LIVE from the Majestic Princess /Mexico November 27-December 4

pkt1976

7 minutes ago, pkt1976 said:

I had a lovely dinner with friends at Bistro Sur La Mer. The food was fantastic and the service was as well. 

The photos are of 

- menu

-goat cheese “Olives” and polenta fries with dipping sauces 

- salad with ahi Tuna 

- ahi tuna tar tar 

-pate

- escargot

-beef filet

-rum baba

- beignets with fruit 

- floating island merengue  

-lobster bisque 

BDA68F0B-5B3A-4BDF-9403-0999EF44C3E3.jpeg

6426B443-6170-4F08-8605-E478708C07CC.jpeg

53EAC8F0-07A4-4A5A-88AA-4EFBDF898ADC.jpeg

F7530218-05FB-4A42-9CB7-BB1646D1E214.jpeg

2BDE5B99-7A6E-4663-AFEC-E821355DCA94.jpeg

1BE7C772-E7B9-46CC-9CF6-DB5A5A486FB4.jpeg

C734E002-9DF5-4A06-AD7A-76A45E987BDA.jpeg

E1D830B6-CCAA-4880-918C-CA1E04B4FE99.jpeg

A7603A5A-1076-4803-AD9A-DE0DB7C29C4F.jpeg

F088C2C5-4F6D-4FEE-BE18-EFA62CEA5F40.jpeg

8ABD544D-8705-420B-AAD4-99E972838207.jpeg

WOW !  😮,    wine selection ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, c-boy said:

WOW !  😮,    wine selection ?

Enjoyment of food and wine is very subjective.  We find the food and wine to be below expectations.  Alfredo’s is good, but nothing else is worth mentioning.  The wine was box quality but the mixed drinks and International Cafe for snacks and coffee were good.  We are thinking about a good home cooked meal or restaurant on Sunday.  Either would be superior to what we have had this week.

No burgers on evening menu.  I too enjoyed the different special burgers before.  Hope it comes back.

Service thru the app to the cabin is great.  We are on for 5 weeks and have ordered ice, water, cocktails, food, pillow and very quick and great friendly staff.  Take note that even though ship is half full, crew numbers are down too.  So I would imagine it will still be quite good even with more guests.   

Food is very subjective.  And we certainly have not gone hungry.  We really enjoyed bistro sur le mer and harmony and will go again.  

Wine selection is 10 pages!  So I am sure you can select something.  However if you have the drink package you are limited in choices.  We don't have drink package so we usually order a bottle and store for next night!  Although we usually finish entire bottle.  

The crew are really what makes this trip.  They are amazing.

Have dined at alfredos 4 times sine we boarded 3 weeks ago.  Initially the pizza was undercooked for our taste but next time we asked for it to be cooked longer and it was perfect.

Christmas movies have now been loaded on the tv.  Now the debate is Die Hard a Christmas movie?  Well it is there!

New set of singers and dancers start tomorrow.   Looking forward to seeing them.

Vickie

• Like 6

5 hours ago, PasadenaDave said:

Enjoyment of food and wine is very subjective.  We find the food and wine to be below expectations.  Alfredo’s is good, but nothing else is worth mentioning.  The wine was box quality but the mixed drinks and International Cafe for snacks and coffee were good.  We are thinking about a good home cooked meal or restaurant on Sunday.  Either would be superior to what we have had this week.

Guess this means we won’t be seeing you on any future cruises.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, leet102 said:

Is the Chopsticks noodle bar open, and if so, what are they serving?  Thanks for the info!

The noodle bar is great, and they have a standard wonton soup every day and a daily special.

There are lots of extras you can add to customize the soup to your liking (all no charge)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, vickie_bernie said:

No burgers on evening menu.  I too enjoyed the different special burgers before.  Hope it comes back.

Service thru the app to the cabin is great.  We are on for 5 weeks and have ordered ice, water, cocktails, food, pillow and very quick and great friendly staff.  Take note that even though ship is half full, crew numbers are down too.  So I would imagine it will still be quite good even with more guests.   

Food is very subjective.  And we certainly have not gone hungry.  We really enjoyed bistro sur le mer and harmony and will go again.  

Wine selection is 10 pages!  So I am sure you can select something.  However if you have the drink package you are limited in choices.  We don't have drink package so we usually order a bottle and store for next night!  Although we usually finish entire bottle.  

The crew are really what makes this trip.  They are amazing.

Have dined at alfredos 4 times sine we boarded 3 weeks ago.  Initially the pizza was undercooked for our taste but next time we asked for it to be cooked longer and it was perfect.

Christmas movies have now been loaded on the tv.  Now the debate is Die Hard a Christmas movie?  Well it is there!

New set of singers and dancers start tomorrow.   Looking forward to seeing them.

Vickie

Thank you for sharing!

We are looking forward to ordering items through the app, trying the noodle bar and Harmony.  I know we won’t go hungry.

I really like Alfredo’s. I have a dairy allergy and for me their pizza is great even without cheese.

Have you noticed if there are any newly released movies yet for On Demand or MUTS?

Also, do you know if it is possible to find out what the approximate occupancy will be for the December 18 cruise?

Enjoy!

2 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Guess this means we won’t be seeing you on any future cruises.

