How comfortable are Mini suite Sofabeds (Emerald Princess)

mark46

I know you are asking about the Emerald, we were just on the Majestic.  The sofa in our mini suite was extremely uncomfortable to sit on.  I made a comment to the HGM, he told us they are to be replaced in their next dry dock.

Hopefully, on the Emerald they are newer.

• Like 1

I'm concerned about the sofa bed, too. My son actually finds the pullmans' comfortable, but the Deluxe Balcony cabins have a sofa bed instead on the Majestic, so I'm hoping it's not too uncomfortable.

On my last couple of cruises on other cruise lines, I was told that the egg crates were no longer available as they couldn't be cleaned properly, so our steward put a couple of comforters on the bed to add a little extra padding.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, mark46 said:

I was considering packing an air mattress.  They don't take up much space.

One person we know (who posts here as well) has taken an air mattress and slept on his balcony. He did this on a 19 day cruise. Obviously it was a warm weather cruise.

I have slept on the sofa bed and it is very firm.  I like a firm mattress but there is absolutely no ‘give’ to the sofa when sitting on it or sleeping on it.  

There is also an indent where the sofa folds/bends when it is upright that was a comfort problem.  I asked for one of the comforters used on the traditional beds.  I folded it in half and after the first uncomfortable night, I had great sleep the rest of our cruise.  

Judy

Just opened our sleeper sofa on a mini suite on the Sky Princess. 

No you can't put your air mattress on the couch. When opened the couch turns into a small single size bed. I am 6'2" and 222 lbs  it worked for me to try out. It would have probably have been too hard to sleep on A thin memory foam pad might be an idea, they may even have on board. If you like a firm mattress you will be ok.

• Like 1