Afternoon High Tea

Ok so I have looked everywhere and I can’t find this answer.

For anyone sailing the Symphony in 2021 have they had Afternoon Tea service?

love the scones and the clotted cream and jam and the really nice loose tea.

Had it at the Mandarin Hotel it was so nice.

TIA

Royal Caribbean stopped afternoon high tea a long time ago.  I think we had it once in the 1970's, but it was gone the next time we got on an RCCL ship. 

Cunard still has high tea on it's ships.

Edited by pcur
  • Thanks 1

Just FYI...  Afternoon and High tea are two different things.  Afternoon is the scones, clotted cream, little sandwiches, etc.  High tea is like supper... stew. a simple casserole (working man's fare) .  It's not a big deal, I know, but I was glad to know the difference.  🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's been awhile since we've cruised, but I recall some afternoon tea-like snacks in the Windjammer in the late afternoon.  It's not served like a formal tea, but it was buffet service.  (I'm sure it would not be a buffet now, but rather served by staff.) There were scones and some desserts.  I don't remember what all was there because we only went in one time when this was going on...I think it was around 4:00pm...and I don't remember which ship.   Sorry I can't be more specific!

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, foxgoodrich said:

It's been awhile since we've cruised, but I recall some afternoon tea-like snacks in the Windjammer in the late afternoon.  It's not served like a formal tea, but it was buffet service.  (I'm sure it would not be a buffet now, but rather served by staff.) There were scones and some desserts.  I don't remember what all was there because we only went in one time when this was going on...I think it was around 4:00pm...and I don't remember which ship.   Sorry I can't be more specific!

We've had this on several RCI ships. the last one was probably a few years ago.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rala said:

Just FYI...  Afternoon and High tea are two different things.  Afternoon is the scones, clotted cream, little sandwiches, etc.  High tea is like supper... stew. a simple casserole (working man's fare) .  It's not a big deal, I know, but I was glad to know the difference.  🙂

In the UK, High Tea would be a main course like that but also bread and butter and fancy cakes and scones - usually served before 6pm - to us supper would be much later in the evening. A very different thing than Afternoon Tea.

Wendy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

I have heard about the cakes in the late afternoon in WJ, I will check it out .

Sad to see The M.O. in Miami doesn’t have afternoon tea service.

thank you all for your answers.

All ships, pre covid,  have a 345 ,4 pm after noon snack not hi tea but  a WJ version. 😇