.  Just followed their directions and waited the 15 minutes for the test process and then maybe 5 minutes to get the results.  Do not open the box ahead of time as they will watch you opening it.  Also, have your drivers license or other form of official ID so they can confirm your identity.  I will say that it is helpful to have a second person available as you have to use your phone while they watch you opening the supplies and it's not easy with just 2 hands.  

• Like 1

What's not clear is what they mean by "Cruises wil be uploaded no later than March 10,2022". Right now as you can see at the bottom of the instructions, there are only a few cruises listed.

Instructions for Your Travel Authorisation Application: 

Step 1: You may begin your travel authorisation application form by clicking the “Apply for Travel Authorisation” button at the bottom of this page. Cruise dates will be added to the application form shortly, and no later than 10 March 2022.

If you are an adult travelling with children under 18 years old, complete your Travel Authorisation first, then complete a Travel Authorisation for each of the children travelling with you.

You do not need to complete a Travel Authorisation for children under 2 years old.

Step 2: Complete the application form and upload proof of vaccination.

Step 3: Pay $40 to complete and save your Travel Authorisation application. Only Visa and Mastercard credit cards are accepted (no American Express). Before saving your application, please verify that the email address entered on your application form is correct.

Step 4: Your application will be stored until the departure date listed on your application. Four days before your scheduled departure to Bermuda, you will receive a reminder email to upload your pre-travel negative test result to complete your travel Authorisation application. A link will be provided to allow you to return to your application form. You must submit your completed application at least 1 day before your scheduled departure. Once submitted, your application will be reviewed by the Quarantine Authority.

If approved, the Quarantine Authority will email your approved Travel Authorisation. All travellers must have an electronic or paper copy of the Travel Authorisation to travel. If you do not receive your Travel Authorisation email, check your junk/spam folder to make sure the Travel Authorisation is not there.

Non-residents who do not submit a valid pre-arrival test result will be notified by email that their test is not valid and will be given the opportunity to submit a valid result. If a traveller cannot submit a valid test result, they will be denied a Travel Authorisation and will not be able to travel to Bermuda

Step 5: Upon arrival to Bermuda, have your Travel Authorisation available electronically or printed for scanning by port health and immigration.

For any queries, contact Bermuda's COVID hotline at +1 (441) 444-2498 or on Toll Free Number (1-833-570-2594) or via email at TAapprovals@gov.bm

transparent.png 

TRAVEL AUTHORISATION APPLICATION

Bermuda Travel Authorisation (By Sea) (Cruise Passenger) 

Click below to begin your Travel Authorisation Application

APPLY FOR TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION

Please select your cruise

INSIGNIA
MARINA
NORWEGIAN EPIC
NORWEGIAN PEARL
RIVIERA
SEVEN SEAS EXPLORER
SEVEN SEAS SPLENDOR

1 hour ago, wildcats40 said:

My husband and I did our proctored Abbott Covid test today.  You do need to have a sign-in set up for the Navica app.  The whole process took around 25 minutes.  No wait to be connected to the proctor.  Just followed their directions and waited the 15 minutes for the test process and then maybe 5 minutes to get the results.  Do not open the box ahead of time as they will watch you opening it.  Also, have your drivers license or other form of official ID so they can confirm your identity.  I will say that it is helpful to have a second person available as you have to use your phone while they watch you opening the supplies and it's not easy with just 2 hands.  

We've used them several times travelling. Easier to use if you have a laptop and a phone as well, that being said we have done the tests sitting at a bar in the BVI's with just our phone.

• Like 1

I have plan a and plan b for testing if still required by the time we sail  (both have their issues for non US residents without US credit cards and no social security number) but does anyone have experience or has seen evidence of how the dockside on the day testing is working as a back up for UK visitors?  I am getting no response from COVID Testing LLC or Celebrity about the process (I've "registered") and it would put my mind at rest if someone had seen evidence the it was taking place in Tampa at embarkation.

Still waiting to see what the UK requires for travel from the US and pre-cruise testing for our August cruise out of Southampton.   We have not made flight arrangements yet.  We will probably have to find a pre-cruise test site there unless we can use the proctored method after we arrive there.  We will see if a pre-cruise test period will be 48 hr or switch to 72 hr or just be eliminated by late August.  

18 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Still waiting to see what the UK requires for travel from the US and pre-cruise testing for our August cruise out of Southampton.   We have not made flight arrangements yet.  We will probably have to find a pre-cruise test site there unless we can use the proctored method after we arrive there.  We will see if a pre-cruise test period will be 48 hr or switch to 72 hr or just be eliminated by late August.  

We used the Regenerative Clinic in Southampton very central in the Westquay Centre (SU67, between New Look and Krispy Kreme), Harbour Parade, Southampton SO15 1QF

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, whoshwhosh said:

I am getting confused with which Walgreens testing options are acceptable to Celebrity.  The only testing option with a Walgreens near me is the RAPID NAAT with a 2 hour response time. Will that be OK?

