Laundry in Concierge class.

tipsygirl

Just got back 2nd bags of laundry on Marina (which now has over 900 on board)....turned in Saturday night and was back in our room Monday AM.  Same turn around time as first laundry when only 750 on board.   All beuatifully washed and folded!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Norseh2o said:

3rd laundry returned in 2 days as were laundries #1 & 2. 🧺❤️

Maybe with less pax  they have a quicker turnaround   the 3 day policy could be  a CYA  one 😉

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for delayed response I don't do cc onboard lol. Marina Nov 2021 laundry "special" reduced price back in 2 days wash & fold (20 items $24.95). While our luggage was missing (we did get it eventually thanks to O concierge) laundry was no cost to us and shirts/pants were put on hangers - once came back still warm in 90 minutes. I think that was a sea speed record lol but just ask your steward there are fast laundry services available for a fee. This was our 9th O cruise and the first one I didn't do self-serve laundry - maybe I'm a slow learner lol? 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2021 at 1:52 PM, Ski Mom 2 said:

On our Windstar cruises I put a note on the laundry slip and asked for cold water and hang dry (I have some bright colorful things that I didn't want to shrink) and they always came back in great shape. Of course on Windstar you get things back the next day on hangers 😄

We will be on our first Oceania cruise in January 2023 and will definitely need laundry service but the 3 day turnaround sounds like a long time regardless...

Windstar laundry service is amazing.  Mostly same day, pressed and on hangers.  Oceania laundry for concierge+ Is good, but it is not nearly as good.  

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Just a quick question, as we're starting to work out the practicalities for our forthcoming cruise. How many items am I likely to get into one of the "free" bags, please?  And, yes, I know that's like how long is a piece of string, but any advice gratefully received. Trying not to overpack for the 10 day duration so will probably want to take advatage of the Concierge benefit (and probably use the paid service as well to avoid ironing)

TIA

John

3 minutes ago, Harters said:

Just a quick question, as we're starting to work out the practicalities for our forthcoming cruise. How many items am I likely to get into one of the "free" bags, please?  And, yes, I know that's like how long is a piece of string, but any advice gratefully received. Trying not to overpack for the 10 day duration so will probably want to take advatage of the Concierge benefit (and probably use the paid service as well to avoid ironing)

TIA

John

You are allowed 20 items

There is  a free self serve laundry if you run short  while waiting for your sent out items to be returned 😉

27 minutes ago, Harters said:

Many thanks, both. I knew we had the three bags but hadnt spotted the "small print" on the website.

We spent a week in Barbados prior to our TA and I packed a case for Barbados and a case for the cruise, when we got to the ship we spent 20 mins sorting washing and sent some off that afternoon, it came back within 3 days, the complimentary pressing came back next morning and due to the fact that my husband is the world’s most useless packer, the express items he had to send out came back very early the next morning. 

Items aren’t ironed but they come back very neatly folded.

We were in a PH on Riviera, it was absolutely 3 day turnaround for the complimentary laundry.  Items were crushed and wrinkled, not neatly folded upon return.  
First set that was sent out (in a plastic motel style laundry bag due to no cloth laundry bag in cabin) was returned in a cloth laundry bag.

The second set sent out in the cloth bag was returned rolled inside a sheet of plastic that was taped shut, and I do not think they were actually washed, or their laundry wash water is very dirty and the rinse cycle is inadequate.

Just now, Harters said:

I could give him a run for his money in that contest. I wonder if it's a gender thing? :classic_biggrin:

I think it might be, but he is awful….every attempt is an unmitigated disaster. I don’t even try to help him now, I just watch the disaster unfold (excuse the pun). 

2 hours ago, jwindham said:

Not how many in the bag but the count, you get 20 items for free in your bag. Julia

They have to fit in the bag though. You can't get 20 pairs of pants in a bag. Also, each sock counts as a separate item.  I would say you could get 2 pairs of slacks, 3 button down shirts, maybe a couple t shirts, a pr shorts and misc underwear.

14 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

They have to fit in the bag though. You can't get 20 pairs of pants in a bag. Also, each sock counts as a separate item.  I would say you could get 2 pairs of slacks, 3 button down shirts, maybe a couple t shirts, a pr shorts and misc underwear.

A pair of socks count as one item. We got slacks, tops, shirts and plenty of T-shirts in and always managed 20 good sized items…we are not skinny people…. 

3 hours ago, Harters said:

I could give him a run for his money in that contest. I wonder if it's a gender thing? :classic_biggrin:

No it's not, I'm an excellent packer. I usually start a couple of weeks before the cruise, 29" bag generally weighs around 44 pounds. Between that, a rolling carryon, and personal item I have everything I need for as long as I want to go. I've met people that can go on extended cruises with a carry on, but even with laundry facilities I hate to wear the same clothes more than twice in a cruise. 

6 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

6 hours ago, ToxM said:

A pair of socks count as one item. We got slacks, tops, shirts and plenty of T-shirts in and always managed 20 good sized items…we are not skinny people…. 

Our experience is the same as ToxM's.  A pair of socks counted as one item.

I use the ship laundry.  The clothes come back clean and folded.  Never had clothes returned dirty or off color. The return times vary.  They do state that return can take 3 days. Anything sooner is a plus. If you need something sooner, pay for quicker service, use the self service machines, or rinse clothes in your cabin.  I use the tub area for larger items.  I pack items that can wash and dry quickly.   20 items may not fit in one bag. Just use more bags.  The free laundry is a nice option for concierge cabins. 

• Like 1

We found that the 3-day laundry took 4+ days on our recent cruise and we even had to ask what had happened to it before it was delivered to our stateroom.  Most likely, it was done on time but just forgotten.  All of it was returned in fine condition but we decided that it was simpler to just do our own laundry as needed.  In our case, we had plenty of free time with numerous sea days.  Our experience has also been that toward the end of each cruise, there's a special offered on 1-day service -- still limited to 20 items (and a pair of socks is one item).  It's usually priced around $24-25 for the bag with the fast turnaround.