Booking Specialty Restaurant with Medallion App

pklein9747

You do pay for it when booking it prior to the cruise.  The way it worked for us is that we booked and paid for it ahead of time and it showed up on our folio as a refundable credit and then charged against our obc.  The same went for our spa appointments.  If you have a lot of obc, you may want to just wait and book it while you are onboard.  

On 11/12/2021 at 1:06 PM, Luckiestmanonearth said:

How likely will there be availability of the Crown Grill for dinner on a Sea day if you wait to book when you’re onboard ?

When I called Medallion app support couple of months ago about this question.  He stated not to worry about it.  Princess books specialty dinning 50% before embarkation and 50% when they start boarding.  So if you book as soon as you are on board you should have no problem.

58 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

If Platinum or Elite, you can make reservations immediately after booking.

Others must wait until the cruise has been paid in full.

I was getting an error when I tried to book, though Princess was able to make them for us.

On our Majestic princess cruise we just did in October 2021 it recognized that we had a free specialty dining from our TA and didnt charge my card, but now when I try to book for our 2022 cruise it wants to charge me and we have free dining again from our TA.  

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2021 at 4:54 PM, time4sun said:

Thanks so much Shelly!!!  I just didn't go far enough and it said "check back later"!!  Thanks to you, it worked!  Guess you have to be smarter than the app.....hehe!!

Agree - app is NOT intuitive

Edited by dance4fun
  • Like 1

On 11/15/2021 at 11:15 AM, cruzrbachoua said:

On our Majestic princess cruise we just did in October 2021 it recognized that we had a free specialty dining from our TA and didnt charge my card, but now when I try to book for our 2022 cruise it wants to charge me and we have free dining again from our TA.  

I am having the same issue. No problem for my cruise last Nov but its not recognizing it for my upcoming May cruise. 

14 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

I am having the same issue. No problem for my cruise last Nov but its not recognizing it for my upcoming May cruise. 

@Buckeye10640perks added by our TA seem to appear on embarkation day or sometimes even the day after.  Their explanation is that they buy the perk on embarkation day and sometimes there is a delay based on timezone difference between the ship location and Princess offices (e.g. ship in Europe at GMT+1 VS Princess at GMT -8 hours plus onboard account updated overnight ship local time following data load from home office). Perks added by Princess get posted earlier.

Edited by dance4fun

6 minutes ago, dance4fun said:

@Buckeye10640perks added by our TA seem to appear on embarkation day or sometimes even the day after.  Their explanation is that they buy the perk on embarkation day and sometimes there is a delay based on timezone difference between the ship location and Princess offices (e.g. ship in Europe at GMT+1 VS Princess at GMT -8 hours plus onboard account updated overnight ship local time following data load from home office). Perks added by Princess get posted earlier.

Thanks. Mine are from Princess as part of a Princess Plus promo. They show up in my reservation, but this time its not giving me the option to apply the credit in the Medallion app as it did for my November cruise. I will continue to check periodically. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/12/2021 at 7:32 AM, pklein9747 said:

When booking the Crown Grill through the Medallion App, it tells you the cost and your posted credit card.  Does it charge the credit card right away or is it just a hold?

Watch your onboard folio carefully! We prepaid for a reservation for 4 people for the last night of our cruise. We did not realize until we got home that we were also charged to our folio for the dinners. Trying to get the money refunded once off the ship is next to impossible. I sat on hold with Princess for over an hour who then told me to send an Email. I've been waiting a couple of weeks now for a response. If I don't hear anything I will take it up with my CC company.