Club orange- worth it?

hmorrow

We just “had an offer” lol, to upgrade to club orange.(for a fee) What kind of cabin would you be upgraded to. We are currently in an obstructed view balcony. Also , can anyone tell me about the special dining room, that is for club orange. Like a suite dining room?

thanks

25 minutes ago, hmorrow said:

We just “had an offer” lol, to upgrade to club orange.(for a fee) What kind of cabin would you be upgraded to. We are currently in an obstructed view balcony. Also , can anyone tell me about the special dining room, that is for club orange. Like a suite dining room?

thanks

It depends on the ship. Definitely worth it for Pinnacle-class, but not the others. 

You will get a meta upgrade meaning within the same catagory.  I'm on the koningsdam and I am enjoying club orange but it does have the same issues as the dining room such as slow coffee service, forgotten food items.  Food has been very good.  I generally only do it in the morning.  If it is a non pinnacle less worth it.  What is the price if you don't mind me asking.  Thanks.

Edited by Florida_gal_50

You would get upgraded to the highest room available in your category (so an unobstructed balcony if one is available).  We paid for club orange on an upcoming cruise on the Koningsdam and were able to get a category V balcony room (because of club orange) even though we had booked a fully obstructed balcony.  We're excited to try the private club orange dining room.  You also are supposed to get priority boarding and tender boarding with club orange in case that's important to you.  We thought the cost of club orange was worth it for the room upgrade alone, but it's really up to you as to whether you think it's worth the cost or not

We recently were on the Koningsdam with Club Orange and will probably do it again.  If you booked an obstructed balcony you should be able to select a regular veranda stateroom.  You can only select a balcony stateroom, not a veranda suite as that is a higher “meta” category.  

The newer ships have a very nice Club Orange dining room where you can have breakfast (with mimosa and fresh orange juice) and dinner with the same serving crew throughout your cruise.  The older ships have priority seating in the dining room and one extra entree added to the menu.

Priority tendering meant we did not have to pick up a tender ticket to go ashore.  You also have a priority line at the service desk.  Other priority items seem to be lost with Covid standards.  You get the special Club Orange bag.  Your key card will be orange (status symbol).🤔

In the beginning many people were not interested because of the upsell price  but are beginning to see the advantages of choosing a better stateroom and a priority  for the dining experience.

Free Mimosas, Bloody Marys, and steak for breakfast for starters.  Private dining room (not a reserved table) and your breakfast cooked just a few feet from your table is a nice perk.  The kitchen tour covers the kitchens, bakeries, storage facilities, gelato creation, and Specialty Restaurant kitchens.  Nice tote bag comes with Club Orange, too.

I would not pay more than $25 p/p/day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Crew News said:

Free Mimosas, Bloody Marys, and steak for breakfast for starters.  Private dining room (not a reserved table) and your breakfast cooked just a few feet from your table is a nice perk.  The kitchen tour covers the kitchens, bakeries, storage facilities, gelato creation, and Specialty Restaurant kitchens.  Nice tote bag comes with Club Orange, too.

I would not pay more than $25 p/p/day.

We did not get the kitchen tour or any special tours or experiences on the Koningsdam because of Covid.

Nobody offered me a bloody Mary but the fresh orange juice was wonderful at breakfast.

32 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

You will get a meta upgrade meaning within the same catagory.  I'm on the koningsdam and I am enjoying club orange but it does have the same issues as the dining room such as slow coffee service, forgotten food items.  Food has been very good.  I generally only do it in the morning.  If it is a non pinnacle less worth it.  What is the price if you don't mind me asking.  Thanks.

It’s on the konigsdam, and they want $25.00 pp per day

25 minutes ago, hmorrow said:

It’s on the konigsdam, and they want $25.00 pp per day

I think it’s totally worth it.  If you want a chocolate at night bring it with.  They seem incapable of providing it.  The hostess in club orange is just lovely. It’s a pleasure chatting with her daily.

43 minutes ago, hmorrow said:

I’ll call them in the morning. I’m sure we’ll do it....

thanks all- just REALLY excited to be cruising in two weeks!!!(after 20 months of no cruising)

We really enjoyed Club Orange on our cruise last, so much that we booked it for our upcoming cruise next month on the Rotterdam. What we enjoyed the most was breakfast with the free mimosas. The “mimosa steward “ got to know that we liked them and brought them to us without us having to ask. The staff is excellent and it’s enjoyable to watch the chef cook. We did enjoy dinner there five out of the seven nights. The only thing we wish was different is that the room isn’t next to outside windows. I’m sure that’s because it needs to be closer and accessible to the main kitchen. If it was me designing the arrangement I would switch the Pinnacle Grill with Club Orange but they didn’t ask me. When we were on the Nieuw Amsterdam in August we really enjoyed our breakfasts in the Pinnacle Grill next to a window watching the sea. (The Pinnacle Grill is used for Club Orange on that class ship.). 

