Can anyone tell me about a sky Suite

Bjbilly

A sky suite will provide access to the Retreat and the Retreat concierges.  You will also have a Personal Retreat Host (the current name for your butler).  Your MDR will be Luminae.  Did you book with the AI perks?  If so then you will be some OBC, pre-paid gratuities, Wifi, and a premium beverage package.

Interesting question on an upgrade in the days of AI. 

The Suite/Retreat package would normally include a premium drink package. They almost certainly aren’t going to differentiate in the lounge, and probably not in Luminae. Someone has almost certainly done this, but I don’t know what they’ll do on a complimentary upgrade. But normal would be premium drinks, WiFi, gratuities and OBC. Oh, and a larger cabin, of course!

Luminae was amazing!

A few other things:  at check in at the port, look for the Suite entrance/line.  In the Retreat, feel free to carry out anything that you want later for your cabin - water, soda.  If there's a refrigerator in the Retreat,  just help yourself. If there's no refrigerator, ask the bartender not to open the bottle/can.  You might also get an invitation to view sail away from the helipad. Enjoy! 

28 minutes ago, Bjbilly said:

Yes I have the A I perks but only the classic package I'm on Sillouette on Monday they just called me I'm so excitednever got an upgrade in 70 cruises

Congratulations on your upgrade.  I wasn't clear if you had booked a suite guarantee rate or what.  Enjoy.  

There should be an upgraded tote bag and a fake leather key holder in your cabin. You can take them both home. There should also be upgraded shampoo, conditioner, lotion and soap, an upgraded robe and usually slippers.  You can request to disembark at whatever time is convenient for you (beginning of the process, end of the process), and get luggage tags for that time (ask your Retreat host).  

Sorry to keep adding but I'm excited for you!  

You can also eat for free in Blu, if there is space available.   It's a very pretty room and you might want to try it. Breakfast in Luminae or Blu is very nice. And from my pre-pandemic cruises: there is an upgraded room service breakfast menu in the binder on the desk.  There might also be reserved seats in the show a couple of nights. There should be information about this and other suite benefits in your suite, and your Retreat Host should also tell you. 

1 hour ago, markeb said:

The Suite/Retreat package would normally include a premium drink package. They almost certainly aren’t going to differentiate in the lounge, and probably not in Luminae.

My wife and I have upgraded from Aqua Class to a Sky Suite using Celebrity Move-Up.  It is not quite the same thing as a complementary upgrade but I am pretty sure it would work the same as far as the drink package us concerned.  They did not differentiate in Michael's Club so I assume that they will not differentiate in the Retreat Lounge.  However, they did differentiate in Luminae and we had to limit ourselves to drinks included in the classic drink package, except when we were in Michael's Club.

Edited by actuarian

2 hours ago, t18c97 said:

That info is not totally correct. All suites booked with AI get the Premium  beverage package wi-fi.  This chart doesn’t show those for either Sky or Celebrity suites.  

• Like 1

Congratulations on your upgrade! Deck 6 is a deck they are using for quarantining newly arrived crew so that may be the reason.

Sky Suites are much bigger than a balcony and as well as Luminae and the retreat lounge/Michaels you’ll also get access to the retreat sun deck. 
Have a wonderful cruise! 

Congratulations, you will love the Sky Suite and the Retreat. We cruised in our first Sky Suite on the Equinox last August and loved the experience and service. Our Butler brought us breakfast every morning and set up the table on our balcony and even poured our first cup of coffee. He brought us afternoon appetizers and even lunch on one port day. He also booked our specialty restaurants and even shore excursion while we were onboard.  Anything we needed, within reason he got or did for us. The Retreat Lounge was our favorite bar and the bar tender knew our favorite drinks when we came in every afternoon.  This was our best cruise in the last 25 years. It was our 50th wedding anniversary and this cruise was exactly what we wanted to celebrate.

One problem I need to warn you about, once you do a suite it will be very hard to go back to anything else. We had sailed in Aqua on earlier X cruises and while we like BLU it is nothing like the Luminae. The service in Luminae was far superior to the two specialty restaurants, Murano and Tuscan Gril.l We booked a FCC while on the ship, the Apex in 2023 in a Sky Suite and two weeks ago we booked 2 Edge cruises in 2024 also in a Sky Suite. When you add up all the benefits of the Retreat and what is included a Sky Suite is not too much more than a top Aqua Class cabin. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Bjbilly said:

Yes I have the A I perks but only the classic package I'm on Sillouette on Monday they just called me I'm so excitednever got an upgrade in 70 cruises

So very happy for you....very deserving.....you paid your dues and then some!

Yeah, you are in trouble for future cruises. Celebrity treats you like royalty when in a suite. It’s going to be very hard to go back!😀

One thing that I wish I new on my first Sky Suite experience is that MOST of the suites are Sky suites. I thought that somehow I was in a “suite lite” kind of situation and while Celebrity was giving me the same service, I was somehow in a lesser suite and not really deserving of all the attention. I know that sounds stupid but I kind of felt that way. Celebrity didn’t make me feel that was, I did it to myself. 

So enjoy the cruise and take advantage of all the suite perks!  I will be hard to go back!!