Upgraded to GS! I have questions...

laurspag

Hi all.  I won my Royal Up bid!  I've never been in a grand suite before.  I know little about the benefits.

Can you fellow cruisers help out?  I'm diamond and have been on a number of cruises but never above a JS.

I'd love to know more about the entities and perks.  I will be on Serenade, so I know there is no Jamie's Kitchen.  We leave Saturday!

• Like 1

Great!  Thank you for the info.  We have enjoyed the diamond lounge in the past.  Is the suite lounge much different?  Some have said there is free soda, beer and wine.  

Since we were upgraded through Royal Up and will sail Saturday, I don't think I will be contacted by the concierge.

Since I purchased WiFi, I think I can cancel that now then.

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes that's why I said I think as I am not sure if it's a benefit on serenade.

Sorry.  That's why I need to have a cup of coffee before commenting on facebook, which I didn't when I replied.  Happy Thanksgiving.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, laurspag said:

Any idea which ships?

Only on Oasis & Quantum class ships is it included on GS and above...So since you're sailing on Serenade you'll need to purchase your internet. See if you can still purchase it on the Black Friday sale for your cruise on Saturday.

You leave Saturday?  Certainly not enough time to build up sufficient pinky muscle to survive the week.  Nothing worse than pinky fatigue during a cruise.  Suite life ain't easy.

You shouldn't have bid before consulting with us first.

Edited by soremekun

13 hours ago, bethco said:

Any drinks you have in the Concierge Lounge will not count against your 4 free Diamond drinks.

This is great to know.  We've been away for about two years and just booked a GS.  We are Diamond Plus and when I was booking I asked about the 5 drinks loaded on our card and was told you have to use them if you want a drink in the Diamond or Suite Lounges.  So now we wouldn't need a drink package.   

22 hours ago, dwayneb236 said:

You also can order anything from the main dining room menu to have delivered to your cabin as room service.

There is also an expanded menu for room service breakfast.

8 hours ago, PerferWarmWeather said:

This is great to know.  We've been away for about two years and just booked a GS.  We are Diamond Plus and when I was booking I asked about the 5 drinks loaded on our card and was told you have to use them if you want a drink in the Diamond or Suite Lounges.  So now we wouldn't need a drink package.   

You're D+ and staying in a GS ... you will get free drinks in the SL (during happy hours)...no need to use your 5 voucher's there. Save them for during the day or at other venues or Cocoa Cay if your're stopping there.

9 hours ago, PerferWarmWeather said:

Drinks in the Diamond lounge will count but not in the Suite Lounge, at least this is how it was for us on Adventure in September.