Incorrect, we will return and we put down a deposit.  Just because I am critical of the food doesn’t mean we didn’t have a good time.  I want people to have an honest critique 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, leet102 said:

Is the Chopsticks noodle bar open, and if so, what are they serving?  Thanks for the info!

Here's a pic of the noodle bar menu from a couple weeks ago. 

Thanks pkt1976, the Stone Island visit (and food!) was my favorite place 😀

20211106_142919.jpg

• Like 5

I’ll finish up when I’m home… time flies when you are having fun. 

I was very happy with the food for the most part. There were some items not to my liking,  so I simply ordered other items. We all have our own tastes, that doesn’t mean something I don’t like is horrible so I don’t  say that 🤷🏼‍♀️

I LOVED Harmony and Sur Le Mer and I would eat at both again. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, PasadenaDave said:

I ate there Oct 8. Food was too rich for me ( & I like butter) and very disappointed. I ordered escargot & it was nothing I had ever seen. Left 1/4 of it. Waitress would have recommended lobster soup but I thought I could have had that here.

I ordered their recommended martini which was also a mistake. Left 1/2 of the chocolate dessert. If you are going to eat there, suggest a lot of wine.

Polenta stick was meh. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vickie_bernie said:

It is on this list of classic Xmas movies:

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/leisure/arts-and-culture/news/g962/the-most-classic-christmas-movies/

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PasadenaDave said:

The wine was box quality 

19 hours ago, vickie_bernie said:

Wine selection is 10 pages! 

Ten pages of box qualiry wines?  Wow.  Who'da thunk it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, imalori said:

Looking forward to your wrap up posts! Please let us know about any sea life you saw (whales?) And, post the menus if you took pictures.  Counting the days to my embarkation (7!)

We have seen lots of dolphins.

Whales in cabo the last few weeks in the bay especially around the arch.

This week was the first week we saw whales in Bandaras Bay in PV

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vickie_bernie said:

We have seen lots of dolphins.

Whales in cabo the last few weeks in the bay especially around the arch.

This week was the first week we saw whales in Bandaras Bay in PV

Hello Vickie, I saw where you said you were on for 5 weeks. We are getting on Jan.15 thru Jan 29. Wondering if you will still be on. As I recall, you guys were on the 45 day Royal cruise around South America a few years ago, or maybe my memory is fading. We love the Royal class ships, thanks for the nearly live from.

Doug

1 minute ago, echoshipmate said:

Hello Vickie, I saw where you said you were on for 5 weeks. We are getting on Jan.15 thru Jan 29. Wondering if you will still be on. As I recall, you guys were on the 45 day Royal cruise around South America a few years ago, or maybe my memory is fading. We love the Royal class ships, thanks for the nearly live from.

Doug

Yes I was the destination expert on that 49 day voyage around south america 

I get off Dec 18.  Been away for 2 months loving iT but looking forward to being home too.   

The crew here are amazing 

• Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 12:55 AM, caribill said:

Special ordering can result in not getting an egg that has been under a heat lamp for a while.

This is true. I sent EB back and said the yolks were too cooked, they returned with a fresh EB with perfectly poached eggs. And the waiter stood there while I checked it. 

• Like 1

Back from the wonderful cruise - I was having a problem with my internet so was hard to post anything while on board - I was having problems because I am going on the Grand 10 baja cruise tomorrow and I think that really confused my app lol!  It showed my cruise was from Nov. 27-Dec 15 (instead of 2 cruises) on the Majestic and then showed my cabin number that I will be having on the Grand - tried to fix it on board but no one was able to get it fixed so I just gave up so much for my internet that was included -  hopefully on the Grand I wont have the same problems.  My step father had perfect internet and no problems at all with the app.  the weather was perfect the last day felt the ship moving a little but that was it.  I did see alot of dolphins but no whales - I am hoping to see them on the cruise tomorrow in fact we are going to try and set up a whale watching tour in Cabo for the second day we are in Cabo.  The food was really good - did the chefs table and that was just amazing.  We also went to crown grill one night and it was not the best crown grill dinner we have had - the filet was dry and was not as tender as it should be but besides that everything was great - besides that I think the food was really good in the dinning rooms.  The buffet was not that good - VERY limited selections and the selections they did put in there were not the best.  I did not see any of the entertainment but my step father saw Vicki's Mexco talk and really enjoys it - I did see Vicki on the morning show and really liked that (good job Vicki!!) One strange thing that happened was that I never saw my cabin stewart - not even once! I knew his name and I kept looking for him in the hallway because I did have a gift I brought him and wanted to give it to him in person but couldn't find him so I just left the gift in the room.  I know i could have called him to my room but the room was taken care of just fine no complaints so I really didnt have a need to call him I just thought that it was weird. Looking forwad to my Cruise on the Grand tomorrow

• Like 2

13 hours ago, caribill said:

It's time we had a good new funny one.  I've seen the old ones too many times to want to keep seeing them again.   Well, I was thinking the other day, it has been a while since seeing The Santa Clause.

Edited by Steelers36

54 minutes ago, mmllss said:

I did see alot of dolphins but no whales - I am hoping to see them on the cruise tomorrow in fact we are going to try and set up a whale watching tour in Cabo for the second day we are in Cabo.  

I live on the Southern Oregon coast. For the past two weeks, we have been seeing gray whales migrate down towards Mexico. Hopefully you will see some. 

• Like 1