New 21 day before online Registration

NW Pacific

Saw a prior post and went online for my Jan 9,2022 cruise, I was at 67%, but cannot add or edit anything at this point, states complete 21 days prior.  Question, will anybody having a cruise coming  up in 21 days,  Post and let us know if all information already provided is saved, like pictures???  Asked on line chat, but did not get an affirmative answer, just hope so.  this is wonky time posting, excuse blue lines if they appear

• Like 1

We sail on the Bliss on 12/12 so we are about 18 days out.  At 21 days out, you can do the safety item by watching the video and selecting a check in time.  My info that I put it prior to 21 days out in that section was saved.  So if you added your photo, it should remain (or at least mine did).  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, luvtollers said:

NW Pacific:  BTW,   how do you find the online chat with NCL?  I need to contact them about another issue regarding my own check-in.

Go to NCL.com, sign in, and wait a few seconds. In the lower left hand corner, a blue tab with "Chat with an agent" will appear. Click there, and follow the directions to add the info they require to service you.

I went in to add my wife's info today, after she got her new passport, and it was locked down to 21 days out.  I'm on the Dec 26th sailing.  Not sure if this is a new thing, but I had always seen the button orange before today.

Annoying lol, because now I can't complete it without her being present to get her picture.

Edited by chillyw

14 hours ago, chillyw said:

I went in to add my wife's info today, after she got her new passport, and it was locked down to 21 days out.  I'm on the Dec 26th sailing.  Not sure if this is a new thing, but I had always seen the button orange before today.

Annoying lol, because now I can't complete it without her being present to get her picture.

Speaking of pictures, I tried to take pics of my family from my cellphone, but it didn't take it because it wasn't in the right format???  Does anyone know if, or how, I can take the pictures and downline them into the online registration?

2 hours ago, Calvin said:

Speaking of pictures, I tried to take pics of my family from my cellphone, but it didn't take it because it wasn't in the right format???  Does anyone know if, or how, I can take the pictures and downline them into the online registration?

To make mine work, I had to choose 'Macro' on my phone.  (I really don't understand it....but it worked!)

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, chillyw said:

She doesn’t have to be present. When I did mine online check-in a few months ago, I used a picture I already had (did not take a new one with my camera). At port check-in earlier this month, the picture I uploaded was there. 

35 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

She doesn’t have to be present. When I did mine online check-in a few months ago, I used a picture I already had (did not take a new one with my camera). At port check-in earlier this month, the picture I uploaded was there. 

I uploaded a picture when I checked in.  They took another one anyway 😎

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 10:10 PM, NW Pacific said:

Saw a prior post and went online for my Jan 9,2022 cruise, I was at 67%, but cannot add or edit anything at this point, states complete 21 days prior.  Question, will anybody having a cruise coming  up in 21 days,  Post and let us know if all information already provided is saved, like pictures???  Asked on line chat, but did not get an affirmative answer, just hope so.  this is wonky time posting, excuse blue lines if they appear

Yes, everything is saved.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dobiemom said:

Ah thanks, good call. I'll get a picture from her so I can just check us in.

21 hours ago, julig22 said:

I uploaded a picture when I checked in.  They took another one anyway 😎

20 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Photos have to meet certain specifications for use by ship facial recognition/thermal scanning systems (like don't use your photo from 20 years ago because it looks a lot younger 🙂). Seriously, it is more on the quality of the photo and background. 

I told the woman at check in that I recently got new glasses (so the pic was a bit different). She asked if I wanted another picture taken and I declined. 

So what is the B-I-G deal with this photo thing ?

Previously NCL when you were registering at the pier before boarding NCL took a picture

of you and mated it to the onboard account. No the picture wasn't on your key card but

when entering leaving the ship or using any function when the card is scanned your photo'

would appear to the scanning source - to see if it is the real you LOL !

UMAU  -  Ugly mugs are us !

I don't think that scanning a photo in advance is anymore efficient or speedy in registering

and processing your boarding the ship - there will still be L-I-N-E-S !

For Past Guests everything should be on file to edit.

And for the first time cruisers YES a file needs to be created.

• Like 1

the picture thing in   advance can be a real pain for some,  US for sure. thats why the posts.  totally agree,  we are Platinum Plus and sure would think they could use past pics, but  for whatever reason that's part of the check in process, even though I  have read that they still take photos at check in if they decide to.  Just another bump along the way to get cruising.  Hoping now with the latest news we don't get canceled again for the damn new Virant coming out of South Africa

I booked an last minute cruise on the Gem in about 2 weeks. I had no issue uploading my picture on the ncl website for my breakaway to Bermuda cruise on October yet this morning i had a ton of issues of getting my picture uploaded for the gem cruise. The picture never seemed to be uploaded to the site, it keep asking me to take a picture. Very annoying. Eventfully i got my picture working using my other mobile device. 

it would of be nice if my picture can be stored on file for future cruises

On 11/24/2021 at 10:05 PM, chillyw said:

We recently got new passports also and just used our cell phone to take a picture of the "extra" passport picture we got when our passport pictures were taken.  I was able to load them with no problem.  NCL may wish to take a new picture at the pier but at least I gave them something.

• Like 2