Travel Information issue

Electricx

Hello Everyone!

I just booked my first Princess Cruise (YAY!!); however, I may have run into a snag.

When filling out my full name, the form states to put the name as it appears on your passport.

I have 2 long middle names. They both do not fit in the space provided. So I put in just 1 middle name and called.

She said unfortunately there are only so many spaces, so just got to put in what you can.

So now the form states (for example) instead of Mary Katherine Joanne it is Mary Katherinejoa

Is this going to cause a problem when I board?

Any insight would be appreciated!

24 minutes ago, Electricx said:

Hello Everyone!

I just booked my first Princess Cruise (YAY!!); however, I may have run into a snag.

When filling out my full name, the form states to put the name as it appears on your passport.

I have 2 long middle names. They both do not fit in the space provided. So I put in just 1 middle name and called.

She said unfortunately there are only so many spaces, so just got to put in what you can.

So now the form states (for example) instead of Mary Katherine Joanne it is Mary Katherinejoa

Is this going to cause a problem when I board?

Any insight would be appreciated!

Nope. Our daughters were both adopted from China and have both American and Chinese middle names, and they are LONG. We have been on many cruises with them, and their names on the ship reservations have never matched their names (as they fully appear) on their passports. It's never once been an issue.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, skynight said:

I would use my first and last names plus the two middle initials, or maybe just one middle name plus a second initial. I would not enter all the full names with the last name truncated when you run out of space. 

I agree with this, the surname must be fully in agreement with the passport as well as the first name. Middle names are not always of concern to the cruise line.

Regards John

Only place it might be a concern is when / immigration etc come on-board prior to you getting off ship ie: our docs were thoroughly checked  on cruise around Japan, S Korea when they came on-board before letting us go ashore

. Also for flights 

My wife has never had an issue using just her middle initial for travel purposes even though her passport contains the actual middle name.  I dropped my middle name years ago and never have an issue either.  (I have considered getting a new one - perhaps "Steelers" would work - LOL).

• Like 1

We did a B2B and linked the bookings except my husband was listed first on the 1st cruise and I was listed first on the 2nd cruise. As a result on the 2nd cruise, his name got connect to my passport information and mine got connected with his. I corrected the error numerous times before the cruises but the computer kept overriding the corrections. At port before boarding I mentioned the problem and was concerned because our names and passport numbers wouldn't match and I was concerned with immigration saying names/passport numbers don't match. They assured me whatever is listed prior to boarding doesn't matter. It's what they have when you board that matters. It all worked out except my charges got mixed up with his and his picture would show up anytime I bought a drink and vice versa on the 2nd cruise. We had numerous crew members mention this. He had a drink package and I didn't so it did take a little bookkeeping but everything was fixed in the end. So bottom line is I don't think it will matter as long as your name is correct when you check in for boarding (not sure how that works with the Medallion app though).