Question concerning the iLounge on Celebrity ships

ronmar22

I am considering purchasing an iPad Pro for my wife.  I have read where it is possible to buy some Apple products in the ILounge.

A couple of questions come up.

1. Is there any way to find out if they would have iPad Pro's in stock on the ship (the Silhouette Jan 4)?

2.  Beings I have a bunch of OBC, can it be used towards purchases in the iLounge?

Thanks for any help with this

Yes, you can use OBC to purchase Apple products. There’s no way of knowing what their stock will be before boarding.  Keep in mind that they may not offer the latest version. But if you’re like me, sometimes I have tons of OBC to burn through at that’s ok.  

Thanks for the reply’s.  I guess this is one of those good news / bad news situations.  Yes, I can use OBC for purchases in the iLounge, however, chances are they will not have what I’m looking for and there’s no avenue for me to check their stock.  Oh well, might just wait until being onboard and see what they have in stock.  Thanks again

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

We were on the Edge at the end of November;  they had very little inventory and it was not current.  The person running the ILounge  no idea when they would get more product or what they would get.  

I have been on both Millennium and Equinox in the bast 1.5 months.   All the Apple stock is pre-Covid and they indicated they didn't have a way to have it discounted or inventory refreshed with new stock.

They did have  iPad Pro but indicated they were the 2019 model -  I forget what Gen they said it was.

Really a shame that so many people with Credits can't use them for current models of Apple Products.   The same is true of the Apple Watches.

• Like 1

The only idea I have for finding out what inventory they might have would be to go to the rollcall of the cruise prior to yours and see if anyone there would be willing to stop by the ilounge and look at the inventory on their cruise, which assuming they don’t sell every item should still be there for your cruise.

1 hour ago, Alakegirl said:

The only idea I have for finding out what inventory they might have would be to go to the rollcall of the cruise prior to yours and see if anyone there would be willing to stop by the ilounge and look at the inventory on their cruise, which assuming they don’t sell every item should still be there for your cruise.

Sounds like a reasonable idea.  Thank you.  I will give that a try.

We just got off Millennium. iPad Pro is the second generation model. Last sea day they had a ‘sale’ on - sorry can’t remember the price but I think it was $60 - $80 off the previous price. Stock of other Apple items was very limited. 

Sailed recently on two different Celebrity  ships.  

Very  limited supply if any of the Apple products. There was a IPad on one  but it is a very basic and a few generations old.

Supply issues are world wide and the I Lounge  is a reseller and not a Apple store.  Even in the past most of their products were of the older versions and limited.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I'm on Summit and they have Apple Watch 5.  It's been $399 since they resumed cruising.  Finally lowered it to $249.  Calling it part of their Black Friday sale. 😅  Everywhere else quit carrying them quite awhile ago.

Edited by goofysmom99