New elevator buttons on Odyssey are horrible

I had all of the buttons light up when I got close to the panel a few times.  I know I didn't touch it or lean against it.  Some of the elevators were definitely more sensitive than others.  I like the idea of not having to actually contact the buttons, but the sensitivity issues have to be worked out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I had all of the buttons light up when I got close to the panel a few times.  I know I didn't touch it or lean against it.  Some of the elevators were definitely more sensitive than others.  I like the idea of not having to actually contact the buttons, but the sensitivity issues have to be worked out.

Maybe you just have an electric personality! 🤣

On 11/14/2021 at 3:42 PM, not-enough-cruising said:

I LOVE the new “smart elevators”, one of the buildings I work in has this style 

"Not unnaturally, many elevators imbued with intelligence and precognition became terribly frustrated with the mindless business of going up and down, up and down, experimented briefly with the notion of going sideways, as a sort of existential protest, demanded participation in the decision-making process and finally took to squatting in basements sulking." - Douglas Adams

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

20 hours ago, twangster said:

Maybe you just have an electric personality! 🤣

15 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

It's funny that you said that because someone said the same thing on the elevator when it happened one time, but then my wife commented "That couldn't be it, he doesn't have any personality"

Could it have been the result of your middle "name"?  Was there a strong turbulence?  😛

• Haha 1

• 10 months later...
On 11/16/2021 at 10:33 AM, cruisin from florida said:

"Not unnaturally, many elevators imbued with intelligence and precognition became terribly frustrated with the mindless business of going up and down, up and down, experimented briefly with the notion of going sideways, as a sort of existential protest, demanded participation in the decision-making process and finally took to squatting in basements sulking." - Douglas Adams

We always wonder about that poor woman living in the box at in the elevator who continually has to say 'doors closing', then 'doors opening' as someone else steps in, then 'doors closing' .  I've actually apologized to her.  🙂

• Haha 2

On 11/15/2021 at 2:35 PM, Old Fart Cruisers said:

No harm in touching the elevator buttons with your nuckle. I’ve always done that, even before Covid. 

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 1

Had to laugh…rather chuckle…when I saw the topic.  We just got off the Odyssey.  Those buttons calling for the elevator or inside the elevator were a minor thing but must say I did catch myself a couple times leaning too close and…ooops….accidently pressed four or five floors.  Oddly if one wave from top to bottom…vertically….other floors get lit.  So by day 7 I got use to doing a horizontal swipe.     No complaints…just a new way.   

• Like 1