Live from the Sky Princess 11/20–12/4

KLM3164

3 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

So here’s how the walk off process went for us today. All in-transit guests not going ashore met in the Soleil dining room at 9:30. At 9:45 we were told to proceed to the terminal where we had our faces scanned and then we were told to have a seat and wait to go back on the ship. At 10:42 they announced the ship was cleared and they would start letting people back onboard. The people in wheelchairs go on first. Then people who are standing will go next. Finally people who are seated in the lounge chairs will go last. For what it’s worth it doesn’t pay to be one of the first people off the ship as you will be in the seated section and last to get back onboard. If I’d known this we would have been at the end of the line to get off and then we would have been in the standing group. We each have a blue slip that says “testing complete in-transit guest”. We’ve been told to keep this slip of paper in hand as we proceed back onboard. In the end no one asked for our slip of paper to get back onboard. We officially walked back on the ship at 11:03 am.

This process took way longer than I expected but I guess it’s because there are 436 in-transit guests. My past experience with B2B cruises there were less than 20 people who were continuing on another week.

We are now in Bellini’s having our first drink of the second week of cruising. A drink called the Tropical Bellini. 

Ciao for now!

Thank you, once again, KLM3164, for all this very helpful information.

I thought of one additional question I had not yet seen an answer to: if you get off the ship and go into town or out and about, is there a special entry area to re-board the ship, rather than waiting in the line with the passengers boarding for the first time? I understand that this may seem a very elementary question but, again, we've never done a B2B before, so are curious, as we're considering going out and about for a bit on turnaround day.

Thanks again, and bon voyage!

Got at the terminal a little early at 9:45. They were lining up the elites separately. They opened up the doors at 10:00. To the elite area from there. On the boat just a little before 11:00. Went to the sanctuary and they let us reserve for the cruise after this starting 12/4. We got one of the last shady spots.

Got my ducks in a row for the next two weeks 😬

3F5B08A6-85A4-47FF-9B44-B5A61FEE5A9C.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, CruisinChandler said:

We had a wonderful 1st Princess cruise on the Sky and can’t wait to cruise Princess again. Sorry I stopped posting, it just got very annoying to type up a post and it not work. Then to clear cookies, login again, re-post and it still not work. So I gave up. Hope all those doing a back-to-back or embarking today have a great cruise! We just picked up our dogs from the sitter and are home now to watch some college football. 

16ABC8B8-D78C-4E26-93A0-528BFE45F862.jpeg

757BE268-2DDD-4C1A-A665-EB1165F0F3EC.jpeg

0AD6D86A-C388-405C-9197-A44FF6D05ED5.jpeg

1CB74929-29E6-4A70-B481-00C04FD9FE8F.jpeg

Glad all went well!
Did any of the "in transit" passengers test positive?
And what's in the Tropical Bellini and also what are those yummy chocolate looking martinis?

19 minutes ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Thank you, once again, KLM3164, for all this very helpful information.

I thought of one additional question I had not yet seen an answer to: if you get off the ship and go into town or out and about, is there a special entry area to re-board the ship, rather than waiting in the line with the passengers boarding for the first time? I understand that this may seem a very elementary question but, again, we've never done a B2B before, so are curious, as we're considering going out and about for a bit on turnaround day.

Thanks again, and bon voyage!

They have in the past...a dedicated line for in transit passenger and crew coming back on.  Not sure if that is still the case.

• Like 1

On board by 11:30.  Cabin already available.  Wandered a bit.  Sampled Alfredo's for lunch - probably do that a lot.  Found a pre dinner bar - Good Spirits - overlooking the Piazza.  Interesting band.  Played a good bit of Jethro Tull.  Good flutist.  Unpacking now.  Amazed at how many hangers in the closet.  OK, a mini-suite is not a suite with all the amenities but it is considerably larger than a balcony.  Plus our steward just dropped off a bottle of champagne for the sailaway.  A happy start.

Now if I could only find a stress free drive from Charlotte to Ft Lauderdale.  😀

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

The sun just got brutal on the starboard so we came in to wait for dinner.  Started poking around and can't find where to check our onboard account on the tube.  A little help here?   😀

Never mind.  I found it.  A couple of Stellas, 2 Moscow Mules and a bottle of cheap champagne.  That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

On board by 11:30.  Cabin already available.  Wandered a bit.  Sampled Alfredo's for lunch - probably do that a lot.  Found a pre dinner bar - Good Spirits - overlooking the Piazza.  Interesting band.  Played a good bit of Jethro Tull.  Good flutist.  Unpacking now.  Amazed at how many hangers in the closet.  OK, a mini-suite is not a suite with all the amenities but it is considerably larger than a balcony.  Plus our steward just dropped off a bottle of champagne for the sailaway.  A happy start.

Now if I could only find a stress free drive from Charlotte to Ft Lauderdale.  😀

Did you pre-order your bottle?

4 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

I'm going to miss Alfredo's on the Caribbean next month. I ate there twice on the Majestic in August. We've driven from Raleigh a couple of times. Going down has been great. We hit horrible traffic coming back once. That and a flat tire turned our one-day trip into two. 

6 hours ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

I thought of one additional question I had not yet seen an answer to: if you get off the ship and go into town or out and about, is there a special entry area to re-board the ship, rather than waiting in the line with the passengers boarding for the first time?

Sorry but I can’t answer this one since we didn’t go into FL today. From what I saw I think just about everyone stayed on the ship and didn’t go into town. 

13 hours ago, Grego said:

All Royal Class ships will dock at #2, Princess main terminal.  If there are other Princess ships in port and they are not the larger Royal Class ships, they will usually be at #19.

I always check with the port website or call the harbormaster since we drive to the port and I want to know which locations the ship will be in at both ends of the voyage.

13 hours ago, chrysalis said:

We are at terminal 2....but last week we left from 21, because the newest ship, the enchanted, was at 2

12 hours ago, capriccio said:

You can also consult the ship schedule, published 1 week in advance:  https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/

On December 4, the Sky Princess is due to dock at terminal 21 and the Regal Princess at terminal 2.

Yes, a Royal Class ship always get T2.  But, if there are two of them, they have to place one at T21.  

I imagine when the new LNG class arrives, they will get T2 and push off the Royals.  I don't think some of the other terminals are so well equipped to handle a full Royal Class ship.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

Did you head over to A1A?  Where at?  Sorry it didn't reduce the stress level.

We'll be heading through the center of your city southbound to SW FL for the Winter in about a month.

• Like 1