Thank you Royal Caribbean

FOXTROT

Want to thank Royal Caribbean for 21 years of cruising. In those 21 years we did 79 cruises on RCL & 2 on Celebrity. We were able to reach the Pinnacle Level & enjoy the benefits for about 1 1/2 years. We were able to cruise & see about 1/2 the world. We were known as the cruise couple. We got hundreds of people hooked on cruising & most with RCL. We have decided to listen to my wife's Doctors & not risk her life on the vaccine. It is too bad that people with disabilities don't matter anymore. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, FOXTROT said:

Want to thank Royal Caribbean for 21 years of cruising. In those 21 years we did 79 cruises on RCL & 2 on Celebrity. We were able to reach the Pinnacle Level & enjoy the benefits for about 1 1/2 years. We were able to cruise & see about 1/2 the world. We were known as the cruise couple. We got hundreds of people hooked on cruising & most with RCL. We have decided to listen to my wife's Doctors & not risk her life on the vaccine. It is too bad that people with disabilities don't matter anymore. 

Are you aware that Royal Caribbean is granting vaccine exemptions? 

2 minutes ago, FOXTROT said:

Thank you for that info. I had already called them. They said it doesn't matter, "You have to be vaccinated to cruise."  

I am surprised that the access department didn't have you at least provide documentation from a doctor stating why a vaccine is not possible.  Just saying no isn't giving consideration for a waiver.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2021 at 9:33 PM, Coralc said:

If your wife can't get the vaccine for health reasons, then her risk of becoming very ill from Covid, is probably pretty high too. I wouldn't accept the risk. Maybe take other vacations for a while? 

Thanks to Celebrity we both got free cases of Covid. She was hospitalized & received Hydroxychloroquine. We have traveled extensively this year around the US.  

• Thanks 1

There was a recent review from a passenger who said they had not been vaccinated and had an exemption from RCCL. I will look to see if I can find it--the reviewer wrote about their experience boarding, on board, and on an excursion. Not sure if policies have changed? But it was a recent review. 

On 11/15/2021 at 8:40 PM, newcruzer2 said:

Did he hint that the masks will also be optional????

Because if vaccines are optional but mask Are Not, I will need to get a refund before final payment!

Why?

The masks are to protect the unvaccinated.  As long as YOU are vaccinated, you are good to go.

And if you are not vaccinated, the only way that really protects you is to wear a true N95 or higher rated respirator.

• Haha 1

On 11/15/2021 at 4:41 PM, FOXTROT said:

What about the risk of not getting the vaccine? There is always that bout of Covid that does kill people.

On 11/15/2021 at 8:40 PM, newcruzer2 said:

Did he hint that the masks will also be optional????

Because if vaccines are optional but mask Are Not, I will need to get a refund before final payment!

Diamond Plus and have enjoyed all my Royal Caribbean cruises prior to the pandemic. Just off Serenade out of Tampa today. Mask on/Mask off. Mask on/Mask off. Mask on/Mask off and more of the same. Sorry.......not going to cruise on any line that mandates masking anywhere on their ships. Been there. Done that. Not going to do it again.

I'm am soooooo looking forward to our cruise on NCL next month. No masking is required anywhere on their ships when departing from US ports. NCL.....here I come!!!

On 11/18/2021 at 9:37 PM, FOXTROT said:

Thanks to Celebrity we both got free cases of Covid. She was hospitalized & received Hydroxychloroquine. We have traveled extensively this year around the US.  

You’ve already gotten Covid on a cruise and you want to chance it again?  With a loved one medically unable to get the vaccine?  Sorry but I’ve gotta ask why?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Diamond Plus and have enjoyed all my Royal Caribbean cruises prior to the pandemic. Just off Serenade out of Tampa today. Mask on/Mask off. Mask on/Mask off. Mask on/Mask off and more of the same. Sorry.......not going to cruise on any line that mandates masking anywhere on their ships. Been there. Done that. Not going to do it again.

I'm am soooooo looking forward to our cruise on NCL next month. No masking is required anywhere on their ships when departing from US ports. NCL.....here I come!!!

We just got off Celebrity Constellation out of Tampa on 11/12.  No masks were required, and saw only a few passengers who wore them.  🙂