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were in a Neptune Suite on Koningsdam in 2019 that came with "Club Orange" as a Neptune perk. I really enjoyed the meals at the Club Orange dining area but they were just larger, more dressed up versions of the the MDR menu - maybe with one addition. I wouldn't pay a separate charge for it.

A few Mimosas, or Bloody Marys, and one of the following entrees (at no extra charge) in Club Orange covers the cost of Club Orange:

"LOBSTER  BENEDICT *  –  12. 50
toasted English muffin, two poached eggs, Hollandaise sauce

USDA  PRIME  STEAK  &  EGGS  *   –  15
New York strip-loin, two jumbo eggs, hash browns, toast

MIMOSA  –  8. 25

BLOODY  MARY  –  9. 25

1 hour ago, Crew News said:

A few Mimosas, or Bloody Marys, and one of the following entrees (at no extra charge) in Club Orange covers the cost of Club Orange:

"LOBSTER  BENEDICT *  –  12. 50
toasted English muffin, two poached eggs, Hollandaise sauce

USDA  PRIME  STEAK  &  EGGS  *   –  15
New York strip-loin, two jumbo eggs, hash browns, toast

MIMOSA  –  8. 25

BLOODY  MARY  –  9. 25

Are you sure that the lobster benedict or steak & eggs is included in club orange?  Because they show a price on the menu while orange juice and mimosas show that they are complimentary.  I will definitely be happy if these entrees are included as complimentary in club orange!

8 minutes ago, roxybear135 said:

Are you sure that the lobster benedict or steak & eggs is included in club orange?  Because they show a price on the menu while orange juice and mimosas show that they are complimentary.  I will definitely be happy if these entrees are included as complimentary in club orange!

My post was based on the Club Orange (PG) menus I have from 2019.  Those items with costs in the MDR breakfast menu have been no charge in PG and Club Orange.  It was my assumption that this comparison would continue now in 2021. 

I will have the new Club Orange Breakfast menu in two weeks and able to verify with the 2021 MDR Breakfast menu that my assumption is correct. I will also obtain both the Club Orange (Neptune Suite) and regular Room Service Breakfast cards.  Stay tuned.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

We really enjoyed Club Orange on our cruise last, so much that we booked it for our upcoming cruise next month on the Rotterdam. What we enjoyed the most was breakfast with the free mimosas. The “mimosa steward “ got to know that we liked them and brought them to us without us having to ask. The staff is excellent and it’s enjoyable to watch the chef cook. We did enjoy dinner there five out of the seven nights. The only thing we wish was different is that the room isn’t next to outside windows. I’m sure that’s because it needs to be closer and accessible to the main kitchen. If it was me designing the arrangement I would switch the Pinnacle Grill with Club Orange but they didn’t ask me. When we were on the Nieuw Amsterdam in August we really enjoyed our breakfasts in the Pinnacle Grill next to a window watching the sea. (The Pinnacle Grill is used for Club Orange on that class ship.). 

Enjoy your cruise!

That would be a mistake to switch those two places as far as I’m concerned.  On my two cruises it’s been very busy in there in the morning but way less so when walking through at night.

9 hours ago, SumoCitrus said:

We were in a Neptune Suite on Koningsdam in 2019 that came with "Club Orange" as a Neptune perk. I really enjoyed the meals at the Club Orange dining area but they were just larger, more dressed up versions of the the MDR menu - maybe with one addition. I wouldn't pay a separate charge for it.

The food has been hot every morning.  That is something that has rarely happened in the dining room for me.

6 hours ago, Crew News said:

My post was based on the Club Orange (PG) menus I have from 2019.  Those items with costs in the MDR breakfast menu have been no charge in PG and Club Orange.  It was my assumption that this comparison would continue now in 2021. 

I will have the new Club Orange Breakfast menu in two weeks and able to verify with the 2021 MDR Breakfast menu that my assumption is correct. I will also obtain both the Club Orange (Neptune Suite) and regular Room Service Breakfast cards.  Stay tuned.

Roxybear is correct.  There is a charge for the steak and the lobster Benedict.  I am on the koningsdam right now.  Things have changed and not for the good in 2021.