All of the covid tests administered by Walgreens and CVS are acceptable.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 6:27 AM, jerseylily said:

I have plan a and plan b for testing if still required by the time we sail  (both have their issues for non US residents without US credit cards and no social security number) but does anyone have experience or has seen evidence of how the dockside on the day testing is working as a back up for UK visitors?  I am getting no response from COVID Testing LLC or Celebrity about the process (I've "registered") and it would put my mind at rest if someone had seen evidence the it was taking place in Tampa at embarkation.

No one at CVS or Walgreens is going to ask for your citizenship, social security number or credit card. Testing is free.  You need a US address, but you can use your hotels or a friends/families.  You also need an email address and a US phone number, but you can use a Google voice number or again a friends or families.  They will get your results texted to them but you will also receive an email.  That's how you do it online, you can probably call to get past the US number thing.  I am American but my partner is British. We go back and forth all the time and we both use CVS.  The US wants anyone in the Country to have access to free testing since it's in the nations best interest to know who has it.

• Like 2

We have the Abbott tests on order. Our Quest won't set up an appointment unless you have a doctor's referral. Any suggestions on how to have a back-up plan in guess there is a problem getting the Abbott results back in time? We live in NYC and are going to be in Fort Lauderdale the day before the cruise. Greatly appreciate any suggestions.

10 hours ago, carsail1260 said:

No one at CVS or Walgreens is going to ask for your citizenship, social security number or credit card. Testing is free.  You need a US address, but you can use your hotels or a friends/families.  You also need an email address and a US phone number, but you can use a Google voice number or again a friends or families.  They will get your results texted to them but you will also receive an email.  That's how you do it online, you can probably call to get past the US number thing.  I am American but my partner is British. We go back and forth all the time and we both use CVS.  The US wants anyone in the Country to have access to free testing since it's in the nations best interest to know who has it.

Thank you for your response.  Still nothing from celebrity or the test company in Tampa. Very disappointing.  A bit like our July 21 cruise. But your explanation of process is comforting.  There is a Walgreens near our hotel but not offering a rapid test and over the Easter weekend don't want to risk not getting the results but CVS a bit further out (30 min) is offering rapid test so will fire up my VPN and get a slot.  I will also set up a Google Voice option....oppps tired to download but not available in our country! I will have to see who will accept a text perhaps someone at the hotel.

Edited by jerseylily

8 hours ago, Slyfox16 said:

We live in NYC and are going to be in Fort Lauderdale the day before the cruise. Greatly appreciate any suggestions.

NYCer here. Plenty of options besides Quest or pharmacies.

The LabQ vans have always gotten my results back to me in 24 hours. Quick and easy.

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

NYCer here. Plenty of options besides Quest or pharmacies.

The LabQ vans have always gotten my results back to me in 24 hours. Quick and easy.

We will be staying at NYC Mariott Marquis before our May 23rd Summit sailing.  I hope to use these vans if still there in May.  We will be doing the rapid 1 hour antigen test for our sailing. Thank you for the information!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RichYak said:

All of the covid tests administered by Walgreens and CVS are acceptable.

I was wondering about that. When I go onto CVS website for an Antigen test it states not acceptable for travel?  Celebrity is accepting them?  TIA

Just now, Journey21 said:

I was wondering about that. When I go onto CVS website for an Antigen test it states not acceptable for travel?  Celebrity is accepting them?  TIA

I believe it says not accepted for "most" or "all" travel. If it doesn't, it should. It's accepted for cruise ships.

48 minutes ago, kathymom34 said:

We will be staying at NYC Mariott Marquis before our May 23rd Summit sailing.  I hope to use these vans if still there in May.  We will be doing the rapid 1 hour antigen test for our sailing. Thank you for the information!

You're welcome! Make sure the van says LabQ - they are usually black or white. There are a lot of pop-up tents - I don't know about the others, but LabQ is always quick and you get an email and text to access your results.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, jerseylily said:

Thank you for your response.  Still nothing from celebrity or the test company in Tampa. Very disappointing.  A bit like our July 21 cruise. But your explanation of process is comforting.  There is a Walgreens near our hotel but not offering a rapid test and over the Easter weekend don't want to risk not getting the results but CVS a bit further out (30 min) is offering rapid test so will fire up my VPN and get a slot.  I will also set up a Google Voice option....oppps tired to download but not available in our country! I will have to see who will accept a text perhaps someone at the hotel.

Yes, you need a US number.

12 hours ago, carsail1260 said:

Yes, you need a US number.

Thanks for your help on this I did a test booking and it accepted my mobile number so I am hoping that might work and I probably wouldn't get a text but would get the email.  Google Voice doesn't work non UK but I might try via VPN and or a Skype number. What a faff! But I'm feeling a bit better I have a plan b if WiFi let's us down on the proctored test.  UK dropping final travel requirements and form filling.  British Airways dropping masks but only were destination law supports so not US at the moment.