Misspelled name on Vac card???

FlamingJune1967

While I was taking photos of our vaccine cards for check-in, I realized that both our cards have a misspelled last name - Our last name is Andersen, but the cards have Anderson.  Does anyone think this will be a problem?  I'm not sure how the vaccine cards work - is the number from the little sticker tied in with our identity some how?

If anyone knows, I'd appreciate the help!

I think the number on the little sticker is tied to your identity. You should be able to get a duplicate card from the entity which gave you the first one and they can probably make the correction. In my case the county health department sent a duplicate card and also a letter which referenced the batch and dose number I received. I think that is all on file and you should get this corrected

• Like 1

When I went for my booster, my vax card was a mess as the two prior shots were from different places.  They had not put my full name or a birth date and one used a sticker that covered up the rest of the card.  

The booster nurse was happy to redo it and gave me a new card with all the data.  If you feel uncomfortable correcting it yourself, just ask them for a re-do.

Edited by cunn9004
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, FlamingJune1967 said:

While I was taking photos of our vaccine cards for check-in, I realized that both our cards have a misspelled last name - Our last name is Andersen, but the cards have Anderson.  Does anyone think this will be a problem?  I'm not sure how the vaccine cards work - is the number from the little sticker tied in with our identity some how?

Your state health department can send you a duplicate record but not sure if it will send a corrected record - perhaps so but it might take some back and forth.  Maybe see what happens and start the process.  Anyway I agree with others here.  Just change the o to an e by hand if you are worried.  Probably very little to worry about.  Or if possible go to the original source (pharmacy?) for a corrected card.

Two days before my last cruise when checking documents, I noticed my DOB was wrong.  Same day I went back to the original source and got a new card.  It took longer to drive to the location than it did to change the card and this included the new card having my last name spelled incorrectly.  I noticed the incorrectly spelling before I left and my name was updated. 

Note - I was given a new card to correct the DOB.  My last name is similar that it ends in "son" and the misspelling was "sen".  This was corrected by going over it with a pen vs another new card.  I had no trouble at the pier when using my card.  

• Like 1

When filing our cards after our boosters, we noticed that the pharmacist put the wrong brand sticker on my husband’s card. I know that mixed vaccines are currently acceptable, but who knows what will be required in the future. We went back to the pharmacy. Records and even “video” were checked. The card was corrected. 

The booster stickers took up the last of the available space on our cards,  I guess we will be getting additional cards if another booster is recommended next spring.

Edited by Glendakayself

17 hours ago, FlamingJune1967 said:

Have you called the pharmacy or medical office where you received your shots, perhaps they will issue corrected cards.

On our card the wrong date we were vaccinated was entered.

2012 was entered on card instead of 2021.

I did not realize it until a few days prior to embarkation, I was worried we would be denied.

Upon check-in at port, personnel did not notice it also, but since vaccinations were started in 2021 it was accepted.

Very funny situation !

The one BIG thing to keep in mind is this: Make sure it matches your ID and looks correct. When you hand it to the person at the airport, you are at their mercy. If they decide it is wrong or doesn't match you are not flying that day. My SIL had the same type of problem. She went back and got a new card with everything correct. Just remember that you might run into a ticket agent or customs person having a bad day and they could say, "Bye Bye." I guess the worst case scenario would be if Customs of a foreign country would not let you in and you had to turn around and fly home. YIKES!