Black Friday Sale, 2021

I thought I could start a thread dedicated to talking about this year's Black Friday sale.

Rumors and guesses are welcome, especially since that's all we have at this point.

I haven't bought any on board packages yet for our November 28th cruise. I'm hopeful that some items that we are really interested in might be on sale for the Black Friday sale.

Given that our cruise leaves on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, one question I have is how late can we purchase on board options in the cruise planner? The other question is obviously when do you think the Black Friday sale will actually start?

I know that they may not put anything on sale that we are interested in, and that if we really want something we should just go ahead and lock it in. We aren't tempted by the current offerings at the current prices, so we aren't losing anything by waiting.

Thoughts, guesses, recommended strategy?

• Like 4

I believe you have to book 48 hours before your sailing.    BF sales have started on thanksgiving day, I think some teaser sale started Wednesday night in the past.

I'm hoping to see some great prices for wifi and cococay beach club.  We had pd $46.99 pp on a couple cruises that were cancelled, would love to see a lot less than $180 pp.

I have some other items booked that i was ok with the price but if on sale I will definitely redo them.

• Like 3

I'll be looking for spa deals, and maybe dining packages. We will already have two bogo specialty dining offers, so right now we're good with two dinners in specialty restaurants and the rest in the MDR or other free options. But if the price drops on some of those packages, we might get one.

5 hours ago, cruisin from florida said:

I thought I could start a thread dedicated to talking about this year's Black Friday sale.

Rumors and guesses are welcome, especially since that's all we have at this point.

I haven't bought any on board packages yet for our November 28th cruise. I'm hopeful that some items that we are really interested in might be on sale for the Black Friday sale.

Given that our cruise leaves on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, one question I have is how late can we purchase on board options in the cruise planner? The other question is obviously when do you think the Black Friday sale will actually start?

I know that they may not put anything on sale that we are interested in, and that if we really want something we should just go ahead and lock it in. We aren't tempted by the current offerings at the current prices, so we aren't losing anything by waiting.

Thoughts, guesses, recommended strategy?

Good topic. Thanks for starting it.

On 11/10/2021 at 9:26 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

I believe you have to book 48 hours before your sailing.    BF sales have started on thanksgiving day, I think some teaser sale started Wednesday night in the past.

I'm hoping to see some great prices for wifi and cococay beach club.  We had pd $46.99 pp on a couple cruises that were cancelled, would love to see a lot less than $180 pp.

I have some other items booked that i was ok with the price but if on sale I will definitely redo them.

Last couple of years the sales started on the Monday of Thanksgiving week, and were constant through Cyber Monday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Everything for our sailing mysteriously increased about 10% in price over the last couple of weeks. I imagine they'll discount things enough that it'll be the same sale price its been for months now. I certainly hope this isn't the case, but its looking likely.

• Like 9

57 minutes ago, alchemist4 said:

Everything for our sailing mysteriously increased about 10% in price over the last couple of weeks. I imagine they'll discount things enough that it'll be the same sale price its been for months now. I certainly hope this isn't the case, but its looking likely.

Ive seen this trend with retailers as well. Price hike days leading up to a "sale". 

• Like 1

Hoping for a good deal on the refreshment/deluxe beverage packages. (Currently booked just Soda packages) I would also like to see if the 3 specialty dinner package moves a little. It has been stuck on 109.00 forever. We booked the UDP for 168.00 already, but not too keen on the repeating we will do.. 3 would be best, but the price is just not right. Maybe a killer deal on a photo package.

• Like 1

Just now, Niko627 said:

I am hoping for some good deals. I want to book an Alaskan cruise for Sep. 2022 for our 5 year anniversary. Do you think I should book now while it’s 30% off each guest or should I wait for the Black Friday sale?

Book it now and if it goes down just get it repriced. This way you get your room that you want now before the rush.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Smt1315 said:

If you book now to reserve the cabin, but then the Black Friday promo is double points, can you call in and get the double points promotion?

It might be limited to new bookings....it's always in the fine print.

16 hours ago, alchemist4 said:

I looked at my cruise today 11/17/21 and the cruise has jumped up $70 in cost.

1 person park view balcony, do I get a Butler with that increase?

• Haha 2

I hope everyone has been monitoring their cruise and all the prices. 

Make sure you look at PRICE! don't fall for the up to 20%-30%-40% nonsense. 

Example. 

For my NYE trip I have been monitoring:

Beverage package: Base price was $61,  Lowest I saw was $53 (which I purchased months ago) currently at $64. > Bet the black Friday price will be $60..😂

If it drops under $50 I will definately cancel and re-purchase at a lower price.

• Like 2

My wish list:

1. Double points if booked by December 2021

2. $40 sale on all excursions

3. $150 sale on UDP, 7 night cruises; $75 sale 3 night dining

4. Kids sail free

5. $60 massages - 60 minutes

6. Buy one cabin, double occupancy; get a second cabin FREE

7. Some kind of amenity package like - Wifi plus Deluxe Beverage $65/day, Wifi and Refreshment package $50/day.

I know this is kind of extreme, but Black Friday deals use to be extreme. LOL!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2